Cheapest Countries To Live In

ForeignExchange

...interesting thread and some good thoughts and information. It reminded me of way back in 1978 I sailed a little thirty foot sailboat equiped with a fixed compass, a handheld one, a lead-line and a secondhand Ray Jeff RDF into St. Thomas harbor after a year passage from Florida. I got the anchor down and headed for the closest waterfront bar (there were waterfront bars in those days... now its all tourist shops). There were a bunch of old expats holding up the bar and drinking pre-noon beers. After some intros and such... they all said I was too late... I should have got there ten years back. lol

Oh well... now all these years later I must agree that it is *&%# hard to find paradise... too crowded and not all that cheap anymore wherever you go. The mention of the Philippines does have some merit. You have to stay away from Manila and Cebu, about eight hours bus ride north of Manila are a few thriving small towns and a city or two that are your best bet. A nice rental house for about $400 US and then two to three hundred for the rest... I suppose you might do it for twenty percent less if you lived a bit closer to the bone...

dennis

Edited by solodennis

ray23: After rading your post, I had to check your avatar as it was exactly what I would have posted had I put in my experience, including livning in P.S. for years.

Gary A: My Thailand experience exactly except for substitution Patttaya for my sourthern end of the equation.

I really thought I could live in two places. Half the time in Jomtien Beach and half the time up country in Loei province. It hasn't worked out that way. The more time I spend up country the better I like it. Each trip up is longer and I take up more things. I actually don't care to even be in Jomtien anymore. My country boy roots have taken over.

:o

Yep the real Thialand is like that Thia girl friend slowly but surely she owns you. Laughter.

LOL! :D

My demure submissive girlfriend ALLOWS me to have a big face in public and in front of my friends. "Up to you Tee rak". :o That changes some behind closed doors. :D

I really thought I could live in two places. Half the time in Jomtien Beach and half the time up country in Loei province. It hasn't worked out that way. The more time I spend up country the better I like it. Each trip up is longer and I take up more things. I actually don't care to even be in Jomtien anymore. My country boy roots have taken over.

:D

Yep the real Thialand is like that Thia girl friend slowly but surely she owns you. Laughter.