Maejo University Gym

tomahawk

Thanks for calling my attention to this. I live a few minutes from MJU and would love to have a fitness center closer to home. My 18 yo daughter says it's true, one of her boyfriends :) works out there. She is going to check on details and get back to me. And I'll let you know what I find out. don

I found the MJU weight room yesterday afternoon, it was closed but I looked in the windows, it opens from 4:30 to 8:30. It's pretty minimal, but it's free and open to the public as far as I could determine.

There is one universal type machine with multiple stations and some free weights; several benches and barbells and some small dumbells. You can maybe get a decent workout if you're creative and determined, but it's very limited. More barbells and benches than 700-year, but fewer machines and smaller free weights. Serious heavy lifters will not be satisfied.

It is located in a room, on the lower floor, at the far rear of the large sports building, which is at the end of the main entrance drive off of the hwy. It's next to (right of, looking from the road) the track/football field, 2nd building to the left of the new technology/communication building. Right now the plant exposition is in progress; there is a Kubota tractor exhibit at the front of this building.

Went there handful of times about 4/5 years ago, and if it's still the same set up, it's not much cop. Rickety multi-gym and a few benches and free weights - 5 or 10 baht and not great hours. There's a ton of new buildings going up at MJU so perhaps there'll be an upgrade soon.