The Lifan Lf250t-6b

Richard-BKK

Neverdie,

Check your facts, all people comment here I only have open my throttle to lose them... I can light a smoke waiting until I move to second gear before any come close... Even in second gear I can get out perform most of the people posting here...

Anyway, in a few days... I will get my 1198S, still on sell is my old (very well maintenance 2008 1098S... you just need the satang to get it)

Yeah yeah, we get it, you've got the biggest "one" here.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so amazing to me that the BIKES FORUM has been blessed with so many "experts." Regardless,...

I'll assume that's sarcasm since it is followed by "Regardless..." The fact is you should be amazed and appreciative because there are in fact a lot of people I would consider "experts" on the subject of bikes and specifially bikes in Thailand that are selflessly willing to share their knowledge and experiences with us. I thank all of them. You threaten to ruin that by mocking them. Please don't. They have been, and I hope, despite people like you, will continue to be an invaluable source for us here.

YEA, what he said.

Sorry Peaceblondie I not know much CVT automatics witch will outperform a transmission engine of a Dyno. So it is not a surprise that you Honda CBR150R wil outperform a scooter... On price the Lifan will cost much less then the Yamaha Nouvo MX and the Honda Airblade, and this scooters are producing power not over 7 horsepower, even the automatic power play scooters as Yamaha Elegance just produces under 10 hp, so a scooter on the Thai marker which can keep power with sporty transmission bikes is something new.

Sure, nobody want to hear anything from a Chinese company...

Its apparently difficult Richard to push runny <deleted> uphill with your nose. Try promoting something half decent, you may have a different result. 10 out of 10 for effort!

^^^^ This post should have been the end of the thread. So true, and well said :)

I'd agree regarding the Kawa 650, but 250s are not big bikes. The Ninja 250 is lot of money to spend for a little bike. They sell very well overseas because they are cheap, which isn't the case here. On a track the will be beaten by a 150 2T and with little power in the low revs they are not much good in Bkk.

I dunno, my little Ninjette was wicked fun, both in the city, on small tracks like the BRC and on the twisties up north. I beat the crap out of it and it never complained. Came with a 2 year unlimited warranty too. As far as cost goes it's priced almost the same as MSRP in the US so I don't find it overpriced. And when you compare it to other 250cc machines available in Thailand, like the Tiger Boxer 250RS or this Lifan thing that may or may not be available in Thailand you'll find the Ninja 250R generates twice the horsepower and benefits from true sport bike geometry and handling.

Sure a 2-stroke will beat it, but correct me if I'm wrong- are there any NEW 2-strokes still available in Thailand?

Right now the Ninja 250R has no competition in Thailand. That will change if/when Honda brings the VTR250 to the Land of Smiles.

Ride On!

Tony

Being a dirt bike I would say the KLX has no competition, except the Lifan 200. Eventually the Chinese will make decent bikes, how long and whether Lifan turn out to be decent we'll have to see. If they could make something decent like the XR250 and sell them for 80k there'd be heaps of buyers.

Regarding the Ninja 250, how well are the selling? I've only seen one.

I'd agree regarding the Kawa 650, but 250s are not big bikes. The Ninja 250 is lot of money to spend for a little bike. They sell very well overseas because they are cheap, which isn't the case here. On a track the will be beaten by a 150 2T and with little power in the low revs they are not much good in Bkk.

I dunno, my little Ninjette was wicked fun, both in the city, on small tracks like the BRC and on the twisties up north. I beat the crap out of it and it never complained. Came with a 2 year unlimited warranty too. As far as cost goes it's priced almost the same as MSRP in the US so I don't find it overpriced. And when you compare it to other 250cc machines available in Thailand, like the Tiger Boxer 250RS or this Lifan thing that may or may not be available in Thailand you'll find the Ninja 250R generates twice the horsepower and benefits from true sport bike geometry and handling.

Sure a 2-stroke will beat it, but correct me if I'm wrong- are there any NEW 2-strokes still available in Thailand?

Right now the Ninja 250R has no competition in Thailand. That will change if/when Honda brings the VTR250 to the Land of Smiles.

Ride On!

Tony

Being a dirt bike I would say the KLX has no competition, except the Lifan 200. Eventually the Chinese will make decent bikes, how long and whether Lifan turn out to be decent we'll have to see. If they could make something decent like the XR250 and sell them for 80k there'd be heaps of buyers.

Kwaker factory is operating at full capasity, and they are selling everything they make

Since were back on the subject of dirt bikes, (the only thing I might be interested in form Lifan) here is the link to the other thread going about Lifan, specifically the Lifan LF200 GY-5..ffeewww...that's a mouthful. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/200cc-Enduro...ey-t315760.html Also started by Richard, but this time with an actual review and comparison to the KLX250 instead of a dry Lifan PR department release. (Do more like those please Richard :) )

Lifan has been selling in America for a few years, but apparently there are copies being made which Lifan says are where the complaints are coming from.

Lifan America reviews and info:

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusia...=American+Lifan

http://www.motorcyclesurvey.com/reviews/am...f200gy-5/r1771/

http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/showthread.php?p=191362

I believe this is Richard-BKK's site: http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Li...get-Enduro-Bike

Ride On!

Tony

Kwaker factory is operating at full capasity, and they are selling everything they make

Worldwide maybe, however I don't think there releasing figures for Thailand.

Back to the Lifan and copies, even if it's true, it doesn't inspire confidence. I've never heard of copy bikes before.

Back to the Lifan and copies, even if it's true, it doesn't inspire confidence. I've never heard of copy bikes before.

Havent you ?? Not uncommon at all..

The sachs madass is copied like hel_l.. Seems to be endemic in china.

Porsche Cayenne, chinese edition, 4 pot diesel :):D

actually its nice and I wouldnt mind having one. but it is a copy

sleek, smart, sophisticated,
Is that lifted from a tailors catalog?

Personally I would like to think the Chinese are busting a gut to make even better products. But from a low starting point it may take several more years for them to catch up with where the Japanese were in 1999! :)

Personally I would like to think the Chinese are busting a gut to make even better products. But from a low starting point it may take several more years for them to catch up with where the Japanese were in 1999! :)

dont underestimate the chinese. presently its just the worlds largest automarket. us is second, and may fall deeper.

VW has been doing great there for years and Benz is picking up. benz has delivered their largest order (made in china) in years to a taxi corp.

They have caught up. Now they need brand naming

and thats why we still choose the known brands in LOS, like yammy, honda and suzuki

too many brands have failed here

dont underestimate the chinese. presently its just the worlds largest automarket. us is second, and may fall deeper.

VW has been doing great there for years and Benz is picking up. benz has delivered their largest order (made in china) in years to a taxi corp.

They have caught up. Now they need brand naming

and thats why we still choose the known brands in LOS, like yammy, honda and suzuki

too many brands have failed here

Yes, don't underestimate the small hands of a 12 year old which can really get into the tight places during assembly. :D

Dunno, every time I went to the Kawa dealer in CM they were selling one or two bikes. And that was inside the 30 minutes - 1 hour I was there. I guess they're doing allright. Brilliant business tactic, sell the same quality product as others, only 50% less expensive :)

China has a problem with copies and also seems to be obsessed with producing everything as cheap as possible without regard for ... much else. That might impede the rise of Chinese auto and bike manufacturers. In addition, I don't get why a company like Lifan would have any price advantage over the brand names. Anyone can open a factory in China and produce cheap, and if not in China, then in SEA, even Thailand, and produce products as cheap as in China. So if the Chinese motorcycle/car costs significantly less, then I am suspicious. It's more likely they were cutting corners - they pay the same for raw materials (world wide prices), they pay the same for labor.

In march I run a halve marathon in Samutsakorn, and I will change clothing at the local police station, and I'm sure that they will be happy to accommodated a fair 1-on-1, and it would be a easy match for Tony for somebody who just run 21 kilometers in a less them 50 minutes....

Richard (can i call u richie?) :D

This is the internet, of course I can, Richie, Samut Sakhon isnt too far from my farm (well its not my farm but the farm I live on). I might just come and show u my Raider in March, if your a good boy.

Yesterday, I was in Bangers, doing a few mods and I borrowed a Yoshi CDI (limited edition) for my bike, anyway, after doing a full service and putting in some new synthetic oil in the bike I took the new CDI for a spin........<deleted> :D:D:D:D - talk about two different bikes. For starters the thing nearly sat me on my arse when I dropped the clutch and once the shock of that left me, I spun it in 2nd, 3rd and 4th to inexcess of 13,000rpm & the thing was still accelearting <deleted>? (normal redline is 11,500 rpm & the bikes breathless by then).....i'm obviously no dyno machine but the difference was VERY noticable :cheesy: ....so how much money do I have to part with to get one of these CDI's???? Aparently there is no money, as I was told the CDI was NOT FOR SALE & THERE ARE NO MORE :D:D:clap2:

Anyway, my new Carby is ace & Ive managed to find some sticky tyres & I replaced the bent sprockets that my crappy little 150 ate up (bent like the letter U).....which is ggggreat.

Anyway, if only I could devise a way to get my hands on one of those CDI's...... :)

your Suzuki Raider R 150 can give me excitement... yes the CBR150R had it's icon status but it never really satisfied it's riders.

Yikes! So happy to hear that Neverdie and his Raider can give you the excitement and satisfaction you've been lacking... :)

Who needs a room?!?! :D:D:D

Ahaahahahah!!! Ride On!

Tony

Ahhh Tony, you silly boy, changing a few words changes the whole meaning behind everything, doesnt it :D:D

Again, take it up with Honda, not on this forum..the current Honda CBR150R is EOL

Wow, you made a statement that was highly subjective (but it never really satisfied it's riders); I pointed out that the statement was full of crap (or any other word you'd prefer) and you come back with "the current Honda CBR150R is EOL".

Why didn't you take up the fact that the Raider gives you a tickle in the pickle with Suzuki since, if I remember correctly, any and all new models are actually only imports--if you can get Suzuki to order it for you?

And please enlighten us about how to tell the difference between a real Chinese Lifan and a real fake Chinese Lifan...or are we supposed to shop at a shop you're affliated with (dam_n it you drew it out!)?

dave, I was shocked to see there were no percentages or strange calculations in your post.....is this the real dave? has his account been hacked? :)

Since the OP raised the point in this thread: Nothing lasts forever, even the 2002-2010 Honda CBR150R. The unanswered question is what Honda will market for 2011-2020. A CBR200 FI?

Well that would be nice if they did, hopefully they would make it a 200cc motor with some punch, something sporty to go with its fab looks. :)

Oh, I'd say they've sold a few...

36.jpg

Dude on the black Ninjette is running stock IRC tires!

4.jpg

(No surprise he ended up in the drink) :)

Tony,

I hate IRC tyres with vengence.....having said that, last week I rode a bike with a new breed of IRC 'Racing Series' tyres on it & they were so sticky & impressive I bought a set......not cheap (Compared to the base models) & I'm obviously yet to see how they wear but a vast improvement over those stock or gold classed IRC tyres you see around the place.

Cudos to IRC :D

dave, I was shocked to see there were no percentages or strange calculations in your post.....is this the real dave? has his account been hacked? :)

I was tired and couldn't quantify how inane his posts are sounding to me....solly!

Well that would be nice if they did, hopefully they would make it a 200cc motor with some punch, something sporty to go with its fab looks. :D

Grandpa always said "Crap in one hand and wish in the other...see which fills up first."

I personally don't see them putting out a 200cc engine. As much as it pains me to admit it, I see them consolidating their lineup. So at best the CBR125i will be on the table. Granted there's plenty of mods out there to upsize it, but you'll lose the fuel injection along with that unless you know how to flash the CDI....

Dunno, every time I went to the Kawa dealer in CM they were selling one or two bikes. And that was inside the 30 minutes - 1 hour I was there. I guess they're doing allright. Brilliant business tactic, sell the same quality product as others, only 50% less expensive :)

China has a problem with copies and also seems to be obsessed with producing everything as cheap as possible without regard for ... much else. That might impede the rise of Chinese auto and bike manufacturers. In addition, I don't get why a company like Lifan would have any price advantage over the brand names. Anyone can open a factory in China and produce cheap, and if not in China, then in SEA, even Thailand, and produce products as cheap as in China. So if the Chinese motorcycle/car costs significantly less, then I am suspicious. It's more likely they were cutting corners - they pay the same for raw materials (world wide prices), they pay the same for labor.

How'd this thread end up being about CBR's?

Here is some interesting video concerning Chinese auto safety. These are just 64kph crashes!!

And an unbelievable one:

Edited by ScubaBuddha

You need to look at the mindset: Japanese versus Chinese:

Japanese: obsessed with detail and perfection.

Chinese: sell it cheap with low quality. Don't respect intellectual property, patents, etc. Copy others. Mass produce with low quality.

Japanese bikes may be made cheaply in Thailand from Thai and Chinese parts suppliers, but its the attention to quality control that makes the different.

I remember my first pickup in Thailand made by Isuzu. There were so many inspection dots over the components in the engine, that it looked like a brightly coloured Christmas tree! Ok, made in Thailand cheaply, but attention to detail and high QA. Needless to say it was extremely reliable and the only problem I had in 10 years was needing to replace the rear brake cylinders.

Chinese: sell it cheap with low quality. Don't respect intellectual property, patents, etc. Copy others. Mass produce with low quality.

Im old enough to distinctly remember those very same comments aimed at the Japanese manufacturing industry. But of course they (Japanese) got better untill being the leaders in innovation and manufacturing. As will the Chinese for sure!!

BMW are just one notable brand name now made in China......cant imagine one of those being "crap"??

Can buy crap products from any country in the world if you want cheap.

Im old enough to distinctly remember those very same comments aimed at the Japanese manufacturing industry. But of course they (Japanese) got better untill being the leaders in innovation and manufacturing. As will the Chinese for sure!!

BMW are just one notable brand name now made in China......cant imagine one of those being "crap"??

Can buy crap products from any country in the world if you want cheap.

The difference is that China can get those contracts and be held accountable...all the while churning out crap for those who don't know better. Japan, AFAIK, didn't have the same opportunity to produce for name brand companies and thus HAD to improve their product's images.

Of course I could be all wrong about that; we'll know in 20 odd years if Japan's example IS followed by China.

Japanese bikes may be made cheaply in Thailand from Thai and Chinese parts suppliers, but its the attention to quality control that makes the different.

I remember my first pickup in Thailand made by Isuzu. There were so many inspection dots over the components in the engine, that it looked like a brightly coloured Christmas tree! Ok, made in Thailand cheaply, but attention to detail and high QA. Needless to say it was extremely reliable and the only problem I had in 10 years was needing to replace the rear brake cylinders.

I think the current build quality is partially a result of the type of society each is. Japan being capitalist, there is always pressure to exceed in what you are doing to advance yourself with pride and integrity. China, being communist, people are essentially assigned their lot in life at birth. There is no incentive to self motivate to move up the ladder. You are there to serve the country. Does that sound right?