The Lifan Lf250t-6b

Richard-BKK

Having followed lifan info on other forums, I get the impression lifan will be a step above the platinum / jrd / type crap sold.. I wont say they wont have some teething troubles, or 'issues' with QC when they start, if they are another brand that ships bikes for final assembly in Thailand then you have the issue of Thai mechanics being involved in the final prep and roadworthyness which is an issue.

But these will probably hit a price point / quality which doesnt exist here.. I would currently like a bike to prat around as a semi off road / semi road / stunt bike.. Something to fall off of and play wheelie practice.. I tend to think the Kwaker 125 being launched will be under powered but we will see.. However for something I intend to trash maybe a lifan would work in that place.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so amazing to me that the BIKES FORUM has been blessed with so many "experts." Regardless, I do appreciate news about new manufacturers and models. Thanks, Richard. Lifan maybe good, and maybe not, but I would like to hear all the sides to the story, and make up my own mind.

It's so amazing to me that the BIKES FORUM has been blessed with so many "experts." Regardless,...

I'll assume that's sarcasm since it is followed by "Regardless..." The fact is you should be amazed and appreciative because there are in fact a lot of people I would consider "experts" on the subject of bikes and specifially bikes in Thailand that are selflessly willing to share their knowledge and experiences with us. I thank all of them. You threaten to ruin that by mocking them. Please don't. They have been, and I hope, despite people like you, will continue to be an invaluable source for us here.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Time will tell if this is just another cheap piece of Chinese garbage... There's generally some truth to the saying, "You get what you pay for".

There's another one "If it sounds too good to be true... it most likely is".

Until I suddenly read about a Chinese manufacturer that's *not* total crap, I am not going to waste any more time on this :)

I have know only two people with Chinese brand bikes. A guy I met at the Kawasaki store who was about to buy a KLX, desperate to sell his Platinum, mentioned he had broken the frame three(!!) times, and each time going out there'd be a close to 50% chance the bike would come back home on the back of a pick-up truck... and a very good friend of mine whose JRD Scooter was nothing but trouble from day 1. These troubles were resolved a year later when its engine suddenly burst into flames.

I would currently like a bike to prat around as a semi off road / semi road / stunt bike.. Something to fall off of and play wheelie practice.. I tend to think the Kwaker 125 being launched will be under powered but we will see.. However for something I intend to trash maybe a lifan would work in that place.

To have fun in the dirt, having enough power to lift the front wheel over bumps and holes is important. People already complain about the KLX 250s lack of power, so I wouldn't hold hopes for the 125 or the Lifan 200.

Ah- never mind- you copied off the Lifan site: http://www.lifanmc.co.nz :)

It happens that on worldwide publications of multinational companies and the availability companies use for new products similar news publications. I hope you not believed you had found a new discovery, still the Lifan 250cc scooter is available in Thailand.

So you've never ridden one? Have you seen one? Why do the cut and paste?

There also seem to be ppl pushing new Kawa's here, it would be good if those with a commercial interest stated such. So many motorbike reviews just read like ads, which is why ppl come to forums for other opinions.

Hrm you sure there's people pushing Kawas? I don't sell anything motorcycle related but Kawa came out with the first Thai-made 250 and Thai made 650cc motorbike which gives them a 50% price advantage over everyone else. Unbeatable for price/value in Thailand (*). This makes me very happy about Kawasaki, and I am not the only one.

(*) until they start making other big brands here, or in 10 years when the FTA reduces import taxes from Japan to zero. But still.

It's so amazing to me that the BIKES FORUM has been blessed with so many "experts." Regardless,...

I'll assume that's sarcasm since it is followed by "Regardless..." The fact is you should be amazed and appreciative because there are in fact a lot of people I would consider "experts" on the subject of bikes and specifially bikes in Thailand that are selflessly willing to share their knowledge and experiences with us. I thank all of them. You threaten to ruin that by mocking them. Please don't. They have been, and I hope, despite people like you, will continue to be an invaluable source for us here.

You may ASSUME anything you want about me. I am grateful that there are real experts who contribute, but I was also referring to those who "think" they are experts. So, don't tell me who I am mocking and who I am thanking. If the boot fits, wear it.

Time will tell if this is just another cheap piece of Chinese garbage... There's generally some truth to the saying, "You get what you pay for".

ps. Where'd you copy that ad from Richard? "Smile on your dial"! :)

I agree the name says it all. When it will break down, your service might have been gone already. I won't dive into those adventures. Look at Platinum at Pattaya!

Hrm you sure there's people pushing Kawas? I don't sell anything motorcycle related but Kawa came out with the first Thai-made 250 and Thai made 650cc motorbike which gives them a 50% price advantage over everyone else. Unbeatable for price/value in Thailand (*). This makes me very happy about Kawasaki, and I am not the only one.

(*) until they start making other big brands here, or in 10 years when the FTA reduces import taxes from Japan to zero. But still.

+1 to that!

I was a pretty loyal Honda fan until I came to Thailand and had to leave my US spec CBR600F2 in Japan because it was going to be way to difficult, expensive and uncertain to try and bring it to Thailand.

Was and still am delighted that Kawasaki started selling big bikes in the Land of Smiles at unbeatable prices. I was just about to throw down close to 600k Thai Baht for a used VFR800 when Kawasaki announced they were going to sell the Ninjette 250R for a mere 157k Baht.

Would I ride a Ninja 250R, ER6n or Ninja 650R if I was still in Japan or back in the States? No, probably not. But here in Thailand they are an unbeatable value.

It's no secret that I sell a few accessories for the ER6n and Ninja 650R because these are bikes I own or have owned and finding and passing along mods and accessories is just something I enjoy doing as a hobby. I used to contribute a lot to the Ninja 250R thread too back when I had that bike. I've also been known to work on other peoples bikes free of charge because it's something I enjoy doing.

Despite what some may have insinuated I don't work for Kawasaki. But if they're hiring let me know! :)

Let the Good Times Roll!

16 HORSEPOWER - 250 cc = Lifan

16 HORSEPOWER - 231 cc = Tiger Boxer

16 HORSEPOWER - 150 cc = Honda CBR150

Guess which has hundreds of factory dealers all over THAILAND

Or if its horsepower your chasing, you could just get the Raider 150. Suzuki dealerships are all over Thailand and its about 15k cheaper than the Honda too.

Im trying to work out how Lifan got so little horsepower out of a 250. Kawasaki Ninja gets more than 33 or 35hp from their 250 motor? Perhaps it runs on cats piss or something? :)

I'd agree regarding the Kawa 650, but 250s are not big bikes. The Ninja 250 is lot of money to spend for a little bike. They sell very well overseas because they are cheap, which isn't the case here. On a track the will be beaten by a 150 2T and with little power in the low revs they are not much good in Bkk.

You may ASSUME anything you want about me. I am grateful that there are real experts who contribute, but I was also referring to those who "think" they are experts. So, don't tell me who I am mocking and who I am thanking. If the boot fits, wear it.

It was a reasonable assumption. You should be more specific in who you are casting you sarcastic and disparaging remarks on, otherwise they can appear to fall on everyone, as yours did. Then we wouldn't have to assume. If you have a position contrary to one stated here, then by all means post it and lets have a debate. Don't hide behind ambiguity.

I'd agree regarding the Kawa 650, but 250s are not big bikes. The Ninja 250 is lot of money to spend for a little bike. They sell very well overseas because they are cheap, which isn't the case here. On a track the will be beaten by a 150 2T and with little power in the low revs they are not much good in Bkk.

I dunno, my little Ninjette was wicked fun, both in the city, on small tracks like the BRC and on the twisties up north. I beat the crap out of it and it never complained. Came with a 2 year unlimited warranty too. As far as cost goes it's priced almost the same as MSRP in the US so I don't find it overpriced. And when you compare it to other 250cc machines available in Thailand, like the Tiger Boxer 250RS or this Lifan thing that may or may not be available in Thailand you'll find the Ninja 250R generates twice the horsepower and benefits from true sport bike geometry and handling.

Sure a 2-stroke will beat it, but correct me if I'm wrong- are there any NEW 2-strokes still available in Thailand?

Right now the Ninja 250R has no competition in Thailand. That will change if/when Honda brings the VTR250 to the Land of Smiles.

Ride On!

Tony

Sorry Peaceblondie I not know much CVT automatics witch will outperform a transmission engine of a Dyno. So it is not a surprise that you Honda CBR150R wil outperform a scooter... On price the Lifan will cost much less then the Yamaha Nouvo MX and the Honda Airblade, and this scooters are producing power not over 7 horsepower, even the automatic power play scooters as Yamaha Elegance just produces under 10 hp, so a scooter on the Thai marker which can keep power with sporty transmission bikes is something new.

Sure, nobody want to hear anything from a Chinese company...

Sorry Peaceblondie I not know much CVT automatics witch will outperform a transmission engine of a Dyno. So it is not a surprise that you Honda CBR150R wil outperform a scooter... On price the Lifan will cost much less then the Yamaha Nouvo MX and the Honda Airblade, and this scooters are producing power not over 7 horsepower, even the automatic power play scooters as Yamaha Elegance just produces under 10 hp, so a scooter on the Thai marker which can keep power with sporty transmission bikes is something new.

Sure, nobody want to hear anything from a Chinese company...

Its apparently difficult Richard to push runny <deleted> uphill with your nose. Try promoting something half decent, you may have a different result. 10 out of 10 for effort!

Neverdie,

Check your facts, all people comment here I only have open my throttle to lose them... I can light a smoke waiting until I move to second gear before any come close... Even in second gear I can get out perform most of the people posting here...

Anyway, in a few days... I will get my 1198S, still on sell is my old (very well maintenance 2008 1098S... you just need the satang to get it)

Edited by Richard-BKK

I will get my 1198S, still on sell is my old (very well maintenance 2008 1098S... you just need the satang to get it)

Your selling a 1098S for satang?

What makes you think I don't have that much :)

Your flogging a crappy scooter dude and then wonder why people jump on ur head.

You and Tony really should get a room :D

Yes I sell a Ducati 1098S for satang, amazingly more then Baht...

Sorry, I did not wanted to insult anybody, but a sales figure above 1 million Baht, is not the same target market as a Suzuki Raider R 150. I not suggest anything, I love anybody on two wheels.

^ Ohh nevermind Richard, I get that a fair bit on the forums, the people that assume since I only ride a Suzuki Raider 150 that I don't have money in the bank and can't afford anything more :) , meanwhile most of those people are borrowing to buy their bikes and paying back monthly plus some :D .

From memory a 1098S use to go for around the 1.5 mark, so Im guessing a 08 model in good condition with low miles should most certainly go for over 1 million.

@Peaceblondie

You once said you love the ride of the Yamaha Spark 135cc with fuel-injection, this motorcycle produces to factory specifications huge amounts of power then its 135cc automatic cousin powering the Yamaha Nouveau Elegance (135cc). In most cases if we can compare a two-wheel automatic vehicles with a transmission motorcycles the transmission bike will win on power, this is not a secret.

I cannot say anything about the warranty or service of Lifan, they just entered the Thai market. But the registered capital, again a free to get info, they are serious. The registered capital and invested capital of Lifan Manufacturing Thailand is the 3rd largest investment by a single motorcycle manufacturer in Thailand.

I always try to keep an open-mind, the motorcycle industry is like this...

Edited by Richard-BKK

^ Ohh nevermind Richard, I get that a fair bit on the forums, the people that assume since I only ride a Suzuki Raider 150 that I don't have money in the bank and can't afford anything more :) , meanwhile most of those people are borrowing to buy their bikes and paying back monthly plus some :D .

From memory a 1098S use to go for around the 1.5 mark, so Im guessing a 08 model in good condition with low miles should most certainly go for over 1 million.

Neverdie, trust me... it is not what you ride, your Suzuki Raider R 150 can give me excitement, it is in it's range a perfect bike, it is lite...it's powerful.. and it is remarkable affordable to its quality. Something in it's lifespan the Honda CBR150R was never able to reach, yes the CBR150R had it's icon status but it never really satisfied it's riders.

Edited by Richard-BKK

your Suzuki Raider R 150 can give me excitement... yes the CBR150R had it's icon status but it never really satisfied it's riders.

Yikes! So happy to hear that Neverdie and his Raider can give you the excitement and satisfaction you've been lacking... :)

Who needs a room?!?! :D:D:D

Ahaahahahah!!! Ride On!

Tony

I'm open for it, and I dear to say that Tony will not least a minute. But then I'm not a aggressive person, it is twice that I had Tony's bike in front of my Silver Toyota bull-bar... I believe nothing will be solved by aggression, but if Tony wants to release his feelings I'm okay with it...

I'm open for it, and I dear to say that Tony will not least a minute. But then I'm not a aggressive person, it is twice that I had Tony's bike in front of my Silver Toyota bull-bar... I believe nothing will be solved by aggression, but if Tony wants to release his feelings I'm okay with it...

LOL, I'm a lover, not a fighter, and I know better than to make a blind boxing date with a crazy Dutchman! :)

In march I run a halve marathon in Samutsakorn, and I will change clothing at the local police station, and I'm sure that they will be happy to accommodated a fair 1-on-1, and it would be a easy match for Tony for somebody who just run 21 kilometers in a less them 50 minutes....

Neverdie, trust me... it is not what you ride, your Suzuki Raider R 150 can give me excitement, it is in it's range a perfect bike, it is lite...it's powerful.. and it is remarkable affordable to its quality. Something in it's lifespan the Honda CBR150R was never able to reach, yes the CBR150R had it's icon status but it never really satisfied it's riders.

Yeah, those 1576 posts and 88,488 views (as of 0015 11 Dec 09) are from a bunch of disgruntled CBR150R owners......

Oh, and I wanted to ask you also; assuming that the preception to Lifan's *ahem* subpar quality is a direct result of imitator's copies, how could a forum member purchasing a bike on your recommendation be absolutely certain that what they were purchasing was a real-deal honest to gawd beacon of Lifan quality and not a KIRF?

Again, take it up with Honda, not on this forum..the current Honda CBR150R is EOL

Wow, you made a statement that was highly subjective (but it never really satisfied it's riders); I pointed out that the statement was full of crap (or any other word you'd prefer) and you come back with "the current Honda CBR150R is EOL".

Why didn't you take up the fact that the Raider gives you a tickle in the pickle with Suzuki since, if I remember correctly, any and all new models are actually only imports--if you can get Suzuki to order it for you?

And please enlighten us about how to tell the difference between a real Chinese Lifan and a real fake Chinese Lifan...or are we supposed to shop at a shop you're affliated with (dam_n it you drew it out!)?