The Lifan Lf250t-6b

Richard-BKK

The Lifan LF250T-6B is a sleek, smart, sophisticated, & with power to burn, the LF250T-6B also has the price tag which will really put a smile on your dial. The LF250T-6B takes the chore out of commuting and turns it into an enjoyment. Suddenly everything difficult about your daily commute is comfortable and smooth with this machine.

With near 16 horsepower under the right-wrist and a 249.6cc liquid-cooled single cylinder engine, and expertly designed ergonomics ensure a totally relaxed riding position while the powerful engine will handle all aspects of your trip.

The price for this 250cc scooter is less then you would expect...

post-12170-1260441918_thumb.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon, the Thai manufacturing sub of Lifan has just had the permission to undertake commercial activates. The official sales office of Lifan is only in operation since 28 October... and the big dealer event will start in the beginning of next month...

Wow....the motorcycle section has turned into an advert platform for some members....

Certainly has, that has to be a cut and paste. The 'ads' used to be only for the Kwaka's, but now Lifan has joined it.

What is the price tag? 16HP, isn't that similar to a CBR or Raider 150?

Oh my, before anyone wastes any money on this brand they'd be well served to do a little research online. Google "Lifan Reviews" for example and find glowing reviews like these:

"i wish i would have bought a bike not a problem, i have owned it for 2 years, 1st year was mostly repairs 2nd year i sorted it myself! rusty after 6 months never abused, never out in rain etc. . . Also parts are impossible to get i wouldnt recommend it for even a beginner to be brutally honest!"

"Have owned this bike for a few months now and to be completely honest you get what you pay for. I for one personally would not recommend this bike to anyone due to all the little faults that just add up to bigger problems, get a little more cash together and get something from the uk or a well known make/model and not some cheap chinese replica`s. "

" Appalling build quality, rubbish materials, fragile controls, I could go on. Yes, they're cheap, yes, they're Honda designs made under licence. BUT, they are not built with skilled labour and they are not built with high quality materials.

Build quality varies incredibly - a friend of mine sells them through his dealership and you can get four in at once, all built in the same factory by the same people. Three will be OK, one will be a b*stard. I know of one of these bikes that, in 2 months, has had - replacement barrel & piston, replacement centre stand, replacement indicators, bar switchgear and finally, new engine.

In all fairness, the one I've got has been reliable, but it gets more maintenance than the average owner will give them. As cheap as they are, resale value is 10% of sod all - so you might as well spend double the money on something from the big four and what you'll lose in depreciation is the cost of the Lifan."

This is a brand Richard recommends... :)

Still all comments of BigBikeBKK, which are mainly pointers from Lifan copied motorcycles.

The fact is that Lifan is the biggest motorcycle investor in Thailand for ages, investments bigger then the current number one and for capital Lifan is number 4th motorcycle manufacture in the world.... Kawasaki is something like 7th.

Second Lifan Thailand is the second largest motorcycle manufacturer to employ Thai workers, and they are the second largest motorcycle factory in Thailand.

Again, I cannot provide much of this data on-line, but labour facts are freely available by the Thai labour department. Production worldwide, Lifan is Chinese biggest motorcycle manufacturer, with a population of over 1 billion people and Honda not even hitting the number 5 spot of sale in China you can calculate the numbers.

3th Lifan holds over 4,000 patents in the motorcycle automotive industry, about 200 of this patents are currently widely used by Japanese manufacturers... You would be amazed how much patents this Chines company bought or developed in recent years...

Still all comments of BigBikeBKK, which are mainly pointers from Lifan copied motorcycles.

Ahem, I know you struggle with English, but for the record the reviews I quoted above were NOT written by me, but rather by the unhappy owners of Lifan motorcycles.

The fact is that Lifan is the biggest motorcycle investor in Thailand for ages, investments bigger then the current number one and for capital Lifan is number 4th motorcycle manufacture in the world.... Kawasaki is something like 7th.

Ah, so you believe that because they are the biggest, then they are the best? Tell that to the folks at General Motors :)

Second Lifan Thailand is the second largest motorcycle manufacturer to employ Thai workers, and they are the second largest motorcycle factory in Thailand.

Um, what's your point? The biggest is best argument again?

Again, I cannot provide much of this data on-line, but labour facts are freely available by the Thai labour department. Production worldwide, Lifan is Chinese biggest motorcycle manufacturer, with a population of over 1 billion people and Honda not even hitting the number 5 spot of sale in China you can calculate the numbers.

Hmmm, so you're telling us what we already know- China is the largest manufacturer of cheap <deleted> in the world... They don't buy Hondas because it's cheaper to make crap copies...

3th Lifan holds over 4,000 patents in the motorcycle automotive industry, about 200 of this patents are currently widely used by Japanese manufacturers... You would be amazed how much patents this Chines company bought or developed in recent years...

Bought, developed or stole...

Try again Richard, I'm not convinced :D

Never mind, people will always love what they ride, and apparently cannot keep an open-mind, this forum was once a source where you get the latest on motorcycles in Thailand. Now it has turned into a source of friends who ride a few brands (Honda and Kawasaki) and generally be negative about anything else.....

Better that people search for anything they want in Google... The quality of this forum is getting less...

Never mind, people will always love what they ride, and apparently cannot keep an open-mind, this forum was once a source where you get the latest on motorcycles in Thailand. Now it has turned into a source of friends who ride a few brands (Honda and Kawasaki) and generally be negative about anything else.....

Better that people search for anything they want in Google... The quality of this forum is getting less...

Agree 110%, the quality of this motorcycle forum has become quite poor. I'm always excited about up and coming brands. Take Tiger for example- you don't hear me slagging off on them because by all accounts their recent products are good quality and excellent value for money.

But when you come in with a copy and paste sales pitch and try to get us all excited about Lifan, and then I do a little research to confirm that it's a crap product, you get all bent out of shape and say I'm not "open minded"... Dare I say it's crap threads like this that turn bikers off from this forum?

There are plenty of posters on this forum who own just about every brand of motorcycle that exists. Not just Honda and Kawasaki...

Ride On!

For BigBikeBKK, do you accuse a official Thai registered company operating within Thailand of bad business practise? Our do you accuse a Thai company (Lifan Thailand) of producing faulty products in a public manner...?

Edited by Richard-BKK

For BigBikeBKK, do you accuse a official Thai registered company operating within Thailand of bad business practise? Our do you accuse a Thai company (Lifan Thailand) of producing faulty products in a public manner...?

I'm sorry if you can't understand English, but you're using some pretty big words there and I really don't have the time or desire to translate for you... BTW, what does Lifan mean in Chinese? :)

:D:D:D

Ah- never mind- you copied off the Lifan site: http://www.lifanmc.co.nz :)

It happens that on worldwide publications of multinational companies and the availability companies use for new products similar news publications. I hope you not believed you had found a new discovery, still the Lifan 250cc scooter is available in Thailand.

Ah- never mind- you copied off the Lifan site: http://www.lifanmc.co.nz :)

It happens that on worldwide publications of multinational companies and the availability companies use for new products similar news publications. I hope you not believed you had found a new discovery, still the Lifan 250cc scooter is available in Thailand.

So you've never ridden one? Have you seen one? Why do the cut and paste?

There also seem to be ppl pushing new Kawa's here, it would be good if those with a commercial interest stated such. So many motorbike reviews just read like ads, which is why ppl come to forums for other opinions.

the name lifan i have never heard of until now in this post..and i would have rather guessed it as a new brand of washing powder or fabric softener....hope their bikes are better than platinum. Would i buy a lifan? No, it still makes me laugh when i speak out this name, :D

Maybe their quality is ok, maybe not but i still can't get over its name.

Q: Hey whats this chopper you're riding here?

A: it's my new "LIFAN 250 xyz" :):D:D

edmund sackbauer

16 HORSEPOWER - 250 cc = Lifan

16 HORSEPOWER - 231 cc = Tiger Boxer

16 HORSEPOWER - 150 cc = Honda CBR150

Guess which has hundreds of factory dealers all over THAILAND

from the first post:

"With near 16 horsepower"= i think this is very little power from a 250cc engine.maybe it's a diesel engine? :)

edmund sackbauer

You keep mentioning that the crappy Chinese bikes are all copies of copies of original Honda equipment (that's some 25 years out of date). Why can you provide no links to back up this assertion? I find it extremely hard to swallow that the US/UK allow copyright infringing companies to sell products that would tarnish the good names of these allegedly premium manufacturers. I of course could be wrong, but would appreciate any link you can provide (that doesn't end in *.in.th) that shows me the error of my thinking.

They may be 4th for capital (that purchase of 13.5% of their stock by AIG likely helped a lot), but at, per their own website

LIFAN has produced and sold 1,777,000 units of motorcycles, ranking No.3 in motorcycle industry of

China.

(and yes, their website is THAT screwed up that I could not correct it even pasting it)

Now compare that to Honda's sales ONLY in Thailand:

Reviewing sales by country, in Thailand, although sales of the Wave series were favorable, sales of existing models weakened. As a result, Honda's unit sales in Thailand declined 8.2% from the previous fiscal year, to 1,286,000 units

So one year of sales in only Thailand netted Honda 72% of the sales that Lifan made as your assertion of their #1 manufacturer status! Yeah, I'd say that your claims are suspect....for instance, if they've only produced that few numbers of motorcycles I can't see them employing that many Thais, especially since they're not only producing in LOS, but also Vietnam and other places.

The claims of being the largest manufacturer in China are a bit pretentious considering the state of manufacturing there. Per this link there are at least 130 manufacturers in China. 23 of those produce at least 100K motorcycles a year. So that "WOOT we're number one with 6% of the Chinese market" is pretty lame.

And I'd also like to know the patents; with China opening up to privately owned business there's all sorts of chances for someone to come along and 'patent' something that has been another company's (think foreign mostly) idea for ages....

from the first post:

"With near 16 horsepower"= i think this is very little power from a 250cc engine.maybe it's a diesel engine? :)

edmund sackbauer

I'm just going to leave that alone; perhaps that's taken at the wristpin to boot?

Gawd, I can't help it....glue two of them together and you have a Kawasaki Ninja 250r engine!!!!

Richard are you going to by chance be selling these bikes? Did Lifan let you borrow one like they did the 200GY-5 to test ride? I am curious whether they are going to be crap or OK. Standby because my mate and I are going to buy 2 200GY-5's when they become available since I can't afford a KLX250 at 160k and they are a bit too tall and heavy anyway. If the Lifan 200GY-5 is more like my Platinum PX175 in terms of weight and height, I prefer it, as long as it stays running!!!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/200cc-Enduro...ey-t315760.html

post-70760-1260473146_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScubaBuddha