250 Ninja - Fender Eliminator Kit

james_goku

I did mine myself. There's loads of guides how to do it on the Ninja 250 forums, it took about 3 hours. I cut mine, the replacement part is cheaper than the "no cut" kits and I guess when I sell it the buyer would prefer the fender removed anyway because it looks terrible.

now can i get some real advice :)

Erm... I think that was sincere advice... I've noticed that many modern sport bikes have easily removable 'mud flap' fenders that are there in the first place because they're required by law, but seems the manufacturers realize many will remove them and have made it easy to do so.

Here's my old Ninjette in stock form:

0831KhunChonNinjaZm.jpg

And here she is with that tail assembly (and just about everything else) removed:

1125NoFenderNinjaZm.jpg

Some guys ride with the tail completely clean but I wanted to keep the turn signals so I took a sharp blade to the fender and trimmed it way down. This is what it looked like:

121208BikeWashSm.jpg

It's really cheap (a few hundred baht I believe) so you can experiment with it and if you don't like how it turns out just buy another one from Kawasaki.

Plenty of other cheap aftermarket fender eliminator options available. Have a look at ninja250thailand dot com for a start.

Happy Trails!

Tony

121208BikeWash1Sm.jpg

now can i get some real advice :)

I think he was being sincere. The fender mudflap things are there because they are required by law in alot of places. It may or may not be required in Thailand, but it is for sure required in USA and they probably just make them all the same rather than have different parts for different countries.

You are in the same boat as the rest of us. You either have to tear it apart, and cut it down yourself, or you have to go buy an aftermarket kit. I had to buy an aftermarket license plate relocation kit and integrated tail lights (turn signals on the rear brake light) for my cbr1000rr.

13554_190946661470_610491470_3537088_7259765_n.jpg

You are in the same boat as the rest of us. You either have to tear it apart, and cut it down yourself, or you have to go buy an aftermarket kit. I had to buy an aftermarket license plate relocation kit and integrated tail lights (turn signals on the rear brake light) for my cbr1000rr.
That looks like the Compwerkes kit. $150. Good stuff! Edited by RusticCharm

on my Ninja 650 I cut the plastic fender while still on the bike, an inch under the bolts to the reg plate. Using a angle grinder with "diamond" blade. Done in less than 2 minutes. Can be done with a 50 baht cutter or a heck saw or just about anything

this way I could keep regplate light and indicators all original and legal

Edited by katabeachbum

Being a do-it-yourselfer; deemed offering parts diagram was info for a good start.

Still I managed to upload front rather than rear area. Opps, silly me?

Here should be rear fender for reference info.

Goku, upload a pic of outcome, interested in seeing a job done photo.

Good Luck & No worries.

post-78747-1260703797_thumb.jpg