Lamai Beach

For the first time in ten years I went down to the beach in Lamai.

I turned left where on-way start and parked by the beach.

When I got down I got shocked how dirty it was, as long as I could see there was debris washed up on the beach.

I know it has been high sea and I haven't gone swimming for some time.

When coming back to Chaweng I went down to the beach near Fist bungalow and it was totally clean.

Doesn't the resorts and restaurants by the sea in Lamai ever clean up outside their spots. :)

Theyre probably waiting till around the 20th to clean it up, when high season kicks in. Stupid i know , if they kept on top of it year round, wouldnt be such a big job when, sorry if ,the tourists come.

I would not be so sure, some resort just clean up their small part....

And anyway the stray dogs will mess up again, apart trying to bite turists...

The thai simply cannot think that a lot of morons from europe come to this overpriced island JUST for that beach :) , or better that garbage deposit with paks of annoying dogs.....

Next time they will go to Maldives :D

Some poster seem to complain again and again only. :) If all is that bad and it never seems to get better, why do you stay here and become so disillusioned and bitter???

It might be dirty because the current at the moment brings that filth and if current movements change the sea will take it out again. That happens since years. During this weeks many hotel owner let their staff clean the beach in front of their resorts.

Lamai is one of the best beaches and overpriced? All price classes are available.

Some poster seem to complain again and again only. :) If all is that bad and it never seems to get better, why do you stay here and become so disillusioned and bitter???

Do you have a better place? Europe is under snow....

BTW, i cannot swim so i was just commenting the fact that a 5 star place should clean up the beach every 20 minutes with the cost of the room...

And i hope somebody from a 5 star place will be bitten by the dogs...so they will magically disappear forever....

Yeah, I think some islands at the Philippines would be the perfect place for you. Sure, not joking. Take a look at Mindoro for instance.

So true, nice place, my buddy got married there and has bought land cheap and building a house. Give it a chance, Birdman is right on! :)

Yeah, I think some islands at the Philippines would be the perfect place for you. Sure, not joking. Take a look at Mindoro for instance.

Nice island, a typhoon every week.....

not sure the killing rate of foreigner is better than Dominican Republic....

Thailand is still a very peaceful place folks... :)

It might be dirty because the current at the moment brings that filth and if current movements change the sea will take it out again. That happens since years. During this weeks many hotel owner let their staff clean the beach in front of their resorts.

Lamai is one of the best beaches and overpriced? All price classes are available.

Agree. What a load of nonsense, this is natural with higher tides. I believe it is generally a very clean beach. With the season and such tides you can clean as much as you want and build up huge piles of rubbish and still will be back again. Also on prices you have many choices.

Nirvana

They are dirty because the beaches will not be cleaned up until they are sure the rainy season/high water levels are over. Sometime between 15th and 20th.

Have you ever checked out where the majority of "Resorts (?)" along Lamai Beach have thier Raw Sewage Overflows ? Even on the rare days when the Beach appears reasonably clean I'm sure the E-Coli count of the water level would be unacceptable. Beware!

They are dirty because the beaches will not be cleaned up until they are sure the rainy season/high water levels are over. Sometime between 15th and 20th.

Have you ever checked out where the majority of "Resorts (?)" along Lamai Beach have thier Raw Sewage Overflows ? Even on the rare days when the Beach appears reasonably clean I'm sure the E-Coli count of the water level would be unacceptable. Beware!

Only saw a couple on the rocky end of the beach.

the one in the image this year seems not used.....

Do they just use very long pipes going far away from the beach like in many other parts of the worlds?

With all resorts still mostly empty i doubt now there is pollution.......

post-87559-1260860172_thumb.jpg