Oats

At Villa Supermarket on Sukhumvit Soi 11 there are up to 14 different varieties of rolled oats on the shelves. Even though I’ve eaten a bowl of oats pretty much every morning for 40 years, never have I seen such an abundance of oatmeal choices. And let’s face it each brand contains almost identical contents…plain, unadulterated, rolled oats.

My question is, “what the hel_l is going on?” Why do they stock 14 varieties of near identical products? There has to be reason, no?

it's them falangs, gawd dernit...they corrupt this beautiful, peaceful, gentle and spiritual country with their gross consumerism...they ain't even got 14 varieties of oatmeal in Glasgow an' those folks even put oatmeal on their acne...

western consumerists in Thailand should be rounded up and set adrift onna boat without a motor and forced to cook their gawd danged oatmeal with seawater... :)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Eating Oats is supposed to have good effect in combating high Cholesterol levels and so has become a popular cereal again and it is cheap to buy in bulk so if u want to make a good mark up u just put it in fancy packaging and charge more than the one in plain packaging. Maybe add some apple and cinimon flavours and triple the price .

it's them falangs, gawd dernit. I don't know Tutsi. I can buy McGarrett and Quaker in shops where I am practically the only farang customer so the Thais must be buying it as well. Same with olive oil... sold in shops where there are virtually no farangs. BTW The McG is about half the price but I like the consistency of the Instant Quaker better -- I do not have a kitchen, but if I did, I would prefer the 5-minute variety.

Eating Oats is supposed to have good effect in combating high Cholesterol levels

Just out of curiosity languageexpress what are your cholesterol levels like after 40 years of eating oats?

I have an annual check up ...I haven’t got the numbers to hand, but, my doctor reckons they're good. I eat ice-cream pretty much daily. I figure the oats and ice-cream balance each other out. :)

Edited by languageexpress