Classic Games - Updated

eek

Dunno if this has been asked before..did a search, but nothing. (Or, even if anyone is even interested.. :D ..but anyway...)

.. The term "classic games" can be used loosely. Doesnt really need to be as archaic as say Pong or Asteroids or Battleships. :)

Lets just say anything from maybe roughly Atari even up to as far as ps1..?

How would you like to see it revamped? What can you envisage?

-------

I remember being pretty addicted to a spectrum game called "AticAtac".

AticAtac.gifkgfgfu.png

Would like to see something like that revamped. Ive played a ton of "spooky" games on ps2 and xbox. Like Silent Hill, resident evil, etc. At times would have to pause the game just to get myself back into reality as they often scared me senseless..! Silent Hill especially had me leaping out of my seat at times. Would be good to have fun with a "spooky" game but without the major fear factor. I think a revamped AticAtac would give that.

Tomb Raider! Not an old classic..but still a classic.

6108-tombraider1jpg.jpeg

..WTH happened to Tomb Raider once it hit ps2?? Total crap! Dontcha think? There was a development team changeover if i recall. I would love to see her brought back to her former glory days, with the same elements, but in a high graphic setting.

A lot of them were pretty similar because developers where so limited with what they could do at the time. The vast majority of "classic" games where shoot-em ups or platformers which aren't my cup of tea. Having said that though, I lost one hel_l of a lot of time playing chuckie egg.

I remember oddworld standing out though, not quite an old classic but certainly something that I would like to see re-made.

I'd like to see all the old Ultima games remade with modern graphics. Specifically 4-7. Those were some good rpgs. Would also love to see Wing Commander remade. I've also been waiting 22 years for a sequel to Kid Icarus :)

Quite a few SNES games have been remade for the Nintendo DS, I've had fun replaying Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy among others.

I am a very big fan of abandonware gaming. To be completely honest, a lot of revamps have a very hard time capturing the feel of the classic, but that's mostly the rose tinted glasses in action :)

A lot of the old Sierra adventure games have been redone in VGA to look a tiny bit better, that's all.

The classic Tomb Raider on PS was phenomenal, but I think the concept and characters weren't interesting enough to keep the story and gameplay innovative over the course of multiple sequels. A good example of the opposite is Resident Evil. They managed to refresh themselves by switching up the game engine and gameplay, and the plot is just flexible enough to keep sequels interesting and fun. RE4 was the best in the series, followed by RE remake on Gamecube.

As a personal preference I like to keep the classics classic and would like it more if developers found new ways to make games more interesting, creative and innovative rather than trying to re-hash their same old stuff, but hey, it's a lot easier to make money with the latter.

classic games now u are talking!

have you not heard of

x-com ufo?

It is perhaps one of the best games ever made, nuff said.

Its for the PC and can be found for free, and even has an open source quake 2 engine remake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(be aware of imitations)

• 1 month later...