Siamese Kitten

scorpio1945

post-90712-1260689278_thumb.jpg Hi,

We have a Siamese cat (not for sale), she became ours by default as late one night she just appeared on our doorstep so we took her in for the night. She was just a tiny kitten and completely lost.

The next day we went all over the the surrounding Soi's asking if anybody had lost her, but to no avail, so we have taken care of her ever since (around 4 years now).

Not sure where you can actually buy them but they sure are lovely cats.

post-90712-1260689484_thumb.jpg

They are sometimes for sale in the Pet Market in Chiang Rai. It's on the way to Airport Plaza from the moat.

Quite expensive from what I can remember. A lot of cats here have Siamese ancestry, ours has I'm sure, see photo of Sir Thomas Grey, commonly known as Tommy!

post-42984-1260690870_thumb.jpg

@scorpio - just to be a bit more accurate, people don't obtain, adopt or buy cats. Cats occasionally allow themselves to be catered to by deserving humans .. assuming that said worthy humans are capable of clever tricks. Permanent adoption of humans is a bit iffy. :)

@scorpio - just to be a bit more accurate, people don't obtain, adopt or buy cats. Cats occasionally allow themselves to be catered to by deserving humans .. assuming that said worthy humans are capable of clever tricks. P

Beautiful Klikster ! My Tuna walked into my house six years ago and never left. Later I found out: It was Tony's cat but was chased away by a dog.

She is lovely. And you are right, she made the choice to stay around.

Limbo :)

PS: She wants to be anonymous.

. . . . . . . . . post-6305-1261052185_thumb.jpg

@scorpio - just to be a bit more accurate, people don't obtain, adopt or buy cats. Cats occasionally allow themselves to be catered to by deserving humans .. assuming that said worthy humans are capable of clever tricks. P

Beautiful Klikster ! My Tuna walked into my house six years ago and never left. Later I found out: It was Tony's cat but was chased away by a dog.

She is lovely. And you are right, she made the choice to stay around.

PS: She wants to be anonymous.

K. Limbo, I can't tell from the photo, is she a calico? A beautiful and sweet mannered pale butterscotch calico became a frequent visitor to my house in Ban Krut. I would never let her in the house, but she seemed to be okay with that. :D

I really do miss her.

We have a Siamese cat (not for sale), she became ours by default as late one night she just appeared on our doorstep so we took her in for the night. She was just a tiny kitten and completely lost.

The next day we went all over the the surrounding Soi's asking if anybody had lost her, but to no avail, so we have taken care of her ever since (around 4 years now).

:)

Looks a lot like the male we have called Arnold (from Arnold Swatzenegger (sp?)). My Thai wife found him wedged in a stone wall, just a young kitten, he was completely white as a kitten. He was covered with fleas and the ants were attacking him. She and her son pulled him out of the wall. They didn't think he would survive. They took him to a vet 3 or 4 times, but each time he survived and came back. So the son named him Arnold...because he alwys came back. (I'll be baaack).

He's about 2 years old now, and as all cats he gratiously lets us live as guests in his house...as long as we feed him and treat him properly. As he grew older his grey-black and brown markings came out. I'm not sure if he is a purebred Siamese or a mixture. He does have the markings and the blue-grey eyes of a Thai Siamese cat.

He's been nuetered...so no little Arnolds will be brought into the world. He is definately the master of the house....he loves to sit on top of a cabinet we have in the front yard for tools and other such stuff. He knows when the grand daughter is due home from school, and perches on his cabinet to watch for her every afternoon. He's learned how to open the sliding door into the master bedroom...so he comes in every morning to wake my Thai wife and the grand daughter for school. He loves to sit on the windowsill on the 2nd floor and watch the birds below in the small garden we have. Every night, when it's time for bed, he goes around the house checking to make sure all the doors and windows are properly shut and locked. Then he perches by the main door...like he was guarding it.

:D

They are sometimes for sale in the Pet Market in Chiang Rai. It's on the way to Airport Plaza from the moat.

Quite expensive from what I can remember. A lot of cats here have Siamese ancestry, ours has I'm sure, see photo of Sir Thomas Grey, commonly known as Tommy!

Pet market, airport plaza, moat-could we be talking about another city??? :)

If you go to local temples you will often find kittens and cats that have siamese markings. We had a stray kitty that looked like a white siamese, blue eyes and all. So, perhaps you should look around and see if there are any that suit. Its always better to give a kitty a home that really needs one than buy one from one of those cat factory breeders that abound.

Pet market, airport plaza, moat-could we be talking about another city??? :)

SORRY folks! Yes, wrong city, of course I meant Chiang Mai

My former cats in the US

post-72121-1261285045_thumb.jpg

@scorpio - just to be a bit more accurate, people don't obtain, adopt or buy cats. Cats occasionally allow themselves to be catered to by deserving humans .. assuming that said worthy humans are capable of clever tricks. Permanent adoption of humans is a bit iffy. :)

It goes without saying if you are a cat person. I have had Siamese cats since 1971.

Thanks for the pic. Unusual coloring/points.

• 2 weeks later...
K. Limbo, I can't tell from the photo, is she a calico?

Yes, but I never told her 555!

She is a good cat, she talks sometimes a little bit too much, but that is something I do myself as well.

During the daytime I let her in, but the night is hers.

And this outside ....

I avoid to treat her as a human, as she actually is a cat.

But it is not allways easy to do so.

Then I tell myself how many smaller animals she already killed around the house ...

That helps!