Bbqing At The Beach Bang Saray

Ronaweigh

I went to the beach at Bang Saray beach north side where you hire mats and a table with my misses a friend his GF and a friend of the girls when we arrived there we fired up the barbie and started to cook some prawns crabs squid etc. Just after the girls started cooking a thai man pulled up on his motorbike and said we wern't allowed to BBQ at the beach, so the girls went to the other side of the road and cooked the prawns and crabs when these were cooked they came back and we started to eat and the girls cooked the squid next to us we then had two venders come up to us and say we wern't allowed to cook a BBQ and we would be fined by the police.

I said Bullsht as it screamed scam to me but the girls were worried and said it might be a new rule from the council does any one know what the rules are about BBQing at the beach in Bang Saray.

We did buy beer and some thai food for the girls as well as hire mat and table from the vendors so I could not understand what the vendors were going on about.

Very hard to believe you can be fined for BBQing at the beach but this is Amazing Thailand

This is another local deal to force people to spend all their money with the local vendors where everyone gets a cut

It defeats the purpose of going to the beach with friends but this is Thailand.

They act like they own the beach when 90% of them probably dont even have a license to be selling there

Sad but this is the way Thailand is going

If you go down to the part of the beach that does not have vendors You can Bbq. There is no law I know of but the vendors feel like you are encroaching on their area. The far right side without patrons & you have no problems. I live in Bang Sare & have bbq'd there using a webber. There are no cops to speak of & they can care less. It is the vendors that you are having the problem with. Instead of a confrontation that could lead to a fight or getting your car truck or bike vandalized just mosey down to the lonely side ...or try offering a corkage fee if you really got to be in the space that they pay to rent.

We did not Barbecue, but we took our own Picnic, hired the Mats and bought Coke/Soda/ice, off them to go with our own Whiskey.

The Girl gave us a filthy look when she saw our Picnic and Whiskey.

Never been back since as the last time it looked a bit dirty to be honest, not like it use to be.

Trick with Ban Sare beach is to go just after its been cleaned by the local green shirted cleaners and before a bunch of Thai's / Tourist's have left their crap all over the place after a day out................I drive down the beach road most days and its a sad site the amount of crap people leave around that they can't be a$red to put in the bins near by