Emirates Flights

syd barrett

I don't thank I KNOW the OP is paranoid. :)

Couldn't you just say "he is different?"

It is funny how quickly people gather to mock and ridicule, but it was I who was left stranded in Thailand when Swiss Air collapsed (people said that would never happen).

My question is not obtuse, it is just a valid question.

I've given up on Emirates after I found out that they put an extra seat in each row. Others have 9 (3-3-3) where's as Emirates do 10 (3-4-3) No wonder it is such an uncomfortable seat, cheeky buggers. When you recline, their seat base moves up and out, terrible. I've had real problems with comfort with them. I fly Qatar which was better comfort but Doha sucks having to bus to and from the plane, I guess you have to weigh it up but it's a bit rude packing another 45 people into economy!

Edited by Bung

acyually emirates 380's are 3-4-3 ,i was on one 4 days ago.this is normal for most airlines on widebodied jets in economy not just emirates. i have never been on a plane that seats 3-3-3 that would be stupid!

Edited by steve w

Here's a quote from skytrax airline quality site:

I recently flew from Dubai to Houston on the new 777-22 LR. I was in disbelief that Emirates have the nerve to use 2-4-2 seating in Y class! Really for a 16 hour flight the standard 3-3-3 should be a must. IFE system excellent and service great - the seat itself is comfortable, but narrow and for those on the aisle the extra seat in the row means people are constantly getting elbowed. I can't believe such a quality airline as EK could have 2-4-2 seating in on a 777! Cheap and nasty charter airlines do this 3-3-3 seating on A330 for a longhaul flight!

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/Yseat-EK-3.htm

Emirates put an extra seat in each row taking away your precious space!

Actually if you read the reviews there it makes for interesting reading.

Just a sample:

've flown Emirates for many years now, and I'm just about to switch allegiances. My work demands I travel extensively on long haul every year (last year 13 return flights from NZ to the Middle East, Asia and the US), and the recent decision by Emirates to remove the seat rests has now made the seats the most uncomfortable of any airline I travel with. I can't over-emphasize how uncomfortable these seats are (I'm 5'10").

The problem starts with the 3-4-3 seat configuration in all B777's by adding an extra seat to the normal 3-3-3 configuration. That reduces a lot of seat comfort and legroom. If the flight is 7 or 8 hours then you have a big problem. By the end of the flight you feel so tired and your feet pain for at least two days.

Terribly uncomfortable seat. The airline has taken out the footrests for which the seat was designed. The result is that your feet hang in mid air in any position except bolt upright. Trying to doze is rewarded by pain in the backs of your thighs from the pressure from the seat. Avoid at all costs

Absolutely horrific seats in economy on very long sectors on B77L up to 17hours. Really think they should consider 3-3-3 like all other world class airlines on the very long flights to the Americas. Even on shorter sectors the 777s are very uncomfortable and cramped. When on a busy sector like to Bangkok flights are packed full and offer very poor comfort. The air fares do not reflect the charter quality seating. 4 points for entertainment only, provided the person in front does not recline their seat.

I think you get the idea....they give good service etc but at the expense of passenger comfort. Your choice.

Here's a quote from skytrax airline quality site:

I recently flew from Dubai to Houston on the new 777-22 LR. I was in disbelief that Emirates have the nerve to use 2-4-2 seating in Y class! Really for a 16 hour flight the standard 3-3-3 should be a must. IFE system excellent and service great - the seat itself is comfortable, but narrow and for those on the aisle the extra seat in the row means people are constantly getting elbowed. I can't believe such a quality airline as EK could have 2-4-2 seating in on a 777! Cheap and nasty charter airlines do this 3-3-3 seating on A330 for a longhaul flight!

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/Yseat-EK-3.htm

Emirates put an extra seat in each row taking away your precious space!

Now I am confused

The quote from Skytrax talks about Emirates having 8 seats per row, but the complainant demands 9 seats per row. :)

Am I missing something?

Well back to the topic

I do not think you should worry about Emirates going broke any time soon.

To lift up your spirit you should know that all debts are being absorbed by the government of Abu Dabi

Edited by alyx

It is funny how quickly people gather to mock and ridicule, but it was I who was left stranded in Thailand when Swiss Air collapsed (people said that would never happen).

That could happen if people fly arabs....

acyually emirates 380's are 3-4-3 ,i was on one 4 days ago.this is normal for most airlines on widebodied jets in economy not just emirates. i have never been on a plane that seats 3-3-3 that would be stupid!

Etihad's B777s are 3-3-3 and superb ! :)

valid concern, particularly with the tangled intrigues.

However, Abu Dhabi just tossed Dubai a loan of $10 billion. Should keep the sheikhs in clover until April.

cheers.

I've given up on Emirates after I found out that they put an extra seat in each row. Others have 9 (3-3-3) where's as Emirates do 10 (3-4-3) No wonder it is such an uncomfortable seat, cheeky buggers. When you recline, their seat base moves up and out, terrible. I've had real problems with comfort with them. I fly Qatar which was better comfort but Doha sucks having to bus to and from the plane, I guess you have to weigh it up but it's a bit rude packing another 45 people into economy!

I flew a 777 belonging to Cathay pacific from paris and it was 3-4-3. And yes, very cramped. Try and avoid the middle row I'd say.

Dont booked a fleight with them even as:

- American Airline (financian crisis in the States)

- Nort West Airline (finacian crisis in the states)

- BA (finacian crisis in the UK)

- KLM (financian crisis in Holland)

- Lufthansa (financian crisis in Germany)

- Air France (Financial crisis in france)

Please book a fleight with Zambia airline, Zambia is on the way to recover from political instabilithy,

Enjoy your fleight,

ps: Dont forget to bring your own meal.

Sure but unfortunately Zambia Airlines do not fly extensively to every part of the world

Finnair seems to be quite sound considering the amount of publicity on CNN

Edited by alyx

I would not worry about Emirates going under anytime soon. To my knowledge they are independent of and not under the Dubai World Umbrella. DW is where the mega financial issues are. DW's piss poor management has setup up Dubai to become Abu Dhabi's puppet, which has been a very well thought out strategy by Abu Dhabi's ruling family.

Emirates (DBX), and Etihad (AUH) for that matter, are primarily owned by the respective governements (Rulers/Sovereign wealth funds) but are not legally allowed to source their daily operational funding from any of the government coffers outside the original startup funding to create their respective companies. Both airlines have agressively secured outside funding in order to comply with international and destination national rules so that they could acquire the routes that they have and compete in the global market. They are probably two of the most stable airlines in the world right now.