How Many Old Hippies Are There On The Cm Forum

anonymouse

What about sme of the food from the hippie era

No hambergers they have meat,

Lentil patties,

salads with strange flowers in them

somewhat delicious biscuits (cookies) which always made you feel good.

Anywhere selling hippie food?

Edited by harrry

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Harry,

Brown-rice, man, the veggies, and the brownies with the special herb. And Bud's ice cream, served up by Al Edlin himself [bud's], at the original shop at the corner of 24th. and Castro : worth waiting in a line for twenty minutes or more to get your two scoops. Chinese take-out with extra msg.

My human mainly was eating his ancestors' karma which was pretty tasteless.

Most of the flower children were fine young cannibals. They used their own bones to make soup. Their tears, which we can still remember the taste of, were salty.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Brown-rice, man, the veggies, and the brownies with the special herb. And Bud's ice cream, served up by Al Edlin himself [bud's], at the original shop at the corner of 24th. and Castro : worth waiting in a line for twenty minutes or more to get your two scoops. Chinese take-out with extra msg.

Most of the flower children were fine young cannibals. They used their own bones to make soup. Their tears, which we can still remember the taste of, were salty.

Is everyone responding in this thread from San Francisco?

signed lannarebirth, born at UCSF Medical Center, Parnassus St. Formative years spent in the Excelsior.

Edited by lannarebirth

I used to love Dan Hicks and His Hot Lips!

Yea, I am with you there, the greatest hippy band that ever existed. I have been trying to find a ring tone featuring Sid Page's solo on "Scare Myself" for years.

I agree with both you guys, Dan Hicks was (and still is) great. Certainly a unique sound, there's nobody else like him. It's kinda hard for me to classify him as a hippie...

Just how would you classify this cast of characters if not as hippies?

danhicks.jpg

OK, I get your point. By today's standards I guess most people would call them hippies. But look at Dan Hicks in that photo. Didn't most guys around his age look something like that in 1971? I did, except I don't think I ever wore a scarf as a tie. Take a look at any college yearbook from 1971. Was everyone with hair his length a hippie? I'm not arguing it's just a rhetorical question.

I knew a lot of guys at that time that had long hair and smoked dope but still held rather traditional ideas of society and how it should work. I guess it comes down to how one defines hippie. The term always held some aspect of being into the psychedelic to me. The Greatful Dead looked like hippies. The photo on the cover of Hick's "Where's the money?" album could be of any group of college students from 1971. It's not really important, just my two cents.

Is everyone responding in this thread from San Francisco?

signed lannarebirth, born at UCSF Medical Center, Parnassus St. Formative years spent in the Excelsior.

Well, i wasn't born there... my 6 yr old was.... at Kaiser on Geary St. I lived the last 16 yrs on top of the Stockton Tunnel, downtown, until we moved to CM this past august...

I grew up in Vallejo, went to HS in Richmond, blew all that off and starting living in the Haight when i was 16 (1962) and attending afternoon classes at UCB and watched Mario Savio denounce the pigs, the system and fight for free speech..... got tear gassed with the best of them and washed my eyes with LSD, went to sit-ins and got thrown in jail.... Took part in the Haight St riots and attended the death of the hippy funeral... ended up back in the Haight in 1991, but then moved downtown after becoming disenchanted with drunks, urine and violence

ah, THOSE were the daze

I grew up in racist Southern suburbia, but moved to San Francisco when I was in my 20s. My sister followed me out and I remember walking around with her laughing at all the lady boys and strange stuff on Polk Street.

She ended up hanging around with the radical Lesbian Feminists for a while, but was disappointed as she could not get off on it herself. She ended up getting married to a man, having kids and pursuing the great American dream.

I couldn't believe how great the food was compared to the suburbs - all the Mexican and Chinese and Japanese and every kind of ethnic food.

I had done a lot of drugs in my younger days but still dabbled a little every now and then. Cocaine was hard to resist as I had not done a lot before and MDA which kind of turned into the much weaker MMDA or Ecstasy was always interesting. We used to love to get high and work out at the gym and relax in a Jacuzzi under the stars.

San Francisco was great fun back then.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I grew up in racist Southern suburbia, but moved to San Francisco when I was in my 20s. My sister followed me out and I remember walking around with her laughing at all the lady boys and strange stuff on Polk Street.

She ended up hanging around with the radical Lesbian Feminists for a while, but was disappointed as she could not get off on it herself. She ended up getting married to a man, having kids and pursuing the great American dream.

I couldn't believe how great the food was compared to the suburbs - all the Mexican and Chinese and Japanese and every kind of ethnic food.

I had done a lot of drugs in my younger days but still dabbled a little every now and then. Cocaine was hard to resist as I had not done a lot before and MDA which kind of turned into the much weaker MMDA or Ecstasy was always interesting. We used to love to get high and work out at the gym and relax in a Jacuzzi under the stars.

ah yes... and nothing beat a "trip" down to Esalen, the redwoods, and hot springs... heck, today you can still get great spa stuff up in Calistoga and the likes.

BTW... my middle name is Hiram, no less... the REAL first name of Ulysses Grant...don't think that i have not learned to appreciate good names, having been blessed with Hiram.

My oldest is Jaya = my hindu phase = means he who wins

Nayir is next = my 8 yrs in Brasil = means on the go

Lani = my 3 yrs in Hawaii = heavenly peace

and my current Kaemapsoarn = obviously thai, meaning Heavenly angel

NOW... just what does HIRAM mean?

Uuu Geee then and now..... :)

post-46099-1261137915_thumb.jpg

post-46099-1261137978_thumb.jpg