Help! Does Anyone Know If There Is The University With Biology Bsc. With International Format In Bangkok?

mimimini

According to my boyfriend from Switzerland want to come here and continue his study in the 3rd year in Biology faculty but so far we're only got information @Mahidol university so if anyone know about it or have more detail...please let me know ;-)

thanks a lot,

Mimi

I just started at Mahidol University taking Social science, and have met some people taking Biology.

Most of the population is Asian, but many people from Japan, Korea, China, Myanmar, etc, etc. There are Many European people there as well. I am Canadian.

Everything is English and apparently it is a certified university for transferring credits, and the university in my province in Canada actually has an exchange program with them.

I knew a guy from Switzerland that is just going back now. Maybe it's your boyfriend! Is his name Alloy?

What do you want to know.

Mahidol University International College (MUIC) is the only English language biology program AFAIK and I searched extensively. Most of the English language programns are focused on business.

It is a very high standard of education. My niece is in her 2nd year there.

It's outside of Bangkok proper but not too far.

Can I hijack this thread to ask a couple of questions about studying in Thailand?

1) What are the costs for standard degree level programs?

2) Are they respected in the west?

3) Would they realistically allow you to open up the network required to find reasonably well paid jobs IN Thailand/Asia at large.

4) Are only the schools in BKK respected or are there other respectable schools outside of Bangkok?

It would help to know what field of study is planned

Naturally, of course, only I hadn't thought that far ahead. I was originally planning on studying something along the lines of construction management or quantity surveying back in the UK in two or three years. But If I could do a course here my choice of course would depend more on the credibility of the qualification. As in, if there were no credible construction management course here then I would be happy to do something more 'umbrella' like, such as Geography or even Business, as long as it was a recognised degree back in the UK which I could then use to move onto post grad in a more specific area.

Can I hijack this thread to ask a couple of questions about studying in Thailand?

1) What are the costs for standard degree level programs?

2) Are they respected in the west?

3) Would they realistically allow you to open up the network required to find reasonably well paid jobs IN Thailand/Asia at large.

4) Are only the schools in BKK respected or are there other respectable schools outside of Bangkok?

1) I paid around 70k (ish) per quarter (these rate may have gone up a bit, not sure)

2) I know many who have went on to study at decent schools in the west for their Masters, not as sure about those entering the work force. I guess it would depend on how well you could sell yourself and how the experience abroad has made you better for the job in question. Just as an fyi .. both Chula and Mahidol have respectable World rankings.

3) I can only speak for my self, but I did an internship for a Thai company while studying and it led into a good job here in Thailand after graduation... I don't have any first hand experience to question two because o my answer to this question

4) Not really sure on this one...

Thanks McMurray ^^^

A bit of research online suggests there are plenty of internationally recognised degree courses available here in Thailand. This is definitely worth some consideration on my part.

Cost is an issue, but being 24 years old means I've already reached mature student status in the UK and would have to pay full fees there anyway, not to mention living costs which would be considerably higher, though employment in the UK is an option that is not available here. I wonder how it all balances out. I will have to do some research.

I found this link:

http://studyinthailand.org/study_abroad_th...ergraduate.html

Which shows the costs at each university for each style of course. If accurate, that is an incredibly useful resource. At 70k per quater, according to this, you must have been studying at the higher end of the scale?

Edit: Oh I see now above you studied at Mahidol

Edited by Ruperts

both Chula and Mahidol have respectable World rankings.

Be careful with that one..........I think it depends on the source. In some ranking they are not in the top 500.

There are much better places to study in Singapore, Taiwan, and Malaysia.

Which makes me wonder why the OP wants to study in Thailand.