Gilbeys Gin No Longer Available

astral

The litre bottles of Gilbeys Gin, cost 300 baht were one of the best deals in the kingdom.

Now Lotus in Pattaya tell me that it is finished,

and it has disappeared off the shelves in Pattaya and Chonburi.

Can anyone suggest and alternative that is drinkable?

I have tried the Larios, but tap water has more taste!!

It is missing from the shelves in Chiang Mai at Carrefour, Big C, and Lotus. Is it "finished" for good, or is it one of the supply snafus that happen from time to time?? :o

Someone told me that it was sent by the shipload from the UK to the Philippines, where it was bottled. This way they got a more favorable tax rate.

I can't recommend any of the cheaper gins. I am drinking Seagrams which tastes fine, but is nowhere near the deal of Gilbeys.

Edited by maesai

gin?...switch to vodka, it's cheap and all tastes the same...

<deleted> are you talking about? The only similarity between vodka and gin is that they are both colorless!

FYI, Rimping is now selling Gilbeys! My SO said he paid 279 for a bottle this evening. That is the cheapest I have ever seen it.

gin?...switch to vodka, it's cheap and all tastes the same...

<deleted> are you talking about? The only similarity between vodka and gin is that they are both colorless!

Absolutely.

IMHO the closest a farang can get to Nirvana in LOS, is sitting on a terrace overlooking the sea, at sundown, slowly drinking a glass of gin and tonic with ice and lemon.

Both the soul and the body become refreshed.

Vodka only makes the face feel funny and tastes awful.

It is missing from the shelves in Chiang Mai at Carrefour, Big C, and Lotus.  Is it "finished" for good, or is it one of the supply snafus that happen from time to time??  :o

Someone told me that it was sent by the shipload from the UK to the Philippines, where it was bottled.  This way they got a more favorable tax rate.

It might just be a supply SNAFU, but it has been out of stock for 2 weeks at least.