Motorcycle Accident What Next?

thailife69

On Sunday night I was involved in a car and motorcycle accident. I was turning right into tesco express on my honda click in Ekkamai. The next thing I know, I am lying in hospital emergency and not remembering any of the accident. I am now out of hospital and need advice on what to do next;

1: Car hit me from behind

2: Police have my bike at Thonglo Police Station

3: How do I get my medical costs back?

4: How do I get bike repaired or replaced. Accident not my fault

5: can I sue for extra damages and cost. Rent of replacement bike, Time lost from work, etc etc etc

6: I only have the standard insurance gained when paying road tax and compulsory insurance.

7: any advice appreciated.

opposite happened to my step daughter so i hope the following helps

police should have a record of who is at fault.

their insurance should indicate how much cover they have for your hospital bill.

police would normally look for agreement on sum guilty party has to pay victim before they release property etc

hope your guily party didnt do a runner!

plice usually a great help

Assuming the other party didn't do a runner:

As soon as you are fit, go and see the police at the station where the accident was filed. They will assist in all negotiations between concerned parties.

They may ask for a contribution towards expenses, however, from my experience with three accidents I have observed and had to deal with first hand (One involving my wife getting cleaned up by a Taxi whilst crossing the road - Sukhumvit, one where a staff member hit and killed a homeless man - Korat, one where another staff member had a head on collision with the son of a local Poo Yai something or other driving a late model car in a construction zone on a highway - Prachinburi) - I have never been asked for one Baht, and have always been dealt with in a professional manner.

If they did do a runner:

Your insurance will cover some or all of your medical repairs, depending on the total amount, and/or individual item prices from the hospital

You will not be compensated for loss of property.

The compulsory motorcycle insurance cover medical bills up to 15,000baht. It does not cover any damage to the motorbike or other objects.

If it was not your fault ,with the police report you need to contact the other party insurance. They will take your motorbike to one of their shop and repair it within few days. If your medical bills were over 15,000baht, the car insurance should pay for the sum above it. ALso you need to negotiate with the other party and their insurance company about other expebses such as lost work, rent another motorbike until repairs finished etc.

When I had my accident with a car and the car was at fault, we went to the police station to get a report.The car driver paid 500baht processing fee for police report. Then went to the hospital for xrays.

I had to stay home for a week. My company paid my wages as it was a sick leave. The car insurance company picked up my bike and fixed it in 2 days and called me to pick it up. I took the police report and hospital bills to my insurance company. They deposited all hospitals bills to my bank account in 3 days.

I did not sue for any extra amount as I did not have anything broken and only had swollen knee and feet.

If you sue or negotiate for more payment, it will take longer to get paid.