How Much Per Talang Wah In Chiang Mai

sagaris

I think Chiang mai land is a mite expensivo.

I think so too, especially in the town area all the way up to the outer ring and a bit beyond. Once you get about half an hour out of town prices drop fast though.

And there's a little difference between directions; Mae On and Doi Saket seam a bit cheaper than Mae Rim / Hang Dong or straight South towards Lamphun.

What are your requirements for size / distance / price ? Asking "How much per Tarang Wa" is a bit like asking "How much for land in New York" but without specifying if you mean Manhattan or up-state New York.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

check out my classified and seeif you think it is a good price

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estat...sale-23503.html

643K per Rai for 7 rai 20km out of townin the Mae On / Lamphun area? No. Nice area, but should be a lot cheaper. anything over 400K would be very expensive, anything under 300K would be a good deal if there was less than 7 rai of it, but as it's 7 rai I think you're looking at about 200K. If you get close to half of what you're asking then you will have done very well.

It nicely underlines the original poster's premise though.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You can find land prices in Chiang mai at the following website (in Thai): http://www.treasury.go.th/statistics/provice_70/rtcgm.htm

I still think the prices are not too bad. At least a lot cheaper than Bangkok and its surroundings or other areas with a lot of tourists.

These are very interesting but are three years old. Nimmenhmen is trailing a long way behind Thapae Gate area and I bet the gap has narrowed a lot in the meantime.