Land Purchase Through Lease

Has anyone heard of this before?

My misses has a friend up in Phetchabun that has two Rai of land she wants to sell but tells me the ownership paper for the land which she inherited as a result of her fathers death has a 10 year ‘no sale’ written into it.

My misses states you could lease the land using a lawyer to draw up an agreement with a view to lease/purchase when the ten years are up.

I’m not so convinced.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

...land which she inherited as a result of her fathers death has a 10 year ‘no sale’ written into it.

Can anyone sell land that has such an encumbrance over it?

Lease it for 10 years. Negotiate on the sales after the 10-year restriction expires.

The lease price should be calculated on the basis that there may not be any sales later.

I believe land that was upgraded to full chanote status, may well have such restrictions on it, to prevent property speculation.

Why anyone would even consider leasing 2 rai is beyond me, cant see it being finacially worth it.

2 rai is a fair old chunk to put a nice house on, thats about it, couldnt see anyone making any money from it.

The only way I would even consider purchasing it, would be if the mrs owned adjoining property.