Non 0 Extension Question

Hi all,

I came to Thailand with a non o multiple entry visa which expired late in October. I did a visa run the day before it expired, giving me the next 90 day stamp, which is due to expire on 21st January.

My question is: can I go to immigration for a 30 day extension before this new date comes?

I understand there is a fee, but am unsure if I can get the extension as technically my visa is expired.

Thanks.

You can only get a 7 day extension, or a 1 year extension if you meet the criteria. On what base do you have a non-O visa? Marriage, friends, retirement? If you tell us we can help you.

If you have a Thai wife or child, you can get a 60 day extension.

I applied and received my visa from Hull, based on visiting friends, although really I came to be with my Thai gf.

We are not married and we do not have children.

I am hoping to stay until late in February, and extending by 30 days (if possible) would be the cheapest and simplest solution.

You would only receive a 7 day extension and might need to show a ticket out of the country within those 7 days.

You can either go abroad and get a tourist visa, or fly out and back into the country and receive another 30 days when you re-enter Thailand. (15 days if you re-enter Thailand without a visa over land).

I applied and received my visa from Hull, based on visiting friends, although really I came to be with my Thai gf.

We are not married and we do not have children.

I am hoping to stay until late in February, and extending by 30 days (if possible) would be the cheapest and simplest solution.

Not possible.

Only solution is to do a border run (15 days on re-entry) and a second one if needed.

Or do the border run by air, which will get you 30 days when re-entering.

Or depending on where you are it might be convenient to go to Vientiane in Laos, where you can get a tourist visa (currently free of charge), giving you 60 days when re-entering.

Double entry tourist visa from Vientiene would give you nearly 6 months stay (if needed) with extensions and a border run in the middle. They are currently free.

Goodday all, a newbie here

just did the Vietien turn around & they gave me 30 days & were wavering the exit & entry fees maybe due to the SEA games

Who gave you 30 days? Laos or Thailand?

my appologies all i`v been reading it wrong 15 days is correct but i still consider in my topic of restamping visa i should of got longer but now me & wife will be going to local immi alot sooner than thought

sorry if i got any hopes up