Mark Hughes Sacked

JacknDanny

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone who calls the owners' decision to sack hughes 'courageous' is a moron.

Why?

IMO this guy puts his points across very well.

The cod philosophy cliche of it takes time to build a team goes out the window when a manager gets 250 million to spend in 1 year, in any other business if you made so many extremely bad investments you'd get sacked.

yes, but football isn't 'any other business' is it? it's a sport where faith and investment in managers reaps long-term benefits, ferguson and wenger being the best recent examples.

mister express's dissection of hughes' time at city is amateurish at best and the way in which the owners got rid of him was utterly cowardly, not 'courageous'.

The game on the pitch isnt any other business, but the structure behind it has to be in this day and age with so much money coming in and going out.

I'd agree 'courageous' isnt the right word, we'll save that word for people outside the world of football, a simple "correct decision" would have been better.

Ferguson and Wenger werent given equivilant finance in such a short space of time, and were both the owners choice of manager, but as with Abramovich at Chelsea, these Oil men at City are far more important then the manager in helping the club gain success.

anyone who calls the owners' decision to sack hughes 'courageous' is a moron.

Why?

IMO this guy puts his points across very well.

The cod philosophy cliche of it takes time to build a team goes out the window when a manager gets 250 million to spend in 1 year, in any other business if you made so many extremely bad investments you'd get sacked.

yes, but football isn't 'any other business' is it? it's a sport where faith and investment in managers reaps long-term benefits, ferguson and wenger being the best recent examples.

mister express's dissection of hughes' time at city is amateurish at best and the way in which the owners got rid of him was utterly cowardly, not 'courageous'.

The game on the pitch isnt any other business, but the structure behind it has to be in this day and age with so much money coming in and going out.

I'd agree 'courageous' isnt the right word, we'll save that word for people outside the world of football, a simple "correct decision" would have been better.

Ferguson and Wenger werent given equivilant finance in such a short space of time, and were both the owners choice of manager, but as with Abramovich at Chelsea, these Oil men at City are far more important then the manager in helping the club gain success.

sorry, don't agree with the last point. Money gets you money grubbing players who don't know, don't care about the team and its history. Yes, you can buy talented individuals but what else? Current experiments in Madrid and City shall prove either way... in time.

hughes was building a squad and city were on course for their pre-agreed, and realistic, targets for the season. the club then moved the goalposts, stabbed him in the back and appointed a manager who is arguably less experienced and less qualified for the job. it's an insane move and i hope it backfires massively on the owners and this clown garry cook (sorry mrbojangles and jackndanny, nowt personal).

hughes was building a squad and city were on course for their pre-agreed, and realistic, targets for the season. the club then moved the goalposts, stabbed him in the back and appointed a manager who is arguably less experienced and less qualified for the job. it's an insane move and i hope it backfires massively on the owners and this clown garry cook (sorry mrbojangles and jackndanny, nowt personal).

Agreed 99%, i still want them to break that Top 4 though, no matter who it affects, i think.. :)

Agreed 99%, i still want them to break that Top 4 though, no matter who it affects, i think.. :)

Id sooner see Villa or Spurs get it then Taliban City.

No need to be sorry stevie, we are all allowed to have our say. And yes, Cook is a clown.

My say is that, I'm not too happy in the way it has been done and the way other things instances have been managed but nevertheless, I feel it did have to be done. The new owners did inherit Hughes afterall and they did give him alot of dosh to spend. I know us supporters like to think we can do better than the Managers but in this case, I think we could.

I don't know if you've seen many City games but some of the team choices were unbelievable and cringeworthy. Then when the initail strategy (term used loosely) wasn't working and waiting for way too long before changing things, he would make a substitution that was even more unbelievable. For instance, SWP came off and he brought Kompany on and put Stevie Ireland on the right wing for goodness sake. Ireland was so inaffective he drifted back in to the middle and the wing was left for the tumble weed to drift up and down. I've seen better tactical moves by the Under 11's at our local school.

Ferguson and Wenger werent given equivilant finance in such a short space of time, and were both the owners choice of manager, but as with Abramovich at Chelsea, these Oil men at City are far more important then the manager in helping the club gain success

sorry, don't agree with the last point. Money gets you money grubbing players who don't know, don't care about the team and its history. Yes, you can buy talented individuals but what else? Current experiments in Madrid and City shall prove either way... in time.

Im speechless to think anyone believes the reason for Chelseas success over the last few years isnt 100% because of the Russian, they were about to go into liquidation before he come along, and City wouldnt have got any of the players theyve bought in the last 18 months if it werent for the Arabs, hence there would be no chitterchatter about them competing at the top.

And lets be honest players care about $$$$$$ as opposed to a clubs history, which is why when Italy was the richest league the best players were there and now the English league is theyre all wanting to go to England.

My say is that, I'm not too happy in the way it has been done and the way other things instances have been managed but nevertheless, I feel it did have to be done. The new owners did inherit Hughes afterall and they did give him alot of dosh to spend. I know us supporters like to think we can do better than the Managers but in this case, I think we could.

Santa Cruz, Bridges and Lescott for about 45-50 million pound should be enough reason to get sacked.

Only thing surprising to me is theyve appointed an inexperienced foreign manager.

No need to be sorry stevie, we are all allowed to have our say. And yes, Cook is a clown.

I don't know if you've seen many City games but some of the team choices were unbelievable and cringeworthy. Then when the initail strategy (term used loosely) wasn't working and waiting for way too long before changing things, he would make a substitution that was even more unbelievable. For instance, SWP came off and he brought Kompany on and put Stevie Ireland on the right wing for goodness sake. Ireland was so inaffective he drifted back in to the middle and the wing was left for the tumble weed to drift up and down. I've seen better tactical moves by the Under 11's at our local school.

i've watched a fair few city games yeah BJ, my old man's a city fan and i still have a soft spot for them. personally i'd have set up this season basing the attack around ireland, SWP and tevez playing off adebayor and fuc_ked robinho off, but it does seem that hughes has been under pressure to play robihno who he didn't really want to sign.

he's made mistakes no doubt - selling dunne was the worst - but you're not in a bad position and he still deserved more time to prove himself. at least until the end of this season.

I'd rather eat sh*t every nigth for the rest of my life, true that is...

think you'll find that there aren't too many taliban in abu dhabi. or was that just a crap racist shot at all arabs?

Nothing racist about it, it was a really really funny joke intent at belittling Man City as a club, obviously the renowned Scouse humour isnt in your family genes. You must be one of the dreadful PC breed who look for racism in everything.

Anyway surely as he was such a wonderful manager its in Liverpool best interests that he's gone, you may get 6th and an automatic Europa League spot this way, lets hope you get your way about giving managers time and those fine Americans give Benitez a few more years.

think you'll find that there aren't too many taliban in abu dhabi. or was that just a crap racist shot at all arabs?

Nothing racist about it, it was a really really funny joke intent at belittling Man City as a club, obviously the renowned Scouse humour isnt in your family genes. You must be one of the dreadful PC breed who look for racism in everything.

Anyway surely as he was such a wonderful manager its in Liverpool best interests that he's gone, you may get 6th and an automatic Europa League spot this way, lets hope you get your way about giving managers time and those fine Americans give Benitez a few more years.

nothing to do with scouse, or being what you misunderstand as 'PC'. saying people from abu dhabi are 'taliban' is a racist generalisation. if you don't think it is then you're monumentally thick. or a racist. or possibly both.

nothing to do with scouse, or being what you misunderstand as 'PC'. saying people from abu dhabi are 'taliban' is a racist generalisation. if you don't think it is then you're monumentally thick. or a racist. or possibly both.

So are you saying the rest of the country can no longer make jokes about Scousers without being branded racist? trust me everyone does! Id have thought you'd be used to it, but you see there is a difference between a joke and being racist/thick.

You also infered that the quote from the City fan that i posted earlier was also braindead or words to that effect, strange how everyone that doesnt tow your line is belittled by name calling manner from your goodself, however it seems personal insults that are not in jest are ok so long as it comes from you, but to make fun of Man City and their ownership is branded vile and racist.

Im sure those billionaire owners at City would be able to take, besides extracting the Michael out of other football clubs has always gone on, but people like you wish to end this harmless fun.

Edited by whichschool

So are you saying the rest of the country can no longer make jokes about Scousers without being branded racist? trust me everyone does! Id have thought you'd be used to it, but you see there is a difference between a joke and being racist/thick.

You also infered that the quote from the City fan that i posted earlier was also braindead or words to that effect, strange how everyone that doesnt tow your line is belittled by name calling manner from your goodself, however it seems personal insults that are not in jest are ok so long as it comes from you, but to make fun of Man City and their ownership is branded vile and racist.

Im sure those billionaire owners at City would be able to take, besides extracting the Michael out of other football clubs has always gone on, but people like you wish to end this harmless fun.

calling arabs 'taliban' is not joking or jesting because it's not funny. making jokes about scousers is not racism. do you understand why they're different things? we can do words of one syllable if you're struggling.

Paranoia sinking in...

Report: Manchester City ban news on Mark Hughes

23 Dec 2009 06:06:36

Manchester City have stopped newspapers from being delivered to the club's training ground, according to The Daily Express.

It is claimed that new boss Roberto Mancini is trying to shield his players from the ongoing saga surrounding the sacking of Mark Hughes, which has thrown the City camp into chaos.

The Italian was allegedly given a cold reception following his opening address to his charges, as some players remain disgruntled concerning the 'Sparky' dismissal.

Speculation has been rife that Craig Bellamy and Shay Given - who reportedly led a six-man delegation to oppose Hughes' sacking - could quit the club in protest.

Thus, the Citizens are said to have attempted a news black-out in an attempt to both ease the tension among the players and reduce the mounting pressure on Mancini.

What's next, gonna ban the blackberry's and sms alerts? :)

calling arabs 'taliban' is not joking or jesting because it's not funny. making jokes about scousers is not racism. do you understand why they're different things? we can do words of one syllable if you're struggling.

Im looking for an English teacher who can open up my vocabulary maybe you can help! :)

Id say that a few people in one nation taking all the profit from a countries natural resources is a far bigger problem then bad jokes about the Taliban! lets finish it now.

turning the Cranberries off
What's next, gonna ban the blackberry's and sms alerts? :)

I'm getting totaly confused now :D Blackberry's ! another pop group perhaps :D

:D

Stick to old Maxie Bygraves Alfredo...

Happy Xmas Mate..

After going back to blighty in Sept,I am now actually a proud owner of a new blackberry that my nephew obtained through illegal means :D and thus it was taken out of his possesion, me being the kind and thoughtful uncle that i am confiscated it to stop any further problems :D .

Merry chrimbo to you and your family singher.

Cook wasprobably correct to find a replacement but the way he conducted the whole process was disgraceful. He should be next to go.

Hughes was seemingly undermined by the likes of Robinho and that ex Arsenal <deleted>. But that said some of his tactical decisions were dreadful. To highlight one, picking that geriatric fullback to face Lennon last week. Was he the only one in the stadium that did'nt know it was a complete mismatch?

In short, a very good manager in the making but not quite ready to be taking Citeh into the champs league.

I doubt though the action of Cook will endear them to anyone.

There was a report on soccernet a a statement by cook saying mancini ws sounded out by liverpool,and on football365 mancini is stated on there that they didnt contact him.

Cook is real tool he represents all that is wrong with football.

Merry xmas to all.

From what I've heard Cook is also a dead man walking. It's on the cards that Peter Kenyon will be taking over at Citeh once his clause in his leaving package from Chelsea is up, probably in the summer.

It's only hearsay from a City season ticket holder who has friends in high places, but there maybe some truth in it.

I understand that another gaff from Cook was at a City supporters do when inducting Uwe Rosler into City's Hall of Fame he congratulated Uwe for being a Man United legend.

The man has no class and City's reputation is being damaged by him.

I'm actually starting to find all this quite humorous now. Even red nose has joined in. He's not the first manager to get sacked this season and will doubtless be the last. Everyone is going on about the way he got sacked, i.e. he got told after the game etc and the board had already got a short list but can anybody tell me the correct way to go about sacking a manager. Should he have been told before the game and should City not have identified a replacement until after he was gone, leaving us without a Manager ?

I'm actually starting to find all this quite humorous now. Even red nose has joined in. He's not the first manager to get sacked this season and will doubtless be the last. Everyone is going on about the way he got sacked, i.e. he got told after the game etc and the board had already got a short list but can anybody tell me the correct way to go about sacking a manager. Should he have been told before the game and should City not have identified a replacement until after he was gone, leaving us without a Manager ?

Probably would have been wiser to have kept it under wraps so that the whole stadium was'nt aware before halftime :)

Probably would have been wiser to have kept it under wraps so that the whole stadium was'nt aware before halftime :)

Unfortunately with a whole host of people having to be involved i.e. Agents and insiders in the club who know a mate etc, this is practically impossible. And it's nothing unusual, as most managers know through the rumour mill when their time is up :D