lol

actualy i also have a maincoon and a ragdoll, both long hairs. They do better here in thailand than they did in Canada for some reason. Yes the main coon is like a small tiger but they sure are great with people and have such a great tempermant. wish you look in what ever type you choose.

The reason why any cat prospers better in Thailand than Canada is because the cat is a tropical animal. The cold weather of Canada or Northern Europe is not at all conducive to cats.

you need to get him a cat if he is to have "good luck"

besides, cats are much more intelligent, cleaner,independent than dogs.

They come in all shapes and sizes. Ive been building a gallery of

cats. My favorite is the hairless rat-cat. :o

http://community.webshots.com/album/187579144phAJJK

http://community.webshots.com/album/187580472jngvst

http://community.webshots.com/album/207140625DbjJcc

Edited by bakachan

Never really been a cat lover. How about getting him a dog? Dogs have got character. I love dogs. Even soi dogs. Beeter than cats IMHO.

Better than cats? LOL!

Today my cat drove the dog next door crazy. How? All she had to do was sit on my patio out of reach.

He's busy banging his head against the fence between the properties trying to get at her. Barking madly like someone is trying to break into their house (when someone does no one will budge as they'll think it was some cat in the area). Repeatedly bashing his nose against the slats rather hard (hard enough to know it had to hurt).

And there she was sitting calmly enjoying the breeze, not a hair ruffled on her body.

From past experience she knows he cannot get through the fence so she's not fussed.

But after all this time he still stupidly believes he can.

Makes you wonder at his brains.

You could argue that cats actually have MORE character than dogs.

Dogs have character, yes, but most dogs are exactly the same character: A dependednt, fawning, over playful, obsequious bundle of energy that shits where it feels like and tries to make you feel guilty if you won't let it eat your food.

Dog lovers moan that cat's are not affectionate which is rubbish.

A dog is not fussy, it will love you no matter who you are, yet dog lovers always feel special when having their face licked by their dog which makes me laugh because they would lick a burglars face providing they were familiar with the person and probably try to shag their leg.

I by no means dislike dogs but I don't go out of my way to make contact with them.

A cat is CLEAN, it is INDEPENDANT, it has LOT'S OF CHARACTER they are also good predators, can be a very good source of amusement and most of all....

YOU MUST EARN A CAT'S AFFECTION.

If somebody gave me a cat with anything as a gift I would be very grateful, whereas if somebody gave me a dog I would see it as a burden.

I second that Mr Scamp, I have two six month old cats and I have never had to worry about cleanliness at all, they never seem to smell and they were already house trained by their mother.

I have one complaint however, when they chase eachother round the house they are now big enough to knock into chairs and send things flying.

I have a big communal garden so they can roam and catch insects outside.

I have one complaint however, when they chase eachother round the house they are now big enough to knock into chairs and send things flying.

I call it the arsenic hour, but it's not really an hour, it's several times during the day.

Then they sleep until midnight and it starts all over again. Anything HIGH is game to fly from.

I have three hours to go before the fun begins. MUCH better than tele ...

desi

Found this on Cat Breeders,

Where to buy pedigree cats

Khun Triwitt breeds Korats, Vichien Mass and Khao Manees. His mobile number is 018149092. He used to breed English cocker spaniels, but switched in recent years to cats. His knowledge of breeding and animal husbandry is extensive.

Khun Aree, has an English speaking friend, Khun Aey. Her mobile phone number is 060496511. An article about him appeared in the Bangkok Post.

Some other breeders:

Malini Samantrakul. Owner, Malini Cattery (Tel as above + work 989

8480) 41/1 Moo 5, Lamsai Road, Kok Faed, Nong Jork, Bangkok

Kasidej Patraporanand. Secretary ,Siam Cat Club, Sumali Patraporanand.

Sod Sai Farm (Cattery) 52/24 Soi 41, Chaeng Wattana Road, Klong Kleua,

Pakkret, Nontaburi

Tel/Fax 980 9337, mobile 01-401-4283

Mr. Chuchai Wiset-jindawat. President, Korat Cat Conservation Club

of Phimai

(Wife Sumali runs the cattery) 586 Moo 14, Naimuang district, Phimai,

Nakhon Ratchasima 30110

Tel 044-471230, mobile 01 999 3542

Arirat Cattery

274/37 Lad Prao Road Soi 122

Wangthonglang, Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310

Tel 934 1297, mobile 01 938 7496

Another alternative would be Chatuchak weekend market in Bangkok

which is near to Mo Chit skytrain station.

Beware Chatuchak weekend market for animals, the majority are ill. The animal clinic on the island says that they get sick puppies bought from there all the time, worms distemper, mange , you name it they have seen it from weekend market animals. Better to buy from a reputable breeder.

And spaying or neutering your cat is an excellent idea, most people think they can breed cats (or dogs) but find that it isn't as easy as they thought. Spaying and neutering not only keeps your cat from straying but keeps your cat from spraying!

• 2 years later...
Found this on Cat Breeders,

Where to buy pedigree cats

Khun Triwitt breeds Korats, Vichien Mass and Khao Manees. His mobile number is 018149092. He used to breed English cocker spaniels, but switched in recent years to cats. His knowledge of breeding and animal husbandry is extensive.

Khun Aree, has an English speaking friend, Khun Aey. Her mobile phone number is 060496511. An article about him appeared in the Bangkok Post.

Some other breeders:

Malini Samantrakul. Owner, Malini Cattery (Tel as above + work 989

8480) 41/1 Moo 5, Lamsai Road, Kok Faed, Nong Jork, Bangkok

Kasidej Patraporanand. Secretary ,Siam Cat Club, Sumali Patraporanand.

Sod Sai Farm (Cattery) 52/24 Soi 41, Chaeng Wattana Road, Klong Kleua,

Pakkret, Nontaburi

Tel/Fax 980 9337, mobile 01-401-4283

Mr. Chuchai Wiset-jindawat. President, Korat Cat Conservation Club

of Phimai

(Wife Sumali runs the cattery) 586 Moo 14, Naimuang district, Phimai,

Nakhon Ratchasima 30110

Tel 044-471230, mobile 01 999 3542

Arirat Cattery

274/37 Lad Prao Road Soi 122

Wangthonglang, Wangthonglang, Bangkok 10310

Tel 934 1297, mobile 01 938 7496

Another alternative would be Chatuchak weekend market in Bangkok

which is near to Mo Chit skytrain station.

XXX BUMP XXX

Sorry to resurect this thread..

But how would one go about exporting a Khao Manee cat?

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

• 2 years later...

Hi Razz

It depends where you live. I breed Khao Manee cats in the UK, and I have various other contacts, mainly in Thailand and the USA. If you would like to PM me please do, and I will put you in touch.

I am also the secretary of the Khao Manee Cat club, www.khaomaneecatclub.com

Best wishes

Chrissy Russell

Aysha-Zen Cats

www.khaomanee.co.uk

ChaWee%2016-11-09%20061%20bevel%20b.jpg

But how would one go about exporting a Khao Manee cat?

RAZZ

If there is any danger of the cat seeming inappropriate as part of a birthday gift why not get it separately - before or after the birthday? It can be really nice to receive gifts as unexpected surprises without having to get a year older to "earn" it! :D