Two Foreigners Arrested For Heroin Possession

webfact

Two foreigners arrested for heroin possession

BANGKOK, Dec 20 (TNA) --Thai authorities have apprehended two foreign men in the capital and charged them with allegedly possessing heroin, said Somchai Sujjapongse, director-general of the Customs Department.

Raza Mahtab, 21, of Pakistan was nabbed early Saturday upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi international airport from Islamabad after customs officials found about 619 grammes of heroin allegedly in his possession, Mr. Somchai said.

After interrogation, customs and anti-narcotics officials later arrested a Nigerian man identified as Chinedu Godffery Elota at a Bangkok hotel and charged him with acting as an agent for Mr. Mahtab, he added. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2009/12/20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me see if I understand this. although the supply of heroine locally is tragically huge and the prices low, they are bringing it into the country, running the risk of discovery both in Pakistan and in Thailand and than they sell it in BKK?

Makes good business sense, or should he have mistaken Bangkok for Singapore?

So let me see if I understand this. although the supply of heroine locally is tragically huge and the prices low, they are bringing it into the country, running the risk of discovery both in Pakistan and in Thailand and than they sell it in BKK?

ditto

Heroin re-distribution, IMHO...... 'comes in' Airport-side from 'a bad country'...tut, tut......

then placed in bkk 'saferoom'....ooops......lost it says BIB.... etc, etc back on the street.

Nappy Hoel to All,

Brewsta

As someone much wiser than me once said 'Some people don't have the brains they were born with'.

I also read recently that there are more Nigerians in Thai jails than any other foriegners.

ditto

i'll second that.

what were they think? a drive up north be much easier and cheaper.

Seems to me no-one cares what nationality is caught - why hang Pakistanis and Nigerians? It is global and constant so who cares? I wonder if their time incarcerated will be worth eating sushi cockroach. It may even be halal!

Two less on the streets - better than no one being caught. :)

May they spend the rest of their days taking it in the bum at the Bankok Hilton.

Why - what harm have they ever done you?

Show some compassion.

Yes. Show some compassion. No one deserves a life of taking it up the rectum every day.

Just pray that their lives will end early in jail so they do not have to suffer that indignity. :)

Again, a verry bad promotion for Thailand.

In normal countriy (europe) this woud never comes in the news. :)

They are still not guilty and you, The Nation, are you sure that not the police put the drogs in the luggage?

And please "The Nation" do not send all the time such stupid and rassist ariticles as news.

.... i know "mei kautschai" ...; i am no Thai and no US.... as Pratschdigdog?

Just pray that their lives will end early in jail so they do not have to suffer that ...

Sorry, shame on you

Edited by Somrak

May they spend the rest of their days taking it in the bum at the Bankok Hilton.

Why - what harm have they ever done you?

Show some compassion.

Maybe I am too hard a person, but never did I have compassion, feel sorry or regret the wasted life for any substance abusers. This is one malady, that is entered into by free will. Naturally the same goes for drug producers, distributors, smugglers, etc. I entirely support governments of all countries having death penalties for drug related crimes.

No sympathy, no compassion from me. :)

Of course all drugs should be decriminalized. If drugs and I mean any drug were legal to purchase in any country it would eliminate the criminal element immediately. Taxes and quality controls can be put into place, and the taxes then used to fund rehabs for addicts who want to quit.

The prohibition of alcohol in the United States did not hinder the public from buy alcohol, it just resulted in the creation of the a criminal underworld to supply the public with alcohol that was of poor quality at best to down right poisonous. Who would pay a dealer on the corner for questionable overpriced drugs when they could go to their local pharmacy or government run dispensary for their drug of choice?

Drug prohibition does not stop one single person who want to use and abuse narcotics from getting their drugs. It just makes them victims and drug cartels rich. You think these two that were caught are just drug mules. Arresting and imprisoning them or executing them does nothing to stop their bosses. There will always be a line of poor suckers for easy cash to distribute their drugs. Legalization is the only solution to the drug problem in the world.

Hopefully these two will confess to get a lighter sentence and thank goodness they werent in Singapore, otherwise they would be gaunteed a date with the hangman's rope at Singapore's tyrannical regime.

Poor dumb bastards.

Anyone who read Damage Done wouldn't wish such misfortune upon them. May be foolish to bring that into Thailand, but there'll always be those who are willing to take risks for easy money.

Doesn't help the stereotypes too, coming from two countries with a reputations that preceed themselves. Even if they were innocent, one can only imagine they'll nonetheless face some sort of convictions.