Apartments - mid-price range

duncaw

Any suggestions for apartments costing around 25,000 baht a month. There seem to be plenty of luxury apartments in the 50,000+ a month price range and plenty in the 15,000 and under price range. I have not yet found anything in the middle.

I'm looking for 1 or 2 bedroom place. Fully furnished. Separate living room, separate kitchen. Ideally with a balcony. Must be near a BTS station (preferably Sukhumvit area but not essential). Also must have Swimming pool.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

duncaw, it needs a bit of work. Check out the area where you want to live. Go from building to building and ask for the office. If youu don't speak Thai, the managers there usually speak some English. They will show you the available appmts.

Have a look, ask for the price and "I come back later".

OK, Forget about the new plush things, look for the older buildings. There are a lot around, what you need 25 K.

Let me add one more thing. If you do it yourself and reach the point of negotiating the final rent consider the owner have to pay to an agent 1-month's rent as fee. You come without agent so you can try to reduce your monthly rent by 25000 div. 12 as a bargaining point.

Axel,

You are preaching to the converted. I am doing exactly as you suggest and did exactly the same when I was looking for my current apartment. I had the same problem then and settled for something I'm not completely happy with. I'm now looking for a new place 4 months ahead of when I have to move out but thought I might as well post something on here for suggestions to save a bit of leg work.

Thanks to those of you who have PM or e-mailed me suggestions - any more suggestions gratefully received.

• 3 weeks later...

Check Waterford Park Rama 4 Condo. Located at the end of Soi Pumijit [1st Soi once you enter to Rama 4 Rd from Sukhumvit and then go streight]

It is very closer to Prakanong BTS station and have exit to Suhumvit 50 [Onnut], Rama iv road and Sukhumvit 48.

Have all facilities - 2 Swimming pools, Sauna, Fitness Etc. Some you get 2 balconies.

2 Bedroom Fully Furnished with a seperate living Room and Kitchen is in the range of 16,000 Bht up depending on the Floor and the Side it?s located in the Condo.

Very quiet, ample parking space.

Also check Bosstower.com. Same facilities. 2 bedroom, seperate living room and a Kitchen will cost around 20,000 up.

If you prefer little away from Sukhumvit Rd, check Greeneryhouse.com and PKMansion.com. [Connect to BTS from Mochit station and have to travel by bus to the BTS station from the Apartment. Bit Trafic though]

I found some good md-range (prices) places here:

e-Thailand

Here's a taster.

House 4 bed 4 rent

Description:

Large 4 bed house, office, dining room, office, maid room, secure parking, garden, garage, 3 bath, Sukhumvit 101/1.

Posted By:

atiga

Price:

Bht.30,000.00

Quantity:

Posted On:

9/29/2003

Ad Expires:

11/28/2003

Region:

Asia

City: