Wrong Date And Time Stamp

webfact

Scenario: PC is set to correct local time and date. I am saving a file and the "file manager" pops up and offers a directory for saving.

I save and... the file has the wrong date/time stamp if I view it with build-in explorer. If I check the files with a third party file manager date/time are correct.

What's it all about? A bug?

Files saved to NTFS file systems are stored using Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), not local time. However, Windows Explorer should display file date/time stamp in local time. This article offers an explanation as to why this is, although it deals primarily with daylight savings time. Worth reading nonetheless, even though DST does not apply to Thailand.

Edited by Supernova

It appears to be treating the file as new rather than modified. Not sure of file type. Do you have a selection of actions? My files in Win7 have proper dates/times for creation/modification/access. I don't use Windows Photo Viewer as have Picasa. I brought up Media center but have no idea how to add/save anything so not sure if I would get the same result or not. Is it perhaps unique to photo saves using Photo viewer?

The first thing I would do is to go into the BIOS set-up at Boot-up to make sure the system time is correct.

Then check all settings in the time/regional part of Win. Also set them to auto synch the time over the net.

Before saving a file move the cursor over the clock (right-hand bottom corner) and make sure the date is correct.

opalhort

Unfortunatly the issue is still there.

Maybe someone can do me a favor. Download a picture from the web with "save as" and later open the file via the download box "show containing folder" and check the date. I have now disables ALL add-ons and extensions, the no avail. Upgraded to 3.5.6 - no cure. Router has correct time settings too. This issue occurs on my main PC and on my netbook where I run W7 Starter. The PC runs Ultimate. If I set that bloody IE8 to default everything is fine.

I am now running out of ideas and start to get desperate... I am using original software. No cra_p. I believe its a W7 bug.

Please take a look at the marked file - Date and Time. Thumbnail 3 shows the correct saving time/date....

FIREFOX 3.5.6

post-327-1261662626_thumb.jpg

WINDOWS 7 File Manager

post-327-1261662357_thumb.jpg

Third party browser

post-327-1261662366_thumb.jpg

W7 settings

post-327-1261662333_thumb.jpg

It is the date/time when the picture was taken - just look at the second of your picture at the bottom. So this will only happen with pictures I guess. You should select the right date to display if you do not want to display the picture information.

It is the date/time when the picture was taken - just look at the second of your picture at the bottom. So this will only happen with pictures I guess. You should select the right date to display if you do not want to display the picture information.

that sounds promising. Where do I configure that....? :)

Yes, I would second that. The date shown is the one the picture was taken not when it was saved on the PC.

I don't know about Win7 but I'm sure there are ways to change the date column into 'saved date'

opalhort