Renewing Vows

Mr Red

Last week our great-niece (Ning) in Thailand got married to a farang (Jim) in Thailand. Just got pix via email and it was obviously a grand affair. His parents came over and participated in the wedding, and a huge part of my wife's family attended and obviously had great fun. The couple are returning to the US, having another wedding (American style) at the parent's home, then coming to Florida to start their lives, about 8 hours drive from us.

While we are very happy for the newlyweds and hope to celebrate with them here in Florida, viewing the wedding pix brought up another thought for my lovely wife. Our 35th anniversary is Dec. 3, and since we were planning to be in Thailand in November, she asked tonight if we should rearrange the trip and be there on our anniversary to renew our vows. She thinks it would be great to have something similar to Ning and Jim's wedding as a renewal, and of course have the excuse to gather the whole family together again. I think it is a good idea and would welcome any occasion to get a big party going, but wonder if anyone has done similar things. Are there any experiences with vow renewals out there?

Last week our great-niece (Ning) in Thailand got married to a farang (Jim) in Thailand. Just got pix via email and it was obviously a grand affair.  His parents came over and participated in the wedding, and a huge part of my wife's family attended and obviously had great fun.  The couple are returning to the US, having another wedding (American style) at the parent's home, then coming to Florida to start their lives, about 8 hours drive from us.

While we are very happy for the newlyweds and hope to celebrate with them here in Florida, viewing the wedding pix brought up another thought for my lovely wife. Our 35th anniversary is Dec. 3, and since we were planning to be in Thailand in November, she asked tonight if we should rearrange the trip and be there on our anniversary to renew our vows.  She thinks it would be great to have something similar to Ning and Jim's wedding as a renewal, and of course have the excuse to gather the whole family together again.  I think it is a good idea and would welcome any occasion to get a big party going, but wonder if anyone has done similar things.  Are there any experiences with vow renewals out there?

I did it the other way round. On our fifth wedding anniversary, my wife and I renewed our vows with a white wedding in UK. So I have been married three times..................all to the same lady. Pigs head,Ampeaur in BKK & White in UK.

What do I think about it? Wonderful :o

35 year wedding anniversay, WoW, that certainly is something worthwhile celebrating. And here in Thailand, I would say that's it's a better reason than many of the parties I've seen/attended. So by all means, yes, come over and let's have a party. :o

I gotta be thinking aout this --- if I was to have a formal revow -- family and all that, then have a big pis*sup at some reasonable location in southeast BKK, would there be some interest from the TV regulars?

Marriage? Humbug!  ( jealous really) Good luck to you both

Nice to see you again Simbo, positive posting :D

Still wish you would change your avitar though :D

And NO I am not your twenty four hour policeman, just want to heal the wounds

no hard feelings and all that.

Never had any hard feelings, but we cant' all be handsome, like you on your avirta. And since my posting, I think I am in love again. isn't marriage wonderful? :o

Means What Doctor?

I gave your post the thumbs up :o

Cheers Doc

couldn't quite understand what Mr.Smiley was up to

touchy or guilty. Which ? :D

Merely curious Simbo- I had not seen it before so if in doubt ask, but it was a good question which I think I have skillfully avoided answering directly :D