Oil & Filter Change.

thaitim

Hi guys, have just bought a 2008 Triton 2.5 Diesel & want to have the oil & filter changed just to be sure.

Roughly how much will this cost & any garage recommendations?

Also whats the best oil to use?

Edited by thaitim

I do my ford ranger for less than a thousand baht. 7 liters of oil and a filter. If you have more than 40k on the clock you might want to do a fuel filter as well. The fuel filter for mine is about three hundred baht. Don't forget to clean your air filter and check all your fluid levels.

If you are not changing the oil at the dealer, many service stations have a car service centre located on the premises.

Rough costs:

Oil 400B - 2000B depending on which brand and grade.

Oil filter 150B - 250B.

Mechanic charge. 100B - 200B.

Seeing you have just bought a car that should still be under warranty, I would take it to an authorised dealer to get a once over & so the service history can be updated.

Don't be shy about dealer service in Thailand, for regular cars (not Euro imports), service is generally very good and also cost competative.

I recommend you go to the dealer and not any independent service place. Unlike the US where the dealers charge an arm and leg over here the dealer prices are comparable to any other place like B-Quick, etc. it is safer and they do a reasonable good work Just refuse to so any additional work than recommended by the book. They try to sell additional service that are not necessary and expensive. Just say NO

I don't know the price for diesel, but the BEST deal for my 2.2 engineToyota Camry is at B-Quick.

1) Mobil 20W-50 oil-type (around 3 to 4 liters) + oil filter + service charge... ALL IN for 500 baht! (And they're very systematic, and seem to know their stuff)

2) And, they gave a coupon so that next time it's 10% off; 450 baht all-in.

3) And, you gotta hear this... they DON'T ACCEPT TIP! (even if you insist.)

Now that's what I call a professional company in Thailand.. :)

(I think it's run by a Swedish guy.)

*Oh! Your truck's a 2008. Better get it done at the official dealer if it's still under warranty. If anything goes wrong, you don't want any finger-pointing.

Edited by junkofdavid2

Where in Thailand are you ??

I’ve got the older version Mits. L 200. An oil change for your car would be around 1000 baht.

About 4 liters 20/50 oil= ca. 500 baht. Filter depending on original (expensive) made in China (reasonable) or made Thailand ( okay.) The Thai version= 250 baht.

But I’d go to a Mitsubishi shop because it’s not much more expensive than other “Super mechanics.”

Best bring your oil and filter, there’re lots of places to buy cheap parts.

post-39518-1261889462_thumb.jpg