Assistance Services For U.s. Visas

Dustoff

~

The time has come to get da wife and stepson permanent residence in the States and the forms/procedures are a bit daunting to say the least.

Has anyone here used any legal or assistance services and found them both efficient and reasonable?

I would appreciate both recommendations and warnings.

Thanks...

Many say you should engage a qualified attorney, versed in immigration law. Also, be prepared to prove you are financially solvent and able to provide for your immigrant family. With the US slipping into the financial doldrums, be prepared to prove your dollar independence. And, above all, make sure your paperwork is beyond reproach. Again, attorney, proof of legal marriage and birth documents (translated into English), and a seasoned banking record.

Good luck.

The most important thing you need is a domicile. A place you own or rent with deed or lease contract with your names on it. Money is important but income or job is just as good. DO NOT use a lawyer they milk you of your money and you wind up doing everything yourself anyway. I used Siam Legal and it was a big waste of money and my wife never did get her visa and green card even though I have been married for 8 years and we had a daughter for 6 of those.

LiveSteam

Here's one for you:

Star Visa

409 Vichayanon Rd

053232069 or you can call Chutikarn on her mobil 0815302380 or 0897551209 (If people there have trouble with her name, ask for Sanduan - may be her nickname or old name)

she has helped us on several matters and I know of at least two others that used their services and were happy.

I don't know about services charges, they are all different. Remember, this is Thailand, and you can always try to bargain a little, probably not much discount in these matters though.

They are located just about 100 meters down from the American Consulate, you should see the banner sitting outside their shop. There's parking for a few cars in the back down the little alleyway.

Good Luck.

Here's one for you:

Star Visa

409 Vichayanon Rd

053232069 or you can call Chutikarn on her mobil 0815302380 or 0897551209 (If people there have trouble with her name, ask for Sanduan - may be her nickname or old name)

she has helped us on several matters and I know of at least two others that used their services and were happy.

I don't know about services charges, they are all different. Remember, this is Thailand, and you can always try to bargain a little, probably not much discount in these matters though.

They are located just about 100 meters down from the American Consulate, you should see the banner sitting outside their shop. There's parking for a few cars in the back down the little alleyway.

Good Luck.

Thanks Jimmy and you are quite right, as my wife just told me. She has been going there for translations of some of our paperwork and they have been most helpful by recommending other documents she will need.

Thanks for your input.

I got a green card for my wife and finally citizenship without ever consulting a lawyer. She was in the US the whole time, but the forms are the same. Unless there is some particular problem such as a visa overstay, I don't think a lawyer is necessary. You have to read all the forms very carefully and not make any mistakes since they are harder to correct than to avoid.

If you have any questions you can pm me.

I did all the paper work myself to change my wife from a B2 visa to having a greencard, it wasn't hard, but it wast a lot of reading (visajourneys.com was a big help)

I highly suggest talking to your local congressman, mine helped quite a bit with answering questions and writing letters of invitation for my wife.

Honestly in all the forms it says you are not allowed to come in on a B2 visa and change to permanent status, it was my Congressman who said do it, don't worry.

I did use the one translation center near the consulate to translate all of the marriage and birth certificates etc.

Edited by BlackArtemis

~

Thanks for the various inputs here.

I did speak with Siam Legal's 24/hr line and a rep was supposed to call me but never did. Perhaps they don't need the business..

Star Visa also does assistance and have been VERY helpful without charge so many kudos to them. They also provide a paid service and are comparatively reasonable in price.

Success stories are always welcome...

Edited by Dustoff

~

Thanks for the various inputs here.

I did speak with Siam Legal's 24/hr line and a rep was supposed to call me but never did. Perhaps they don't need the business..

Star Visa also does assistance and have been VERY helpful without charge so many kudos to them. They also provide a paid service and are comparatively reasonable in price.

Success stories are always welcome...

Well my success story went like this:

Flew to America and over 2 months I leisurely took my time filling out the forms, between work and school I was often too tired to read the jargone, then I submitted.

Within 2 weeks we had confirmation, within 1 month we had an appointment along with a work permit for her.

The interview took less than 10 minutes and we got her adjustment, we spent another 20minutes telling cutsey stories to the girl who interviewed us.

Then in less than 2 weeks she had a greencard.

The only hard part is the paperwork, tax returns being the bigger pain in the butt, but paying someone else to do the work for you will save a headache!

Because we have been married 2+ years she only has to wait 3 years, not 5, to be naturalized if she wants.

I'm sure your process will go just as smoothly.

P.S. it WAS Star Visa who helped us getting our documents ready, they know their stuff.