Taxi From Hwy Entrance To Phuket Airport Departures

travelin1

Is it possible to flag a taxi at the highway entrance to Phuket Airport to traverse the remaining 6 km to the departure terminal? I'll be arriving by public bus from Krabi but I don't want to go all the way into town and then have to come all the way back just to get to the airport. I have spoken with the ticket counter and they said they will tell the driver to drop me off on the highway at the connecting road, but after that I'm on my own.

Recommendations?

Edited by travelin1

To make things more clear, if you look on Google maps (search term 'Phuket Airport'), I'm referring to either the 402 -> 4031 intersection or the 402 -> 4026.

As my flight leaves very late in the evening, I have plenty of time to arrange an impromptu taxi ride to the terminal (but I don't want to be left out there standing in the rain, either).

Any advice is greatly apprec.

Edited by travelin1

I personally don't think it will be too much of a problem. You would have to allow plenty of time just in case it takes a while, which means if you get a ride straight away you'll be very early for your flight, but you can't really take a chance with missing it. If it was me I would be prepared to pay way over the odds just to make life easier, I wouldn't be asking them to put the meter on. Worst case scenario, flag any old pick up down, no one would turn down a couple of hundred baht to drive a couple of miles up the road. It definitely beats driving right past where you want to be for another 25 minutes to have to come all the way back. That's an hour of your life you'll never get back. Good luck mate.

Why don't you inquire about getting off as the bus goes by the airport turn off road. It will be easy as many of the cabs who work out of the airport stand go back to that que empty. Don't go all the way to Phuket City and then go 2/3's the distance of the island back to HKT. Airport NW and Phuket City is mid south east of the Island!

Why don't you inquire about getting off as the bus goes by the airport turn off road. It will be easy as many of the cabs who work out of the airport stand go back to that que empty. Don't go all the way to Phuket City and then go 2/3's the distance of the island back to HKT. Airport NW and Phuket City is mid south east of the Island!
And that is exactly what the OP is asking about.

As an aside, I never understand why the commuter buses do not make a short detour via the airport terminal. It would only add about 10 minutes to the overall journey time.

Maybe I am thinking too logically here :)

Simon

As an aside, I never understand why the commuter buses do not make a short detour via the airport terminal. It would only add about 10 minutes to the overall journey time.

Maybe I am thinking too logically here :)

Simon

Drivers' fear of getting pulled out of the cab and beaten up by the airport limo mafia?

How about a detour via the airport hotel where the owners could offer a reasonably priced shuttle?

Sure no problem to get a ride. Take a motorbike taxi for 30 Bath. Its the cheapest way. The motorbike drivers hang around there. You dont need more then 10 minutes.

And if he has a sitcase ? Most farangs are unable to master the local skill of carrying large bags whilst perched on a motorcycle.

And if he has a sitcase ? Most farangs are unable to master the local skill of carrying large bags whilst perched on a motorcycle.

If it is a suitcase which has wheels, you could simply sit on top of it, and hold on to the motorcycle.

If it is a suitcase which has wheels, you could simply sit on top of it, and hold on to the motorcycle.

yippie :D ride boy ride :)