aviador88

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe off topic, but you have few addicted to your stories anyway :D

Well, the English language yeti.

you have few addicted to your stories anyway
Few. This would mean that only very few, a small minority really gives a rat's ass about what I post.

"A" few, would probably be worth the effort.

Quien sabe ??

I dont post much but I do like to read you stories :D

By the way....The Termites are now DEAD. It took 3 goes & a lot of grief. Whe I signed the contract, which was for 12 monthly visits, I paid 8000 Bt. The guy who took the dosh gave the company 4000 Bt and kept 4000Bt telling his company I would pay the other half the next month. This we found out after a visit from one of the Bosses saying the salesman had done this on a regular basis with a lot of customers and was now under Poice investigation. I had to sign a statement saying I had paid the full amount to this guy and my contract would be honoured in full.

Thats good but I was told that if I signed a contract again and paid money....GET A RECEIPT FOR THE CASH PAID.

We live & Learn :o

Best regards, The ol' captain (retired at last)

Hey Captain I loved reading your story I had a good laugh, not too funny for you but I know what you have gone through. Wish I could help with the mechanical problems on your truck. :o

I have a suggestion, buy a chain saw, and get the local news paper(s) to meet you at the show room, on a day you can make sure management is there. Pull up in front and gather up the news beagles invite management outside to have a look at your truck, then fire up the chain saw. Rev it a few times and watch management rush the crowd. I bet they will find parts that nobody knew existed. :D

While slicing up your truck is not much of an option just the threat on a warranted vehicle may work it has already made headlines, once with a hammer and once with a 2x4 there was plenty of damage but Toyota and Mitsubishi paid off in both cases I believe. :D

Just a note I have found there are 3 ways of doing things here, your way, a guided way and their way. None of them resemble one another in any shape form or fashion, kind of like turning off your TCAS and radio over Kennedy airport. Slow and easy seems to work with a guide most of the time.

Good luck :D

Maybe off topic, but you have few addicted to your stories anyway :D

Well, the English language yeti.

you have few addicted to your stories anyway
Few. This would mean that only very few, a small minority really gives a rat's ass about what I post.

"A" few, would probably be worth the effort.

Quien sabe ??

I dont post much but I do like to read you stories :D

By the way....The Termites are now DEAD. It took 3 goes & a lot of grief. Whe I signed the contract, which was for 12 monthly visits, I paid 8000 Bt. The guy who took the dosh gave the company 4000 Bt and kept 4000Bt telling his company I would pay the other half the next month. This we found out after a visit from one of the Bosses saying the salesman had done this on a regular basis with a lot of customers and was now under Poice investigation. I had to sign a statement saying I had paid the full amount to this guy and my contract would be honoured in full.

Thats good but I was told that if I signed a contract again and paid money....GET A RECEIPT FOR THE CASH PAID.

We live & Learn :o

Thats good but I was told that if I signed a contract again and paid money....GET A RECEIPT FOR THE CASH PAID

Or do it the blonde's way :D

Dear Diary:

Last year, I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive

double-pane energy efficient kind. But this week, I got a call from the

contractor complaining that his work had been completed over a year

ago, and I had yet to pay for them. Boy oh boy, did we go around!! Just

because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I'm automatically stupid.

I proceeded to tell him just what his fast-talking sales guy had told me last

year...that in one year, the windows would pay for themselves.

There was silence on the other end of the line, so I just hung up, and

I haven't heard back.

Guess I won that stupid argument....

Your Blonde

:D the ol. Capt.

I have been a quiet reader of the forum for over two years and gleaned many excellent ideas from it. I have lived in Southern ..............................

Like I said, I love it here. I have some nice Thai friends. But does anyone know of a competent automoblie repair shop int the Phang Nga - Takuapa area? I had only 2 sons, but between them, mine and my wife's there were 7 cars in the family. I know how to help myself, but I am 70 years old and don't feel like crawling under cars any more.

Best regards, The ol' captain (retired at last)

After reading all that I think someone is out to get ya............ DJM

First off, thank you Udon for trying to assist me with locating the SOB when he was in Chiang Mai. I suppose grandma didn’t die. Well, I had sent him a nasty e-mail threatening him with he police. He now seems to be back in Phuket. I am certain, I won’t ask his permission to post the following e-mail from him last night:

"Papa, now I would like to tell you about my big problems as you know I use many money for my bussiness and construction in Khaolak but all of it lost when Tsunami come.I have to pay for a driver and construction but I can't get money beck from agency. And I use your money for do the bussiness again in Phuket with hoping it will help me to have a good life but it not so good because my partner (who's my friend) he cheating my money and I can't find him. So how do I do? I know it's the wrong to take money from you account.

I don't cheating you money. I will return i to you. don't destroy my life, my future by only this money. But I don't know how to do and how to tell you.and because of this cause it make me confused I don't want to go back to Khaolak and don't want to see anybody.I'm scare nobody understand me but they will blaim me like you do at this time."

No shit kid. (he is 29) They will certainly blame you. But why show up with a brand new 2.2 Million Baht Toyota SUV with TV, window rattling stereo and whatever, right after the tsunami.? To show off ???

I too have a son in the USA who just turned 36 2 weeks ago. Drives a Ferrari, but doesn’t have a pot to piss in, or a window to throw it out off. He was one of the cutest little boys when he was small. But like I always say: The only thing wrong with kids is, that they grow up to be “PEOPLE”.

wasn't he beautiful ?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Avia...edaswarenno.jpg

To continue with T’s e-mail:.

I still have my house my family in Khaolak but as you do to me you tell this problem to manyperson It damage my name and my family's name . How i can stay and can do the business in khaolak again cause it not to much money.

I can’ figure this guy out. He is related to 75% of the populous in this village, blames me for disseminating the facts, by the way I screamed at his father in law after retuning from the bank, (“get a hold of that sonofabitch whatever it takes“) which I am sure was broadcast throughout town to all the relatives within hours.

I love the first part when I threatened him with the police:

Before you will do any think, if you go to police both of us have to fight by lawyer. And it will bring to many problems between us . Also you have no connect no paper with me about money problems.

Yes, he made sure there was no paper trail.

I'm a man, if I do the wrong thing I need a chance to sorving to a correct. Please,give me a chance and stop to destroy me by tell to any body cause 1 person will tell to 2 person to ten person and all of the village so how do my family can stay.I love my son and my family like you lov yours it have more valueable than money which I used from you.

Please , forgive me.

Bending over again, the ol' Captain. Will it ever end ???

Hi Aviador!

I just discovered this threat this morning and spend this rainy Sunday morning reading it. I really appreciate your sense of humor dealing with those shortcomings in Thailand (TOT, washing machine...) that drive me up the walls on a regular basis.

I also appreciate your generosity towards the people around you. However, being too generous can bring you also intp trouble, as people may consider you as a walking ATM with unlimited ressources.

As for Mr. T, I cannot 100% agree with Udon. Try a diplomatic way with him first and also consult with a lawyer before bringing that case to the police. Mr. T has lost a big deal of face already and is well connected. There is a potential danger in it!

If Avidor doesn't get it sorted legally, this POS will be laughing at him behind his back and probably gambling the money away, or worse...

This guy will only understand ruthlessness, sadly.

Screw FACE! this is about the theft of US$30,000.......Let's hope he has some property, unencumbered.

Edited by udon

Report police.. Arrange a meeting, get police to nab him (pay them if you have to for thier 'time') then sieze car / house / everything available...

Push for monkeyhouse until the ba$tard pays.. Dont let him play the nice guy sympathy card now..

Email should be enough (with bank report) to corroberate..

Then watch your back..

I just spent the best of 1/2 hour typing a reply. Upon "reviewing" my post, yes there were a few typos. Return to whatever, everything disappeared in Cyberspace. I am not in the mood to do it over.

Bye bye.

I hope Bill Gates will have severe Diarrhea for at least the next 4 weeks.

AchJee...TermitenKrieg beim ollen Capitano... :D

Gugge mal nach der AdjaanMailPost... :D

Sorry Folks for the ABSOLUTE off topic.... :o

Habbisch doch schon geguckt, is aba nix drin in meinem elektronischen Postkasten. Nur das Bild von Deiner übergroßen Mietzekatz, Du alter Thai/germane/katholischer/Buddhist Junge. Wie gehts den Kinderlein ? Zeit zum

pennen, ratree savat.

Fred, der Bruchpilot :D

Doctor, por vavor.

El mundo es muy pequeño de hoy. :D

Como usted sabe es muy importante ahora en los Estados Unidos, especialmente a la costa de este, hablar más de una idioma.

This cool Thai, (now 20 odd years old ??, korrekt mich, wenn ich falsch bin Leoboss) who lives in Germany, speaks about 5 languages fluently, has a cool wife and a set of twins, even was a monk once. :D We try to keep up on our German together.

It may have been the wrong time and place here.

So, Scusilo amici mio :o

Arrivederci. :D El Capitán. Viecho, pero contento en el pais "de los sonrisas". :D

And the Lufthansa captain at arrival at Frankfurt started speaking to the terminal controller in German got back the message fast. ' The international language of aviation is English und you will speak only English '

The Lufthansa Captain replied ' I am a German Captain, in command of a German aircraft at a major German airport ... why should I speak English ? A voice behind from a BA Captain overhearing the exchange said ' Because you lost the fuggin' war ' :o

And the Lufthansa captain at arrival at Frankfurt started speaking to the terminal controller in German got back the message fast. ' The international language of aviation is English und you will speak only English '

The Lufthansa Captain replied  ' I am a German Captain, in command of a German aircraft at a major German airport  ... why should I speak English ?  A voice behind from a BA Captain overhearing the exchange said ' Because you lost the fuggin' war '    :o

......and whilst on the subject...

Bud and Jim were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as airplane mechanics in Frankfurt.

One day the airport was fogged in and they were stuck in the hangar with nothing to do. Bud said, "Man, I wish we had something to drink!" Jim says, "Me too, Y`know, I`ve heard you can drink jet fuel and get a buzz. You wanna try it?" So they pour themselves a couple of glasses of high octane hooch and get completely smashed.

The next morning Bud wakes up and is surprised at how good he feels, infact he feels GREAT! No Hangover! No bad side effects. Nothing!. Then the phone rings....

It`s Jim. Jim says, "Hey, how do you feel this morning?"

Bud says, "I feel great. How about you?"

Jim says, "I feel great too. You don`t have a hangover?"

Bud says, "NO, that Jet Fuel is great stuff-- no hangover, nothing. We ought to do this more often."

"Yeah, well there`s just one thing...."

"What`s that?"

"Have you farted yet?"

"No..."

"Well, DON`T, `cause I`m in MUNICH! :D

Well, two of the best one's I remember was, when Japan Airlines was first

allowed to fly into the US.

Japan Airlines 752 to Honolulu approach. Checking it at one one zero thousand and the ATS (Airport terminal service info )

The controller waited for a minute and then said: "Are you shure you filed a flight plan this time ?" :D

The same on one British Airways flight, landing at Frankfurt, after getting lost on the taxi way, was admonished by the ground controller: "What is se matter, haven't you been to Frrrrankfurt bevore" ?

"Yes", said the old Captain. "In 1944, but then we did not lend." :o

03:00 Sydney to Darwin with a load of newspapers...... middle of nowhere...

Unknown Aircraft: "I'm f...ing bored!".

Air Traffic Control: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!!"

Unknown Aircraft: "I said I was bored, not f...ing stupid!" :o

The crew of a US airliner made a wrong turn during taxi in Frankfurt and came nose to nose with another aircraft.

The furoius ground controller (a female) screamed: "(Callsign) where are you going? I told you to turn right on `Charlie` taxiway; you turned right on `Delta`. Stop right there"...

Continuing her verbal lashing of the embarrassed crew, she shouted: " You`ve screwed everything up. It`ll take forever to sort this out. You stay right there and don`t move until I tell you to. You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you. You got that?"

Naturally, the frequency went very quiet until an unknown male pilot broke the silence and asked: "Wasn`t I married to you once?" :o

Capt, I read your stories from the beginning and of course I noticed it is 8 pages long now. Sigh, but what the dickens, you really became a wonderful cash cow concerning your container. But don't feel bad. Mine cost me a cool 76,000 Baht and a forever near 4 weeks of haggling over the cost. Started at 51,000 and finally I agreed to pay, and next day bingo jumped up to 57,000 and kept going so by end of week it reached 76,000 so I did not say anything, I just went there, dropped the plop and told them to get it out or all here is history. You should have seen their faces!!!!!!!! Yes some were customs, and quite scared of me to say the least. They did get it out in less than 15 minutes on the truck and on its way to final destination. They even gave back the passport shaking like a leaf.

Turns out lots of bickering and bribery was going on and each wanted some piece of the pie. That is how I got welcomed into this country.

Yes I too had my fair share of problems here, but heck it is only peanuts compared to yours, and I really had a good laugh and a half of how you were able to keep your cool, and still shell it out.

Yes many appear to you as super good neighbors and lollipop over to you like good tasting candy. Watch what happens when you kill their supply of money from you, and you will find out how friendly they will be at that time.

Just a word of caution. Don't trust anyone here but yourself, and do watch over your possessions like a hawk. As of your washing machine, buy the Hoover and same for the dryer. They don't break down. Mine still going strong over a year now no problems. However you of course will have to re-modify the belt with the motor on your washing machine. They tend to get really loose. I did mine and it has been a breeze ever since.

Yes captain, I too work for the airlines. I am a AAPP mechanic. Please to meet ya.

Being a mechanic sure does come handy here in Thailand. Lord knows how many Thai equipment literally go south after 3 uses. So I make sure it breaks down before warranty expires and bring it back to the source with my receipt and presto get another new one. Saves me repairs. Every motor made in Thailand that I have encountered here has burned out. Fascinating. I get a motor from USA and they last forever. However beware of customs. They just love to pinch you once they know you get the good stuff outside of their country, knowing you won't be needing their products or using their products cause they know it is BS. Isn't that a shame.

Anyway keep the stuff coming. Your story is refreshing to all of us and of course has lots of tips that can help us avoid the headaches in the future.

:o

DaveYo tsk, tsk, tsk.

You are politically incorrect, or from the old school. mechanics are now referred to aviation technicians :o

There was never much love lost between the two entities. Pilots considered them incompenent hacks, out to kill them and mechanics knew that all pilots were stupid anyway.

Therefore when the pilot left a "squak-sheet" with maintenance at the end of a flight, mechanics would delight in leaving the following:

(P) = Problem reported by pilot, (S) = Solution on form left by maintenance,

(P) Left inside main tire almost needs replacement

(S) Almost replaced left inside main tire.

(P) Test flight OK, except autoland very rough

(S) Autoland not installed on this aircraft.

(P) Something loose in cockpit

(S) Something tightened in cockpit

(P) Evidence of leak on right main landing gear strut

(S) Evidence removed.

(P) Dead bugs on windshield

(S) Live bugs on back order.

(P) Number three engine missing

(S) Engine found on right wing after brief search.

(P) Aircraft handles funny

(S) Aircraft warned to straighten up, "fly right" and be serious.

Best regards, the ol' Capt.

PS. The washing machine guy hasn't shown up as yet :D