Service

aviador88

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Sir Burr.

Correct me if I am wrong but , isn’t a “BURR” some growth in the woods, which latches onto one’s underwear and butt while taking a crap in the thicket thereby causing the desire to tell the world about this discomfort.

So, if you have nothing positive to say, SAY NOTHING. OK ? :o

@Fred

..remember your "long hand" friend(s) that Malaysia is not far away..... :o

Whipping as Punishment for Crime in Malaysia

Caning/whipping is a supplementary form of punishment to imprisonment for some 40 crimes including drugs offences, rape and attempted rape, kidnapping, firearms offences, attempted murder, causing grievous injury, child abuse, robbery and theft.

The authorities are of the opinion that caning/whipping has a deterrent effect on criminals. During the nineties, the authorities have, at various times, suggested caning/whipping for white collar crimes, illegal racers and its organisers, illegal workers and employers found harbouring them, pimps, as well as for wife battering and juvenile delinquency. In December 1994, caning for economic crimes such as embezzlement, tax fraud and bribery was introduced. In 1996, the Immigration Act was amended to make caning a mandatory part of the sentence for those convicted of using forged passports and other immigration offences.

@Fred

..remember your "long hand" friend(s) that Malaysia is not far away..... :D

Whipping as Punishment for Crime in Malaysia

Caning/whipping is a supplementary form of punishment to imprisonment for some 40 crimes including drugs offences, rape and attempted rape, kidnapping, firearms offences, attempted murder, causing grievous injury, child abuse, robbery and theft.

The authorities are of the opinion that caning/whipping has a deterrent effect on criminals. During the nineties, the authorities have, at various times, suggested caning/whipping for white collar crimes, illegal racers and its organisers, illegal workers and employers found harbouring them, pimps, as well as for wife battering and juvenile delinquency. In December 1994, caning for economic crimes such as embezzlement, tax fraud and bribery was introduced. In 1996, the Immigration Act was amended to make caning a mandatory part of the sentence for those convicted of using forged passports and other immigration offences.

Savasdee krap, mein Deutsch/Italienischer/Thaijunge.

However, whipping isn't going to get me my money back.

I do, however have some connections to the local mafia. :o Quien sabe ?? :D

Ohio gozeimas o' gengkideska. Fred

• 2 weeks later...

To the moron who said I "embellished".

I wished.

I must be a walking billboard that says: Hey, there is one that hasn’t been tried.

A young American, (39) from the back woods of Pennsylvania, doing mission work, voluntarily for some Christian organization, moved in a few weeks ago to a bungalow down the street. Works like a dog for “free” 6 days a week, building homes for the tsunami victims. Since I am the only Yankee around here he was glad to find someone from the US. We were getting together in the evening to just chat and having a few beers. He is sort of a “honky”, loves “country music” which I abhor. However, I am flexible and he was glad to have someone to talk to. Since he has to pay his own expenses, he depends on contributions from his friends and relatives back home.

Well, his family back in the States sent him 500 US dollars via a bank transfer 3 weeks ago . Since he has no bank account, it was funneled to the mission here.

He was broke and asked me for loan of 2000 Baht. I tried to tell him, that because of my Thai “friend” I am on a tight budget until the 3rd when My S.S. check comes in. Well, what could I say. As of this writing, the money is supposedly still in the church’s account. (collecting interest).

I think I posted something about many kids in the neighborhood showing up everyday to watch UBC and play games on my PCs. A boy named Bigun 14, whom I have known for almost 2 years), has no parents , lives with his grand mother, asked me for a cell phone 2 weeks ago. I attempted to explain the situation to him and he seemed to understand. Last week he had a fancy phone and said his grandma bought it for him. The next morning I opened my locked attaché case and 10,000 Baht where missing. He must have memorized the combination when I left the case open. I contacted the grandma, (who is one of the richest old ladies in town she owns about 30 Rai of prime real estate) denied that she gave the boy any money and her answer was: Your should not have let him into your house. :D (She probably congratulated him for ripping off this Farang :o ) This boy is going to be very rich when he turns 18, because one of his aunts died recently and left him 10 rai of land here. (current price 2.5 Million baht per rai.)

Blood is thicker than water.

My right hand man, Mehn, now 17, whom I rescued from a dangerous and low paying life on a fishing boat to come and take care of me 2 years ago did it to me also. I paid him whatever he made on the fishing boat. Clothed him, fed him, bought him a motor bike, let him drive my Pickup, treated him like a son. He is the only one I trusted with my ATM card and password.

Recently his mother complained of starving because her present boyfriend did not provide enough support for the family and is going back to Burma She must have asked him for money, because now my US account is 25,000 baht overdrawn :D

Will it ever end ???? :D

Greets the ol Capt'n.

To the moron who said I "embellished".

Will it ever end ???? :D

Never. Not if you don't wise up. And you think I'm a moron????? :o

Well Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. If the shoe fits. You made it sound like I made all of this up. I don't not consider myself a moron, just "gullable" OK ?

Ahora es el fin de la contributión a este foro. No tengo gusta la tierra de los pendejos, espaldas mojadas y de las pinches buhtas igual que usted.

Ahora es el fin de la contributión a este foro. No tengo gusta la tierra de los pendejos, espaldas mojadas y de las pinches buhtas igual que usted.

Don't know what this means. English please as per forum rules.

PS. I still don't know any Thai bank that requires you to fill out a form in triplicate to withdraw money from an account. Could you tell me which bank this is?

Well Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  If the shoe fits. You made it sound like I made all of this up. I don't not consider myself a moron, just "gullable" OK ?

You think I'm a moron for being sceptical? Scepticism does not a moron make.

I think my scepticism has served me better in Thailand than your gullibility has you.

They see you as an easy mark because of your gullibility, that is why you have been "hit" so many times. They obviously don't respect you, and yet, after two years you still choose to live amongst them. You still haven't wised up have you?

Fred, as you know, I don't trust a $100 note, but after nrly 2 yrs I too, would have had no cause to distrust the 2 lads.

I have 2 of those combination lock flight bags but I ALWAYS spun the numbers after opening the bags.

It's sad that you suffered theft again by peeps you trusted, you will now have to be on guard at ALL times, regardless of who visits you. :D

Do not leave your mobile phone around the house, keep it on you at ALL times or it will be next. :o

Get some Argentinian banknotes and leave them around the house......& tell all & sundry that they are worth $100 each

That'll fk'em...... :D

So, if you don't mind my asking, what will you do next? If things were settled to your satisfaction, would you still stay there, or would you pack up and try and set up the retirement dream elsewhere?

I guess I'm lucky in that I don't have a whole lot of money to help the locals other than being a regular patron of their businesses, giving advice, teaching English, and spending the bulk of my income in LOS. I do see lots of Thais whom I wish I could help by setting up a business or something for them, but I guess things would only end in heartaches anyway. I do admire you for trying to help others.

Sure hope your continuing saga doesn't sky-rocket your blood pressure :o

Nevermind all the rude posters. Remember that as in life, you would probably never take the time to talk to these characters anyway.

Hang in there Captain.

@Udon.

OK, well I was a little naïve to say the least, but I had always trusted my instincts. In Thailand however, screwing falangs seems to be a national past time.

If I could find an E-mail address of his Majesty the King

Bhumibol Adulyadej,

who was born in the USA and from what I read about him, seems to be a fair-minded guy, I would dare to send him my experiences. Maybe he would laugh his royal butt of, but at least I would have the satisfaction to dispel this myth that not all foreigners are sex tourists, drunks and drug dealers, but someone like me who donated 300,000 baht to repair the damage to the local school, the tsunami had caused.

As for leoboss. He is quite a joker but I have known him for 3 or 4 years. He is a highly intelligent Thai, now hmm, 21 or 22,??? speaks 4 or 5 languages, married with twins, was a monk for a year (catholic Buddhist what a combination :>) but now living in Germany. Even I had a bit of a problem translating Hemmingway’s musings, because it contains words that are only used in Cuban Spanish.

This is what I would send to the KING:

To His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej

It behooves me to write to you, although I am sure you never will get to read this.

I have lived in Southern Thailand now for almost 2 years. I love the climate and (most) of the people. I was a professional pilot for over 40 years in the USA, traveled all over Europe and South America. Two years ago I took a vacation in southern Thailand and fell in love with the place. After my sons grew up and went their own way, my wife divorced me after 30 years I decided to pack it in. I sold my home in New Jersey, since most of my neighbors had either died or moved away. I had nothing in common with the young folks who moved in. So I pulled up stakes and decided to live in Thailand for whatever years I had left. I presently lease a house at the edge of the jungle east of Khao Lak, away from the tourists and all the bull. The only female living with me now is my Thai dog whom I got as a puppy. Sorry for the long introduction, I just wanted to tell you a few things about me.

How to got screwed out of money at every turn as soon as I arrived here.

I have since learned, that cheating Farang seems to be a national past time, but to completely strip someone of almost 3 million Baht within less than 2 years must seem some kind of record.

It started out with the shipment of my container.

Prior to my arrival here in March of 2004 I contracted with an American shipping company to have a 1 CM container, weighing about 240 kg, containing assorted household goods and memorabilia to be shipped from the east coast of the US to Phuket. Everything went as planned. 5 weeks later I received a telephone call from a fellow who introduced himself as the Thai agent of the US forwarder. "Hello, your container has arrived here in Bangkok and is ready for pickup by you." "You must be kidding“, I said. “I am not going to drive 1000 km to retrieve this thing. Ship it to my home here in Khao Lak and if there are any additional charges let me know." (A Swiss friend of mine in Tap Lamu had a ship Diesel motor weighing 2 tons shipped there from Bangkok for 1,800 Baht, so how much could it cost) "No, you need to mail me your passport first" was his repy “ No way José, I am not sending my passport to just anybody, but wait, 2 of my Thai friends will be driving to Chiang Mai for Songkran next week, I will have them stop by and hand you the passport.” 2 days later I get a call from my friends stating that this guy needs 8000 Baht for "expenses" but we don't have that much cash on hand. I wired them the money, they handed the creep my passport as well as the 8000 Baht.

About 3 days later I get an e-mail saying that my container is now in Phuket because the truck could not negotiate the narrow roads in Khao Lak. What ??? Route 4 ain't exactly a dirt path. I e-mailed the guy back and told him. OK, forget it. I will pick up the container in Phuket, just tell me where. Another few days went by when I get another e-mail. Your container is with the authorities at the pier in Bangkok ready for release to you. We will not release the container as well as your passport until the following charges have been paid.

Pier fee: 3,500 Baht

Handling: 4,800 Baht

Transportation:26,000 Baht

Customs fees: 12,600 Baht

Miscellaneous: 5,200 Baht

Grad total: 52,100 Baht

At the pier in Bangkok ? Are we talking about the same container which was supposed to be in Phuket ??

I sent two guys with a rental truck on a 3 day trip to Bangkok. Expenses, fuel including overnight meals etcetera 14,000 baht.

This creep would not disclose the location of my passport until he had the cash in hand. The container was actually still sitting at the pier where the cargo ship had dropped it of. It had never even been moved one foot.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this a way to say: “Welcome to Thailand ??”.

I paid TOT 24,000 Baht to have a 1,5 km phone line strung to my home just to have internet access. The word "preung nee" was mentioned several times which I understood to mean "tomorrow". I have a feeling though that it means more like "some other day", because it took 12 preung nees to get the line installed. Even then, the line was and is still full of knots and only about 2 cm from the electric lines. A magnet for lightning bolts which cost me 2 modems, including one DSL modem so far. All requestst to TOT to rectify the situation fell on deaf ears. I now have “DSL” back (800 baht per month), after 8 months which, even at 5 AM goes from slow to brain dead when the entire world is sleeping and just accessing my e-mail takes 10 minutes sometimes.

I purchased a brand new fully equipped pickup from Mitsubishi in Kokloy, paid 700,000 Baht cash and thought, well with a 100,000 km guarantee I would never have to worry about any repairs. Wishful thinking. I really don't drive much, in fact I hate to drive here. Most drivers are suicidal and plain "nuts" anyway. I now have the truck for about 19 months and have less than 14,000 km on it. At around 3000 km I noticed that the exhaust was smoking at any speed and burned about 11 to 12 liters of Diesel/100km. I took it back to Mitsubishi where the "mechanic" told me: You drive too fast, she smoke". At 40 km/hr ???? I found a fellow in Tap Lamu who works on ship diesels. He adjusted the injection timing. 600 baht and I was on my way. :>) Around 5000 km the electric passenger side window refused to go up and after several tries the carrier came up and the glass fell into the door. When I had Mitsu check it I was told, that "I ABUSED" the window, therefore there would be a charge. The right windshield wiper mounting had been loose and wobbling. They checked it and told me "no have part" must be ordered from Mitsubishi. OK order it and let me know when it comes in. That was in October of 2004. I still don't have it. 6 weeks ago, the air conditioner was weak and worked not at all at idle. The genius at Mitsu pulled the drain hose off the bottom and said: See is dripping, is OK. No shit Sherlock With this heat it should be running like a faucet and not just drip. Take a look at the receiver dryer. There are bubbles in it. Also the suction line is hand warm. It leaks somewhere and needs freon. (I used to repair air conditioners for a living years ago) Then came the stock answer:" NO HAVE." You mean to tell me that a certified Mitsubishi service center has no means to repair air conditioning when every damned car around here has AC ? I found some schmo in Baniang who was supposed to be an expert. He added a few pounds of freon (500 baht) which got me going (for a week) After it went dead again I stopped at the same guy and told him to check for leaks. He looked at me like I just came from Mars. His only test equipment was a manifold set with the high pressure gage minus the glass and a bent pointer, which he tried to coax into moving by bending the needle.

I had bought a washing machine June of 2004 in Phuket and opted for the 2 year warrantee, at the suggestion of the sales person. In October it quit. I was told to bring it back (to Phuket ??) So I called a local guy who took it to his shop. 4 days later he called and told me it needed a micro chip which had to ordered from Japan. Well it was still waiting for the chip December 26th when the Tsunami confiscated it and took it into the Andaman sea. Lucky for me I had bought another less high tech washer in November.

Naturally I also lost my telephone service December 26th and received a temporary number around the middle of March. TOT had the unmitigated gall to bill me for services rendered, including DSL, for January, February and March, 2,200 baht. I am waiting for some Satellite Internet service, then they can stick their telephone up their respective noses. Sunday night before Songkran the line wend dead again. I called TOT and was told: You know many people go to temple and many travel to visit relatives far away. Sooo? The world stands still meanwhile ???

The phone was dead for 10 days.

Back in June of 2003 I was involved in an accident with a motorbike in Phuket driven by a guy who had an illegal side car attached to it, no insurance as well as no driver's license (what else is new). Well the man had a badly injured knee. The hospital they had taken him to, wanted to amputate his leg, therefore I had him transferred to the International Hospital in Phuket. Since the hospital did not trust my insurance company (I found out later why) I paid the daily charges, such as private room, ICU, surgery etc. All in all it came to around 260,000 Baht. I did visit the man at the hospital several times and remember when I met his family right after the accident. Instead of a grieving wife and daughter I found smiling faces. "Hot dog, we are in fat city now. A Farang and looks like one with money" !!!!! Facit, it cost me over halve a Million Baht to settle the case. Then.......

About 3 months later I received a check from the insurance company for 240,000 Baht to reimburse me for the hospital expenses. It promptly bounced due to insufficient funds. A trip to their office in Phuket revealed that they had closed their doors and disappeared. I also had to pay 22,000 Baht in advance for the repair of the motor bike, because it was fixed at an "unauthorized" (per insurance) repair shop. At the same time I had to pay 33,000 baht for parts to repair the damage to my vehicle, again because the place did not trust the insurance company.

I had invested 750,000 Baht in the transportation company of my new found Thai friend Suwan Ramkew, also known as Mr. T. He was related to the folks who own all the bungalows here. He spoke reasonable English and was invaluable to get me through the trauma of the accident in Phuket. We operated 10 minibuses. Business was booming, until December 26th. Out of the 10 vehicles, only 2 survived. Sadly we also lost one driver and 4 tourists. The insurance company balked at paying, citing something like "act of nature" We did get 500,000 Baht for one brand new bus which had cost 1,6 Million. My Thai friend promised to repay me as soon as he can get on his feet but I explained to him that it was an investment and not his fault the money was lost. I told him "it's only money at least we are alive". He then though I was the greatest thing since sliced bread, since most of his Thai investors were hounding him.

Recently my second washing machine quit. It will be an adventure to see how I get this thing fixed under warrantee.

Minor annoyances, having to buy a new washer very 6 or 7 months ;>)

Truly I still love it here. As a pilot I managed to get around in the world and was particularly intrigued with Ecuador. I toyed with the idea to retire to the place, not only because of the climate, but also since I speak Spanish as well as German but as things go in Latin America, there always seems to be open season on Presidentes every few years. Well, there was another change in Presidents not too long ago. I therefore decided to hang in here for the few years I have left. Another reason why I picked Thailand is the fact that it is very pro American, something that is rare in today's world. I can buy property, own a business 100% own a car and all of this without getting involved with another female. (I think I mentioned, that I was married for 30 years raised 2 sons and lived with a lady for another 10) The only female who lives and sleeps with me is my "genuine" Thai dog, a very intelligent animal whom I got as a puppy. She has been sterilized, and has had all the required shots.

My call to the business which sold me the second washing machine was futile, because the tsunami claimed the building as well as the inventory. Luckily the owner escaped with his life and advised me to just have the machine repaired at my own expense. OK, what else is new. I called a local shop who promised to be here "preung nee", which was 60 days ago.

I sent one of our out of work drivers and paid him for the day to Mitsubishi in Phuket with my Pickup to have the air conditioner taken care of. According to him they too are not equipped to take on the work. (unbelievable but true ) He took it to one of his "friend's" shop who in his words was an "expert". Sure enough the guy discovered that the shop who had repaired the truck after the accident had used the old bent high pressure line to the condenser and patched a hole in it with Superglue. However it needed a new receiver dryer which was, as he said "full of water ?" OK, change it. On the way home the compressor apparently exploded in Thai Muang.

Anyway, my Mitsu pickup picked Thai Muang as the place to scare halve the town when the compressor jammed, the fan belt smoked and finally snapped. (Everybody thought the car was on fire .) But directly in front of a place called THAI MUANG AUTOSOUND AND AIR. Why didn't anybody tell me about this place ? My driver told me that they are the best equipped shop within 200 km. I was told that the "expert" in Phucket overcharged the system, lost most of the oil causing the compressor to jam. (sounds logical). End of story. The very next day. Replaced Compressor, dryer, belt, freon ? (probably not the right stuff but who cares ) 22,750 Baht. So much for the 100,000 km warrantee. (No wonder we Yankees have to prove an income of 60,000 Baht per month or more. Back in the US I could probably sue the guy as well as Mitsubishi for not living up to their warrantee, but who cares at this point. The air conditioner works (for now anyway :>))

My philosophy right now is to do the most good to wherever it is needed. I am 70 years old and the track record of my ancestors and immediate family is not very good. (they all died in their 70's) Quien sabe, who knows. I don't want to leave my ungrateful children anything. Money is there to be spent.

A former client of mine (I flew his multi million corporate airplane for over 10 years) arrived in Phuket last year in order to donate money benefiting the victims of the tsunami. He was thrilled to find, that I only lived about 100 km north of Phuket. We met for lunch, I showed him the devastation here, as well as in Baniang, Khuk-khak and Nam Kem. He pledged 300,000 Baht to rebuild the damaged driveway at the school in Baniang, providing I matched the amount, which I did.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Avia...ngschool022.jpg

Now I am sure my Thai “friend” also received a nice “commission” from the contractor.

After getting the bad check we decided to sue the Insurance Company. Several trips to Phuket to court, which for me was sort of superfluous, since I couldn’t understand a thing that was going on, I sent T by himself the next few times.

He called me on a Thursday with the news that he had a settlement check for 244,000 Baht in his hot little hands. Joy to the world. That’ll buy a few beer Changs, since I had already written it off as a lost cause. He sent me an SMS that he would be home around 6 PM and would see me then.

……….That was the last time I heard from him for 2 weeks. I get the usual “Kathod kaa” solly the person you are trying to leach is not avairable whenever I dial his cell phone number. :>) Could it be ? To a person who makes 12000 Baht a month whenever he is working, 244,000 must seem like a lot of money. Naaaa impossible. He is such a nice guy and Thais are sooooo honest. I did go to court with him the first 2 days, but sat around like a dummy, because I didn’t understand a thing during the procedure. somewhere at the I wasn’t hedging any bets for a speedy return. coinciding with the receipt of the check for the settlement. Hmmm. Add the 20000 Baht for the camera he bought for me, 244 grand, it would be a cool quarter of a million for someone.

Even before he was constantly asking for money. He was building a restaurant and when the lumber arrived he needed 100,000 baht for the wood. Then his son was born and he needed 75,000 Baht for the hospital bill. He had told me that I had a very “good heart”. Well back in the USA they would call me a sucker.

He sent an SMS, that he needed to pay the attorney and would send his mother to pick up a “power of attorney” form, which I did (gullible and STUPID THAT I AM) :>(

Then nothing for another 10 days.

I had a foreboding and went to the bank. Previous balance: 960,855.90 Baht. Current balance : 121.90 Baht. Well, this would not even buy me a bottle of cheap Thai Rum I suppose.

OK stupid: 960,855.90

Plus: 244,000.00

Total: 1,204,955.90 A new Millionaire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That SOB “emptied “ my bank account :> ((((( and left me 121.90 Baht. He couldn’t just have left me a couple of thousand ????

He also mortgaged my pickup for which I paid 700,000 baht “cash”. I have the receipt and in the USA that would constitute grand larceny. He had registered the truck in his name and kept telling me that “Farang” can not own a new car, even though I know that “Americans” can do it. He still refuses to give me back the “book” as well as my bank book and ATM card.

I have been told by several people not to even try to recoup my money. He is Thai, you are Falang.:>(( forget it.

Is that fair, your Royal Highness, ????

Farangs are fair game and when they are broke, just send them back where they came from ?

T, called me Papa and I treated him like a son (he is 30 years old and my youngest son just turned 36) He had possession of my passport many times, trying to get me a work permit and a non O retirement visa from the Phang Nga immigration office where he was always greeted like a long lost cousin. Whatever happened ??? I don’t know. One SMS stated: Papa, I now have big problem, but will be resolved prueng nee. (here we go again, I am beginning to hate this word)

His family, or rather his wife’s family are understandably upset, in fact his father in law delivers breakfast to my door every morning at 7:30. I haven’t completely lost faith in humanity although I am getting close. But that's one reason why I don’t want the police involved.

The following are e-mail exchanges between T and I.

"Papa, now I would like to tell you about my big problems as you know I use many money for my bussiness and construction in Khaolak but all of it lost when Tsunami come.I have to pay for a driver and construction but I can't get money beck from agency. And I use your money for do the bussiness again in Phuket with hoping it will help me to have a good life but it not so good because my partner (who's my friend) he cheating my money and I can't find him. So how do I do? I know it's the wrong to take money from you account.

I don't cheating you money. I will return i to you. don't destroy my life, my future by only this money. But I don't know how to do and how to tell you.and because of this cause it make me confused I don't want to go back to Khaolak and don't want to see anybody.I'm scare nobody understand me but they will blaim me like you do at this time."

No shit kid. They will certainly blame you. But why show up with a brand new 2.2 Million Baht Toyota SUV with TV, window rattling stereo and whatever, right after the tsunami.? To show off ???

So far I have received 15,000 Baht from this Kha-moy. I have been told that I shouldn’t even try to take him to court. A Judge will most likely order him to pay 3000 Baht per month. I won‘t live long enough to collect all my money.

To continue with T’s e-mail:.

I still have my house my family in Khaolak but as you do to me you tell this problem to manyperson It damage my name and my family's name . How i can stay and can do the business in khaolak again cause it not to much money.

I can’t figure this guy out. He is related to 75% of the populous in this village, blames me for disseminating the facts. By the way, I did screamed at his father in law after retuning from the bank, (“get a hold of that sonofabitch whatever it takes“) which I am sure was broadcast throughout town to all the relatives within hours.

I love the first part when I threatened him with the police:

Before you will do any think, if you go to police both of us have to fight by lawyer. And it will bring to many problems between us . Also you have no connect no paper with me about money problems.

(Yes, he made sure there was no paper trail. And I was stupid enough to trust him)

He continues: I'm a man, if I do the wrong thing I need a chance to sorving to a correct. Please,give me a chance and stop to destroy me by tell to any body cause 1 person will tell to 2 person to ten person and all of the village so how do my family can stay.I love my son and my family like you lov yours it have more valueable than money which I used from you.

Please , forgive me.

In essence, Farang are fair game and when they are broke, just send them back where they came from ?

I am able to live comfortably on whatever social security I receive every month. However I worked over 47 years for my money, raised and educated my sons and hate to have some punk screw me out of it and laugh at me ??. I would have liked to have a little cushion in case of unexpected expenses. I have been told to: Not even try to collect, because you are Farang and he is Thai.

Be it as it may, but what right does he have to keep the book to my car, my bank book and my ATM card ??

Best regards, the old Captain, sad but in a way happily retired in the LOS.

Well Sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  If the shoe fits. You made it sound like I made all of this up. I don't not consider myself a moron, just "gullable" OK ?

You think I'm a moron for being sceptical? Scepticism does not a moron make.

I think my scepticism has served me better in Thailand than your gullibility has you.

They see you as an easy mark because of your gullibility, that is why you have been "hit" so many times. They obviously don't respect you, and yet, after two years you still choose to live amongst them. You still haven't wised up have you?

To sir burr.

Sorry, I suppose I just wasn’t in a jovial mood, when I wrote the above posts.

My apologies.

Years ago, I flew a corporate jet part time for a Jewish fellow. 6 foot 6, nicest guy but crooked as the day was long. He owned a furniture factory in Massachusetts as well as saw mill in Canada. His game was to screw banks out of money, which as far as I am concerned shouldn’t even be considered a crime because banks are and always have been the biggest legal thieves.

Anyway, one day we were driving along in the company limousine. As we were passing a cemetery he said to me “You see all those dead people ? Do you think anybody really cares who or what they were?” “Hmm, well , so?”

“I owe so many people so much money, that when I die they will pass my grave and say: That SOB managed to screw me and gotten away with it.”. To him it was fun cheating people.

Takes all kinds to make a world I suppose.

PS: After he disappeared, the last paycheck bounced and American express, (I had a corporate card in my name) sent me a bill for landing fees at JFK, fuel and repair bills totaling over $ 12,000.oo US.

It cost me a lawyer who explained to AMEX, that I was neither a stockholder nor an officer in the corporation, just an employee, which luckily settle the case. The FBI showed up a few times at my home. One could always tell the driver was a fed. Chrysler K-car, he shirt and tie, smelled Cop a mile away. They just wanted to know if I heard from him.

He did call me from Barbados about 4 years later and said: “I am thinking of buying another airplane. Would you like to work for me again, you were an excellent pilot”. “Sure Mort” I said. “I want 120,000 per year, payable in advance :>)” That was the last time I heard from the guy.

Best regards, the ol’ Capt’n , still hanging in.

• 4 weeks later...

Cap'n, my heart goes out to you. Like me, you are a sucker.

Too many ppl land in Thailand, and see paradise. And forget what they've learnt in life, sometimes the hard way:

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Lesson one. In Thailand, Farang is ALWAYS fair game.

• 1 month later...