Even Major News Picking Up On Tuk Tuks

LivinLOS

I posted a thread on TV a few years ago about a run in I had with the Tuk Tuk slime.Thinking about it now I was lucky. I got away.

I had only been living here a few months and was looking for an address in Patong.I pulled the truck into the kerb to look at directions I had written down.Next thing there is some tw@ banging on the roof shouting "You No Park Here".I put the window down and was telling the fat tw@ where to go and that I was not parking.By this time he had his head in through the open window and was ranting and raving.Out of the corner of my eye I saw another 3 guy's running in our direction.

I thought **** this and put my foot down.The thing was that fatty still had head his inside when I took off,giving him a bit of slap on the head.Now I am thinking what if they had chased me and I had got stuck in traffic.It gave me a good feeling at the time though

Not a trivial slap I trust. :)

was planning on taking family for a couple of weeks vaction. brother was coming from states to join us. we had booked 6 room in a high end resort. after reading about problems for farange there we cancelled. i live in thailand so i know where safer places are. i worked for large food company and when an order of food got screwed up we replaced it and comped them something. thinking was 1 unhappy guest will tell 10 others and they wont buy. i will tell 10 others about cancled phuket vaction and they wont go. bad for business.

was planning on taking family for a couple of weeks vaction. brother was coming from states to join us. we had booked 6 room in a high end resort. after reading about problems for farange there we cancelled. i live in thailand so i know where safer places are. i worked for large food company and when an order of food got screwed up we replaced it and comped them something. thinking was 1 unhappy guest will tell 10 others and they wont buy. i will tell 10 others about cancled phuket vaction and they wont go. bad for business.

I don't really follow that story. You say you live here and know where the safe places are yet you booked a hotel where you deem it not to be safe. Then instead of canceling the hotel and re-booking in one of the safer places you know, you cancel the whole Phuket trip!! Seems like a lot of unnecessary time and money wasted to me.

I posted a thread on TV a few years ago about a run in I had with the Tuk Tuk slime.Thinking about it now I was lucky. I got away.

I had only been living here a few months and was looking for an address in Patong.I pulled the truck into the kerb to look at directions I had written down.Next thing there is some tw@ banging on the roof shouting "You No Park Here".I put the window down and was telling the fat tw@ where to go and that I was not parking.By this time he had his head in through the open window and was ranting and raving.Out of the corner of my eye I saw another 3 guy's running in our direction.

I thought **** this and put my foot down.The thing was that fatty still had head his inside when I took off,giving him a bit of slap on the head.Now I am thinking what if they had chased me and I had got stuck in traffic.It gave me a good feeling at the time though

Shame

You seen the film Snatch!

he winds the window up before driving off

But a good effort though

:)

Hi

Many people here are dependant on the tourists,

Paul

Don’t you think that some of the people/hotel owners and all other people depending on tourist should have gone together loooooong time ago? not that i say it will work but i really think it won’t do any harm.

For me, don’t use them and never will and i don’t go to the places advertised on them

The last point is a very good one I haven't seen mentioned here before. Many tuk-tuks carry advertisements and/or run scams designed to cajole/coerce or even force foreign tourists to certain businesses, many of them foreign owned ones in Patong or Karon.

Edited by phuketsub