Stranger Than Fiction

crusty

I swear the following saga is true ! Five days ago, a friend of mine flew in from Singapore, changed some money at the airport and went to the 4th floor to take a cab. He was met by a tout who directed him to a waiting cab, took his bag and shut it in the boot and drove him to his hotel. It was only after he'd checked in and unpacked his bag, he realised the money he'd changed was missing from his wallet which he'd stuck in the bag. The hotel contacted the airport Tourist Police who told them they will be to see him that evening. My friend was quite surprised that they showed up at all but they sat down and showed him many photographs of Thai males. He quickly recognised his cab driver, and then they all returned to the airport where the police went searching for the suspected driver. They later showed up with the driver and a dwarf, then the police took them all to the cab and opened the boot. In the boot there was the cars lpg gas tank which the police then opened as it was cut in half and had a hinged lid. They then showed how the dwarf laid in the tank waiting until the cab moved off when he was then able to pilfer the bags contents, all the time both the driver and the dwarf were sneering at my pal and making throat cutting gestures. The police then gave him the money he had changed, but instead of the 60 five hundred baht notes, they gave him 30 one thousand baht notes. My friend then asked where the money had come from and they answered "The Police Fund" <deleted> ! :)

this was peaking years ago, they smuggled people into the storage passage of buses(on a daily base and more than one time), full with tourists and when they reached the destination like Surat Thani all valuables were gone, like cameras, documents. money, traveler checks etc..

That time they even were trading quotas for tip offs of which driver/bus/company are into it. Of course the bus had to stop somewhere in the night to unload harvest and the smuggled people.

Edited by elcent

Of course the bus had to stop somewhere in the night to unload harvest and the smuggled people.
No problem, since they change drivers after the half route. (if you go Phuket-Bangkok, they change in Chumpon) Plenty of time for unloading.

"I swear the following saga is true !...In the boot there was the cars lpg gas tank which the police then opened as it was cut in half and had a hinged lid. They then showed how the dwarf laid in the tank waiting until the cab moved off when he was then able to pilfer the bags contents..."

Oh look, our eyes are rolling.