Who Has Had The Best Christmas?

jb4446

Started at 10.30 ,breakfast to break it up,continued at 1.30(something different)after a bit of alternate exercise swimming to be precise followed by a delicous dinner,to be continued at 10 pm by something different again.Wish it was Christmas every bloody day.

Edited by jb4446

The 18 mo. old slept in later than the usual wake up crying for a bottle at 6A; She was perfectly happy to sleep until 8:30A.

So that was a gift. She was born on the 25th of June so maybe she was celebrating her monthly aniversity.

In fact she was in a good mood all day, another gift.

I went to the Bangkok Bank at Central Plaza, RattanaThibet, Nonthaburi determined to walk out of there with online access for my savings account.

I had my Bangkok Bank Bualuang Ibanking application filled out from the advertisement link provided on Thai Visa.

The information in the Bangkok bank add said they were welcoming foreiners with out work permits to be able to use their internet banking.

The BB web site says:

Foreign customers should provide their passport and evidence of a local residential address (not PO Box or Hotel) and please bring the accounts with you that you wish to register

The lovely bank staff member knew nothing of this and sat me down at another table talking to someone at Bualuang Ibanking.

After she put me on hold to consult several times she agreed that my certified and translated letter from US Embassy with my home address satisfies the requirement.

I have a Yellow Tambien Bahn house book in the works and that also would work eventhough they are a bit of a rarity.

So, that was gift.

My wife was happy buying plants and flowers; She's happy, I'm happy. The baby's happy and stayed in the stroller and that was another Gift.

18 mo. old Rose slept while we had lunch and that's a Rare gift.

I watch the gift Santa Pole Dance video clip provided by ThaiVisa and that made me happy and many of my friends in the US thought it was well done and cute; certainly different.

It was a good Christmas Day with the family

Edited by chanwit

My Christmas started at 5 AM - got up and bid farewell to a friend visiting for a few days...

Then I put on my complete Santa Claus costume (hand made by a lovely lady near Saphan Kwai) and headed

over to an International Hospital here in Bangkok and spent 3 magnificent hours visiting the childrens' wards, giving smiles, love, a little candy and cuddly teady bears to little ones too sick to be at home. At the Outpatient Clinic, I was swarmed by some 50-60 delighted children who were all amazed to see Santa right there with them. Lots of hugs, pictures, gifts and smiles later we visited the maternity ward and gave gifts to all the new moms. That was a great start to my Christmas.

Later Santa (I) went to a huge Sports Club on Suk 100 and again brought Christmas cheer, songs, laughter and gifts to some 25 children and their parents, all members of the club. It was a blast!

Finally my friend, visiting from the States, and I lugged a huge bag full of candies to a favorite bar area and spent hours giving little candies out to hundreds of men and women in the whole area.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, this was one of the best Christmases I can ever remember as an adult.

I'm grateful I got to be Santa for so many children and I enjoyed laughing and giving to working folks as well.

seeker

My Christmas started at 5 AM - got up and bid farewell to a friend visiting for a few days...

Then I put on my complete Santa Claus costume (hand made by a lovely lady near Saphan Kwai) and headed

over to an International Hospital here in Bangkok and spent 3 magnificent hours visiting the childrens' wards, giving smiles, love, a little candy and cuddly teady bears to little ones too sick to be at home. At the Outpatient Clinic, I was swarmed by some 50-60 delighted children who were all amazed to see Santa right there with them. Lots of hugs, pictures, gifts and smiles later we visited the maternity ward and gave gifts to all the new moms. That was a great start to my Christmas.

Later Santa (I) went to a huge Sports Club on Suk 100 and again brought Christmas cheer, songs, laughter and gifts to some 25 children and their parents, all members of the club. It was a blast!

Finally my friend, visiting from the States, and I lugged a huge bag full of candies to a favorite bar area and spent hours giving little candies out to hundreds of men and women in the whole area.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, this was one of the best Christmases I can ever remember as an adult.

I'm grateful I got to be Santa for so many children and I enjoyed laughing and giving to working folks as well.

seeker

Well done seeker..... Sounds like you did youreslf as well as others a great service. My best wishes to you and your family for an excellent 2010.

I actually got a holiday to Boracay Island in the Philippines for Christmas!!! Flew out Christmas Day and came back yesterday!!! My most favourite island!! Won't show the photos - don't want jealousy rearing its ugly head.

Happy New Year everyone and lets hope 2010 is the best year ever - in whatever way you want it to be.