Misubishi Pajero / Chevy Captiva

CDNinKS

I got lightening fast repsonses to my emails, though I concede TiT so YMMV

You are right about the response time, sent him an email late last night and the response was here this morning.

Bah, humbug!! I sent email two days ago but no reply yet. :)

I have no clue what you did to get a reply, but my kind requests including a straight forward hint that I actually want to give them some money in return for their products doesn't seem to do it for this company. Considering I have now sent three (3) emails with the same request, this will soon become a contender for the most ignorant company in Bangkok. One more day and I considering myself having earned the right to tell everybody I know that this is company is a bunch of incompetent twa*s that most likely inherited the business or have billions of baht in the bank and simply doesn't give a bleeding shit about customers.

Amateurs.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got lightening fast repsonses to my emails, though I concede TiT so YMMV

You are right about the response time, sent him an email late last night and the response was here this morning.

Bah, humbug!! I sent email two days ago but no reply yet. :)

I have no clue what you did to get a reply, but my kind requests including a straight forward hint that I actually want to give them some money in return for their products doesn't seem to do it for this company. Considering I have now sent three (3) emails with the same request, this will soon become a contender for the most ignorant company in Bangkok. One more day and I considering myself having earned the right to tell everybody I know that this is company is a bunch of incompetent twa*s that most likely inherited the business or have billions of baht in the bank and simply doesn't give a bleeding shit about customers.

Amateurs.

Perhaps you should just call them - there's every chance your email has made it's way to their junk email - they are using Hotmail after all.. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to check your own junk mail folder too.

Perhaps you should just call them - there's every chance your email has made it's way to their junk email - they are using Hotmail after all.. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to check your own junk mail folder too.
To avoid the possibility of just that I sent from THREE different mail accounts the last two times. I very much (110%) doubt my initial email has been marked as spam, and I have no email marked as spam in either of my mailboxes.

This is simply a case of ignorance. Unfortunately.

So, time for a little sweepstake, perhaps!? I guess it will take at least 3 more days before the slackers working for this company to get their asses in gear. Tuesday, in other words. I bet 3 bottles of beer they'll never return my email before tuesday.

Any takers?

Not sure what to tell you Forethat, I transferred the money, sent them another email telling him about the transfer and to call my wife to get the address right and 30 mins later the phone was ringing. They promise to ship on Monday.

Maybe MRO has told them not to answer you, he doesn't want everyone to have the same cool look as him :)

BTW MRO, I ordered the crank guard in white, will post pics of that when I get them installed.

Not sure what to tell you Forethat, I transferred the money, sent them another email telling him about the transfer and to call my wife to get the address right and 30 mins later the phone was ringing. They promise to ship on Monday.

Maybe MRO has told them not to answer you, he doesn't want everyone to have the same cool look as him :)

You're on to something here...! :D

On the other hand, I also realised the website says "Contact Us". It doesn't say anything about them contacting you. My bad.

Received the parts today. As MRO states, pretty straight forward installation. However a few comments.

1) I found that they only supplied 2 of the 3M primer wipes and they dried out faster than I was able to cover the required areas.

2) The rear garnish had no 3M tape supplied at all, luckily I had some high bond 3M tape on hand.

3) The paint, although pearl white, does not match exactly with the Mitsu factory color.

4) The instructions do not show that you need to drill a hole in the rear mud flap to fasten the lower end with the screw.

Other than that, I'm pleased with the result.

Received the parts today. As MRO states, pretty straight forward installation. However a few comments.

1) I found that they only supplied 2 of the 3M primer wipes and they dried out faster than I was able to cover the required areas.

2) The rear garnish had no 3M tape supplied at all, luckily I had some high bond 3M tape on hand.

3) The paint, although pearl white, does not match exactly with the Mitsu factory color.

4) The instructions do not show that you need to drill a hole in the rear mud flap to fasten the lower end with the screw.

Other than that, I'm pleased with the result.

Well., some good and bad news there unfortunately..

1. I also only received 2x primers (one with the skirts, one with the garnish), but didn't have any problems with them drying out - I did mark the areas with a pencil, clean with isopropyl alchohol first, then hit up all of the areas to be primed on one session though. I could imagine it'd evaporate pretty quickly if you approached it on a piece-by-piece basis - perhaps that's what happened?

2. Mine had the 3M tape pre-applied, same as the skirts. strange.

3. There's always going to be a little "luck of the draw" with pre-painted parts. The last time I needed parts painted in Thailand the body shop had some swatch cards with 6 different variations on the factory paint code for the car (Toyota White in that case BTW). The differences were only very slight - in fact both I and the body shop guys had troubles deciding between 3 of the shades in the swatches, so I guess this is always going to be the case.

4. I skipped the drilling bit. Feels rock-solid without it - time will tell though I guess :D

BTW MRO, I ordered the crank guard in white, will post pics of that when I get them installed.

:)

Here ya go MRO......

Thanks CDNinKS :D

Looks great! - I have to concede I prefer the white garnish now :D Might have to proceed with my plan to get the whole rear bumper sprayed and see what difference that makes..

BTW, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore so installed the RaceChip Pro yesterday:

racechippro.jpg

Out of the box the difference was very noticeable - considerably more push as it comes on boost. But then I started reading about the tuning options for it - there's 2 rotary dials you can access by removing the back cover - one for "effeciency", the other for "bandwidth" (the manual while nicely presented, has been translated from German to English fairly poorly). So I started wondering what an extra "1.5 effeciency" would do....

So I added 1.5, then 3.0, then 4.5.. (with a ~10KM test run each time) and I can tell you that after adding an extra 6.0 "effeciency" units, the thing is almost stupidly powerful :)

Even with 6 people in the PJ last night it was pinning us all back in the chairs under accelaration :D I'm still yet to play with the "bandwidth" adjustment, but I'm really hopeful that control will be able to move the powerband down in the rev range a bit - the way it storms into power as it comes on boost at 1,800 RPM or so is a little uncivilized right now... But tons of fun I must admit :D

No black smoke, check engine lights or anything of the sort so far either BTW. So far, so good..

• 1 month later...
Do you have photos of a Pajero with the 5 piece body kit attached. Also where is the vendor and do you have contact details?

Cheers.....

I can't show you it attached to my PJS just yet, because some monks are holding it hostage until this Friday :D

Here's the parts as delievered though (excuse the cell phone photography):

bodykit.jpg

And here's what they'll ultimately look like when fitted (less the 20" wheels, for now :) )

pajerosport05.jpg

pajerosport06.jpg

Note that I chose to have my rear lower garnish match the color of the front one however.

And finally, here's a link to the vendor (who is able to communicate in English quite well BTW):

http://bbt4x4.igetweb.com/index.php?mo=30&id=110577

VERY sweet, i wonder what size(width) and make/model those wheels are?

In europe there used to be a program/manufacturer that allowed you to pick wheels and put them(on pics on your pc) on your car of choice/colour to an get idea of what the would look like...are there any thai sites that do this..eg for the pajero...and not say, the outlander which is a different beast??? :D

Edited by rizla

VERY sweet, i wonder what size(width) and make/model those wheels are?

In europe there used to be a program/manufacturer that allowed you to pick wheels and put them(on pics on your pc) on your car of choice/colour to an get idea of what the would look like...are there any thai sites that do this..eg for the pajero...and not say, the outlander which is a different beast??? :D

Wonder no more then :)

They are Lenso 'Grande 1' 20x8.5" in chrome (brushed alloy and black also available) shod with 265/50R20 Nitto tires.

Here's one of the better websites for big wheels - no on-car modelling though:

http://www.nvyangyont.com/admin/ProductSys...ize.asp?size=20

Hi Guys, Mitsubishi Montero Sport owner from Manila here, (Pajero Sport for you guys out there)...

i'm sure you won't be risking having another Pajero Sport running around with your cool look since I'll be in Manila, was hoping to pick your brains as to the prices of the stick on body kits your trucks have, very nice, I know we have them here as well but I'm thinking they're atrociously expensive here...

could you PM me the prices? Baht is fine i'll do the conversion, and contact numbers? Any interior detail mods available? Lenso rims look nice too... Will be willing to make a trip out there to shop for this stuff..

Thanks in advance and nice trucks, will post pics once I've modded mine...

Cheers!

QUOTE (CDNinKS @ 2010-04-09 16:32:08) Here ya go MRO......

Thanks CDNinKS smile.gif

Looks great! - I have to concede I prefer the white garnish now sad.gif Might have to proceed with my plan to get the whole rear bumper sprayed and see what difference that makes..

BTW, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore so installed the RaceChip Pro yesterday:

racechippro.jpg

Out of the box the difference was very noticeable - considerably more push as it comes on boost. But then I started reading about the tuning options for it - there's 2 rotary dials you can access by removing the back cover - one for "effeciency", the other for "bandwidth" (the manual while nicely presented, has been translated from German to English fairly poorly). So I started wondering what an extra "1.5 effeciency" would do....

So I added 1.5, then 3.0, then 4.5.. (with a ~10KM test run each time) and I can tell you that after adding an extra 6.0 "effeciency" units, the thing is almost stupidly powerful wacko.gif

Even with 6 people in the PJ last night it was pinning us all back in the chairs under accelaration smile.gif I'm still yet to play with the "bandwidth" adjustment, but I'm really hopeful that control will be able to move the powerband down in the rev range a bit - the way it storms into power as it comes on boost at 1,800 RPM or so is a little uncivilized right now... But tons of fun I must admit smile.gif

No black smoke, check engine lights or anything of the sort so far either BTW. So far, so good..

How much for this Chip? Obviously this will void all kinds of warranties, wouldn't it? Is it designed to improve performance or fuel consumption, or both?

Appreciate Price and contact details MRO, including your site for Aussie Side Body Kits...

Again, I'm in Manila... thanks

How much for this Chip? Obviously this will void all kinds of warranties, wouldn't it? Is it designed to improve performance or fuel consumption, or both?

Chip vendor website with details and pricing here: www.racechip.de

As for warranties, what Mitsubishi don't know won't hurt them :)

That's the great thing about ECU piggybacks like this - it's 5 mins to fit, 5 mins to remove again.

Appreciate Price and contact details MRO, including your site for Aussie Side Body Kits...

If you're referring to the side protection moldings on the doors, that's now available as a genuine Mitsubishi part from the Triton Plus model - there's no-one selling them online so you'll have to inquire with your dealer to see if it's available in PH.

If that doesn't work, the side moldings from to Toyota Altis are a good fit on the PJS, but include a chrome strip which you may or may not like - this has been a common option amongst Thai Pajero Sport owners.

Last question: I went to the site, but can't see Pajero Sport or Montero Sport, did you just get the Pajero 2.5 Chip?

Just choose the Triton or L200 model that matches the capacity and horsepower of your Pajero/Montero Sport - that's all you'll need to insure you get the correct wiring harness and default settings on the chip module.

copy that, pricey for sure so i'm thinkin about it... wouldn't mind a boost in power though...you bought it thru the site?

Yes. I had to jump through some hoops because they only accept PayPal (no direct credit card payments), but delivery was only a few days and the product is what they say it is :)

And yes, the price isn't exactly peanuts, but it is still the cheapest (respected) piggyback that I'm aware of, and if you talk about $ per horsepower it's the cheapest upgrade you'll ever have.. heh.

copy that, pricey for sure so i'm thinkin about it... wouldn't mind a boost in power though...you bought it thru the site?

Yes. I had to jump through some hoops because they only accept PayPal (no direct credit card payments), but delivery was only a few days and the product is what they say it is :)

And yes, the price isn't exactly peanuts, but it is still the cheapest (respected) piggyback that I'm aware of, and if you talk about $ per horsepower it's the cheapest upgrade you'll ever have.. heh.

Just about to receive a new Pajero Sport engine is 2.5. Would you advise for me to purchase the Race Chip @ 129 eur or the Race Chip Pro @ 229 eur.

Have never fitted one of these items before, so would be interested in your opinion

Just about to receive a new Pajero Sport engine is 2.5. Would you advise for me to purchase the Race Chip @ 129 eur or the Race Chip Pro @ 229 eur.

Have never fitted one of these items before, so would be interested in your opinion

There is a guy selling Racechip in Thailand. Search my thread or perhaps one of the guys who has used him will come on board with the info for you. :)

Thaihog has purchased and used both versions, so would be the best person to ask - he may still have one for sale as well..

• 5 weeks later...

post-104895-074016700 1278918004_thumb.jI had my black trim up front and rear bumper painted body color, also installed a rear spoiler, not much of a "Mod" but I like it!

cheap here in Manila!

anybody know where in thailand I can get ready cut trim stickers for Pajero sport, particularly wood grain or carbon fibre? Thanks

post-104895-056466800 1278917894_thumb.j

post-104895-006103200 1278917948_thumb.j

post-104895-074016700 1278918004_thumb.j

post-104895-050719700 1278918065_thumb.j

]I had my black trim up front and rear bumper painted body color, also installed a rear spoiler, not much of a "Mod" but I like it!

cheap here in Manila!

anybody know where in thailand I can get ready cut trim stickers for Pajero sport, particularly wood grain or carbon fibre? Thanks

Looking good :)

This place does real carbon and woodgrain kits, but they're full replacements not just stickers: http://www.fulloptionrealwood.com

post-104895-050719700 1278918065_thumb.j

Thanks for this pic - that's exactly what I need to get my side protection moldings installed in the correct location/height :) I've been looking for a direct side-on pic of these for the past 2 days!