U.s. Bound Travellers -- More Headaches!

Jingthing

Clearly the next thing down the pike will be those naked view scanners. I don't really mind as I know there are much worse and much better bodies out there. So I won't be arousing the inspectors nor will I likely be the first vomit inducer of the day. However, what's next? Will those naked view scanners catch explosives stuck up the bum or lady hoohah? If not, will the next indignity be cavity searches for all after the first time some terrorist tries that?

Edited by Jingthing

This proposed "lock down" one hour before landing doesnt make sense, surely if a nutter wanted to down an aircraft he could do it at any time not just on final appeoach !!!!

I suppose they wanted to do it over a USA city for the videos it would bring about of the plane falling and killing even more people on the ground. Much greater terrorism effect than somewhere over the ocean or unpopulated area.

The Nigerian bad guy bought his ticket with cash. Not at the gate, but four days earlier. I think many expats in Thailand buy their air tickets with cash as well. I do. It saves on getting raped with credit card currency conversion fees. Sorry to say, this is likely to greatly increase the chance of being selected for special treatment at the airport.

Edited by Jingthing

Clearly the next thing down the pike will be those naked view scanners. I don't really mind as I know there are much worse and much better bodies out there. So I won't be arousing the inspectors nor will I likely be the first vomit inducer of the day. However, what's next? Will those naked view scanners catch explosives stuck up the bum or lady hoohah? If not, will the next indignity be cavity searches for all after the first time some terrorist tries that?

OMG, I was just speculating, but it turns out I was right.

So what's next?

Critics say expanding the use of the machines (FULL BODY SCANNERS -JT) is something of a knee-jerk reaction.

And, experts say, explosives can go undetected even in a full-body screening if potential terrorists conceal them in body cavities.

"It's definitely not a silver bullet," Carafano said. "There's a way to beat it. It's called a 'booty bomb,' where you actually insert the explosive inside the human being and then you detonate the explosive with a cellphone."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0010301826.html