Money worries

Ozzie_guy

Could anyone advise me of the best way to transfer money or exchange money in Thailand for the best exchange rate, I have previously transfered money via bank exchange and find that the exchange rates diminish by the time it arrives in the prescribed account , are there better deals around and are there better exchange rates than that quotes by standard exchange references even by dealing in large bills, by the way Iam exchanging Australian dollars on a Condinium in Pattaya  :o

not being an expert or anything... this is just an idea

what about getting an account with a bank which has branches everywhere... ie. australia and thailand

the one that comes to mind is the HSBC I know they have branches in australia and in thailand...though I wouldn t suggest you open your account at the thai branch... I went to see them and found them to be a bit sad.... maybe fly to singapore and do it there......my dad worked around this area for 30 years..based in singapore..and he swears by the HSBC... he now lives on the gold coast and they have a local branch there

Ok cool answer , like it , thanks Stumonster and Rambutan, citi bank sounds Ok I have just checked it out and a Line of credit will suffice payed in $aust into Australian account and drawn in Thai Bank without fees , I like it the way it works is I have a LOC for $a80K and once drawn in Thailand I transfer whatever I withdrew back into it with 6.5% however with an instant payment back in this is negligable  

..Tnx Again :o