Wheelchair For Hire?

baabaabobo

Parents visiting over New Year and my mum is disabled. They arrive with a light fold up wheelchair and I thought it would be easy enough to rent a self propelled (big wheel) one while they are here. Both International hospitals have told me they do not have such a service. Does anyone know where I could rent one for a month?

As wheelchair user it is very unlikely you will be able to hire a scooter or electric wheelchar in THailand. If you can it is very very difficult to use one as there are no kerb ramps or ramps into buildings that are made for power chairs though some have ramps that can be used by manual chairs with assistance. If you insist on bring one all airlines carry a wheelchair (including a power one free) so it may be better to bring their chair and buy or hire a manual one here. You will find that everyone will help with manual chairs...busses taxis resturaunts or just people on the street. With an electric chair you mustdrive on the road with traffic...not to be advised unless you are very used to asia.