Welcome To New Members - 2553/2010

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all, looking forward to learning more about LOS from this forum. November 2010 trip there to research for retirement relocation. Leaning towards Chiang Mai but we'll see. Living in Vegas for last 30 years, last 6 with wonderful Thai wife.

Welcome! I'm from Las Vegas also...my mother now lives in Pahrump. Where I will be in about 4 days. Bummer! I'm not looking forward to the cold weather. Plenty of experienced folks here who can for sure answer your questions about where to live. We went through that last year and now live here full time.

Again, welcome!

Hi everyone

Ive been reading posts for a few days now and finally plucked up the courage to join and say hello.

Live in UK with my thai wife of 4 years, but shes been encouraging me to change my life (however, she loves the UK weather, including this years snow :bah: ).

So, any pointers on visa's (gosh i cant get my head round these) and career changing employment would be most welcome, so i could perhaps move to LOS.

Happy to struggle and work hard (love it infact) and as the big 50 approaches in a few years :ermm: like to be happy and not rich!!

Kindest regards all

luv2bexpat

Welcome! This is the best site for visa advise for sure! :D

Try the "Thai visas, residency and work permits" sub forum for help with this. Post a specific question and I know plenty of TV members will reply with help. Regarding employment, try the "Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments Subforum".

Welcome aboard and best of luck!

Hi! My name is Chelsea. I'm eighteen years old, and I just moved to Pattaya from the southeastern United States. I'll be attending university in Bangkok next year (majoring in new media communication), but for now, I'm trying to get to know this lovely (but too warm! :-P) place. I live with my father and his girlfriend, but they each work during the week, and so I'm usually left to my own devices. Meeting some fellow farangs around my age, or slightly older, would be awesome, as would recommendations on places that might be of interest to someone on a tight budget. Thanks in advance!

Hi my name is Brian.

I've already posted 2 threads, and hadnt seen this one.

This looks a great site. My move to Thailand is 6 months away which is both daunting and exciting.

Sorting the wheat from the chaff is proving a task and a half in terms of the 'right' visa, banking etc.

I'm sure I'll cope mind.

Edited by makkam

Welcome Chelsea and Brian!

Chelsea: You might also try lonelyplanet.com. More oriented towards younger backpackers, but I have read some posts from young people who are located here in Thailand.

Brian: I moved to Thailand about a year ago. I found this site invaluable. Don't hesitate to post "dumb" questions. You might get "dumb" replies, but many will help. Jump in, get educated on Thailand, and have fun!

Welcome Chelsea and Brian!

Chelsea: You might also try lonelyplanet.com. More oriented towards younger backpackers, but I have read some posts from young people who are located here in Thailand.

Brian: I moved to Thailand about a year ago. I found this site invaluable. Don't hesitate to post "dumb" questions. You might get "dumb" replies, but many will help. Jump in, get educated on Thailand, and have fun!

Cheers Craig

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and glad to be part of this forum. Hope to learn a lot and enjoy my stay here. smile.gif

Shirley

Welcome also! are you in Thailand for a tour or to live, work etc.?? is this your first time here?...

you can learn a lot here with many positive posts and many negative posts. One thing I can

reccomend is to have a very open mind!. Don't try to understand too much. If you are a pragmatic and logical thinker, you may have a few problems adjusting to life in LOS. good luck! and welcome. I am also a fairly new member to this forum and most of my posts are just my experiences with a few advices for others. After all we all are here to learn or listen...good luck to you!!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick hello,I've been living in Thailand for the last 4 years.

I've been a member of other pattaya forums but got so bored with the <deleted> and bullshit on them I thought I'd come here and see if it's any more interesting and informative than the other pattaya based forums.

Hopefully it will be ?

So hopefully your not going to continue posting your <deleted> and bullshit on here then.

post-101635-0-50843100-1299779222_thumb.