Wood Burning Stove

petergawin

I live in the North of Thailand, on a mountain, it is very hot daytime but the night brings a very cold temperature. I am looking for a wood burning stove, as we have an abundance of old trees on our land.

Failing that does anyone have an idea for heating? ( only required for 2 months every year)

A decent welding shop can put a heating stove together using plate metal with a hinged door and a air duct below the loading door. The flu and stove pipe may be a problem to source but if you work backwards, get the latter first and have the stove built. Good pipe with flu could be ordered from outside (let customs figure that out). A piece of conductor pipe (size you want ) lined with fire brick on bottom and wall with loading door cut on top plate works great, even for making coffee the old fashioned way.

Please pick something that does not help contribute to the already bad air pollution. Many cities in the US have banned wood burning stoves....wish they would ban slash and burn over here...the skies are horrible right now....

I've thought about this myself. I haven't got round to it yet.

When its Cold in a morning & evening we generaly sit around an open fire in the Garden as do most of our neighbours.

We Burn our own Wood which has grown on our land . Carbon Neutral :) And very little smoke if the woods well seasoned (unlike our neigbours) :D

I have a good supply of Charcoal from this practice also.

Some of the nice Houses in the Mountains appear to have a Chimney, So I suspect an open fire place for woodburning also.

• 1 month later...