Whats Missing From Samui

I figure I'd ask this question not only for feedback but curious to know what your answers are.

Is there anything on samui that we don't have, that we need to see brought to the island??

We already have a

Mcdonalds

Starbucks

Major Cineplex

Tesco, Makro, Big C

Bowling

Spas

Airport

Internet

Cable

Slowly but surely improving road

Car dealerships

Hospitals

Bar girls

Restaurants

Apartments

You get my point now

look forward to all your answers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the a start, i would have to say people with any sort of brain. :)

After that, there is so much missing ....

Good shopping centre

Non racist locals

Boats that go to the mainland later than 7 pm

Contract killers who we can pay to kill all the taxi metre drivers !

Good TV ... UBC seems to just be getting worse and worse.

There are so many things missing from here it would take years to list them all but this is a start for you. :D

Post's 2 - 5 got the point!

Maybe a few more traffic lights, and speed restrictions, in general more road safety controls, safety checks!

Some stunts the Minibus drivers perform are breathtakingly irresponsible!

Enforcement of the NO mobile phone use while driving!

andyandythai

have news for you regarding the sizzler, although to be honest the leasing and contracting the place are still in negotations. Heres what I Know. My friends wife actual works for minor ( minor is the company that has the pizzy company, anantara hotels, dealing with sizzler, etc ) anyways I was told by her they had actually contacted 1 place in chaweng. Its the shop across from khaosan bakery that 3 story building that sells clothes and t-shirts. But like I said negotations are still ongoing hope helps

Reliable public transportation (middle of the day, ring road in Bophut sometimes 20-30 minutes before a songthaew or taxi bike passes).

Maybe a free (or cheap) tourist shuttle running every hour with routes something like Chaweng-Lamai, Fisherman's Village-Bangrak-Chaweng, FV-Chaweng, etc. The local transport "mafia" would certainly have a problem with it.

Decent music concerts. (Sure, the superstars wouldn't come to such a small place but there are hundreds of formerly famous acts out there touring around and playing a gig on the tropical island of Koh Samui could be a draw for them)

A car ferry Samui - Phangan

Better yet a bridge! :D

A chunnel with a railroad would be better; it can be connected to the railroad system on Samui with connection to the chunnel to the mainland.

Would increase the house prices :)

LaoPo

A car ferry Samui - Phangan

Better yet a bridge! :D

A chunnel with a railroad would be better; it can be connected to the railroad system on Samui with connection to the chunnel to the mainland.

Would increase the house prices :)

LaoPo

You mean connected to the light rail system( Monorail ), that will be running around Chaweng & lake road & circumnavigate the island via the coast?

andyandythai

have news for you regarding the sizzler, although to be honest the leasing and contracting the place are still in negotations. Heres what I Know. My friends wife actual works for minor ( minor is the company that has the pizzy company, anantara hotels, dealing with sizzler, etc ) anyways I was told by her they had actually contacted 1 place in chaweng. Its the shop across from khaosan bakery that 3 story building that sells clothes and t-shirts. But like I said negotations are still ongoing hope helps

Thanks thats great news if it comes off....

decent, regulated public transport

Agree, the biggest problem of Samui is the mess on the transport system.

Taxi no meter, songtae cheap but going where they like at time they like.

Airport only flight to bangkok....there was a very good alternative, Firefly to penang and they moved it to Subang, useelss place and double the price.

Forgot, last boat at 6pm, no way...............

Edited by kosh

English public school.

Forbidden noise pollution (tonight tonight superfight etc.)

Constant water pressure . (maybe pipeline to mainland)

Real newspaper.

Hazardous waste recycling. (small batteries, cell phones etc.)

Taco bell.

Chesters grill.

German microbrewery. (come on, must be one German on the Island that can make beer).

COVERED SEWAGE.

WORKING LAMPPOSTS, especially Chaweng-Lamai

ohhh, almost forgot mud wrestling. :)