Ctizens Arrest Of A Copper

sharecropper

I'm only being half flippant, but I would like to know how to, what would happen if you tried to, stop one of the fat sweaty crash helmet-less coppers frequently seen riding around on their motorbikes in town, and if you tried to detain them while calling loudly for police assistance!

I mean, I'm only worried about their safety on the mean streets of Pattaya, not their outrageous double standards.

And what would happen if you went into Soi 9 with a digital camera with a photograph of one riding their motorbike without a helmet wishing to make an official complaint?

Would the Foreign Tourist Police stationed down there care to comment on the correct procedure?

I think we should be told.

don't think not wearing a helmet is an arrestable offence so it would have to be something else like a serious assault theft attempetd theft muder or attempted murder or even drunk driving, the provision for arrest is much the same in any country, there would need to be something pretty serious going on for a member of the public to perform such an act.

Guess you could try and ask him for 200 Baht not to report him. :)

What a great idea!

Maybe I should organise a Thai Visa whip-round for prize money, and a plane ticket out of here, with Howard driving my getaway car to the airport for protection, so he can get an exclusive interview (to be paid for of course).

What a great idea!

Maybe I should organise a Thai Visa whip-round for prize money, and a plane ticket out of here, with Howard driving my getaway car to the airport for protection, so he can get an exclusive interview (to be paid for of course).

You give it to me for free and I will make sure you can clear passport control :D

What a great idea!

You give it to me for free and I will make sure you can clear passport control :D

Er thanks. I'll just check what Niels will offer and come back to you.

Nothing beats a bidding war with the media.