New: Chiang Rai Weather Forecasts

george

What's the source of Thaivisa's information about the weather?

A big challenge for the Thai Metereological Department, that's for sure... :D

I suppose that the source of the Thai Metereological Department is, yes, what else, the combined information of

all the weather stations of the Thai Metereological Department.

The first three days the TMD predicts only 1 degree more than Thaivisa during the daytime (29 versus 28).

(Thaivisa doesn't inform about night temperatures)

Thursday will be interesting as the TMD predicts exactly the same weather as the first three days, where Thaivisa

expects it to be a firm 8 degrees colder (29 versus 21).

Thaivisa further suggests us not to forget our umbrella's Thursday to keep it dry.

Ok, a one day's result can not be considered a litmus test, but I am curious.

The TMD doesn't go further than Friday this week and has a similar prediction for each day,

which is unusual, not to say rather strange. Wet finger in the air this time, because of the holidays?

I suppose this is only an experiment for Thaivisa as the official side of the TMD also informs us also about

the current temperature (this morning at 7.00 it was 12 degree C), the minimum temperature, dew point,

relative humidity, wind, clouds, visibility (hurra! Still the full 15 km again!), pressure, amount of rainfall

during the last three hours, time of tomorrow's sunrise, today's sunset, yesterday's max temperature,

this mornings minumum temperature (this morning 11,3 C) and some other things like weather radars,

satellite images, weather maps and some magical mysteries I never heard about: NWP Model? GIS?

Ok, and then also some smaller stuff like warning news, storm trackers and earthquake reports.

Exciting to see how an in this field completely new weather forecast site will compete with the big national

one, that has all the facilities, the networks and so on.

The official Thai website has of course the advantage of not being commercial (no advertising) and another

strong point is the ease which one can switch to other regions

Good luck with it, it will take a lot of time and effort!

Limbo :)

I like Wunderground.com better.

That's indeed a very nice one too.

It predicts chances for rain during Wednesday night.

So far we have the following predictions for Thursday during the day:

Thaivisa . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21 degree Celsius and rain

Thai Metereological Department . . 29 . . . . . . . . . . . no rain

Wunderground. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28. . . . . . . . . . . no rain

Limbo :)

The official Thai website has of course the advantage of not being commercial (no advertising) and another

strong point is the ease which one can switch to other regions

Good luck with it, it will take a lot of time and effort!

Limbo :D

Hey Limbo,

Can you give the link please! I had it before but it doesn´t work anymore!

This was the absolute best weathersite I have seen (and many with me) with radarpics, satelitepics and a lot of statistics!

Thanks !

:D:):D

Hey Limbo,

Can you give the link please! I had it before but it doesn´t work anymore!

This was the absolute best weathersite I have seen (and many with me) with radarpics, satelitepics and a lot of statistics!

Thanks !

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=1

If you want to go to other provinces and areas just click on 'Thai Metereological Department' in the title of the page.

Good luck and for you as a 'farmer' they even have specific information.

Some Swedish snow pictures. Just an average street (Roslagsgatan) in Stockholm and the other of the Chulalongkorn paviljon

in Ragunda, Utanede.

(the place Rama V visited in 1897 on the 19th of July).

. . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-1262673858_thumb.jpgpost-6305-1262674109_thumb.jpg

The real time weather program we use at the station is Weather Watcher live. Sits in your system tray or you can pop up a window. and gives you all the info you could ever want plus current, hourly, daily etc. We also have it linked in to our Radio automation software to give real time Temperature and humidity readouts during the hour. We also have weather 2 times an hour at 1/4 after and 1/4 to the hour on our radio stream.

http://singerscreations.com

Limbo! Thanks for the link!

Thaivisa further suggests us not to forget our umbrella's Thursday to keep it dry.

They were right, it just started raining here outside my house 8 minutes ago but it has already stopped! :D

As long as it not starts snowing.... :D