Emerites Airlines

mickeymx

I'm buying a yearly return ticket from Australia to Bangkok this week and because of the time of year they are quite expensive naturally, quantas,singapore,malayasian, are all around au$1890, but i found an Emerites flight for au$1360, has anyone flow'n with them and are they safe to fly !!! Cheers

I used to fly them all the time but I have now switched to Etihad because they are cheaper and I think better, especially as Emirates really dick me around with advanced bookings, and they put their prices up so much, and there are often long layovers in Dubai. I have a gold card with them (Emirates), I flew them so much last year - in Economy, but now I would choose Etihad over them every time.

Qantas is always over priced, one of their planes ran of the end of the runway in BKK during a heavy downpour. Reason it crashed was the pilots where not allowed to use reverse thrust to save fuel and the wheels skidded on the wet runway when braking.

Emirates is one of the best airlines when it comes to planes and entertainment. Fear not!

As a gold card member, i have no issues with a longer stopover. But you might want to a) enjoy the buffet and :) have difficulties finding a free reclining seat for the night.

Fur such a difference in price, you won't regret your choice.

Chris

I fly with Emirites at lest 8 long haul every year, there OK don't have any complates, but having read one of the posts i may try Etihad.

Emirates are my airline of choice, new equipment not sure if they use A380 on Oz -BKK route. Any airline is only as good as your last flight but I have never had any reason not to use them!

TBWG :)

I've flown with both Emirates and Etihad from Bangkok to the UK via the Middle East and both airlines are fine.

For aircraft (airbus) and on board service it's difficult to split them as they both offer a good service but the deciding factor for me is that even though Emirates is more expensive they have the advantage of flying into one of the best airports in the world at Dubai.

I've never experienced any delays with them but last year on both legs 50% of the video screens failed.

I’ve had a couple of long delays with Etihad like three years ago after our aircraft failed to show at Bangkok due to that old favorite "technical reasons".

After 5 long boring hours stuck at Bangkok airport we eventually flew to Abu Dhabi then boarded a flight to Germany and from there another flight to Manchester.

Along with 30 other passengers I was not best pleased arriving at Manchester 5 hours down on the scheduled journey time.

The up side was I was asked to take charge of the passenger list and present it to each airline as we boarded and for that I was upgraded.

My money is on Emirates.

been flying u.k. to thailand for the last 11 years. first came over like alot of farang as a tourist on a package tour flying b.airways and quantas on return. i would never use b.airways again because of value for your money. quantas, well i wont go there.

a friend advised me to try out emirates and maybe like some people might of thought at the time, they might be a bit exspensive. not at all! great value for money. good food, good inflight entertainment(movies, music, games consoles, etc) pleasant, polite and helpful check in, and cabin crew staff. plus i dont mind stopovers(connecting flights) dubai airport is worth a look.

then about 4 years ago i was curious to compare the difference between etihad and emirates. had heard goods things said about eithad and at the time the 2 airlines where having a price war. just as good! although i will say this. i found the bangkok check in and boarding staff usless and unhelpful.(dont seen to understand to concept of representing a wealthy arab state airline) and the kind of service their employers would expect their staff to treat customers with.

since then after trying them out once more, on the basis of cost, same problem. i have been flying back and forth london/bangkok via dubai.

my wife who is thai, the first time she went to england 8 years ago, was i suppose a bit wary.the usual kind of reaction and reservations about flying on an arab airline. the mothers dismay to me for not choosing to fly her daughter on thai airways. the friends who said why do you want to fly emirates, i know someone who can get you a good deal on eva air. shes been flying with me, on emirates ever since and loves it.

one thing i would like to say about thai airways. i have flown them both domestically and on international flights. just because a couple of newspaper journalists about a decade ago voted them as one of the worlds best airlines, doesnt mean they are now. they have been creaming this smooth as silk thing for too long. its time they bucked up their ideas, stop moaning, and expecting the thai goverment to bail them out, just because they are the national flag carrier airline, doesnt count for anything in the dog eat dog world of travel and value for money.

hope you have a pleasant flight.

Emirates have recently rejigged their frequent flyer programme so that those of us who buy from bucket shops (consolidators) suddenly find that the frequent flyer miles we can earn have been reduced by anything up to 50%. Mind you they've also jacked up Economy baggage allowance from 20kg to 30kg on the UK-BKK run. I shall be looking at the competition a little more closely next time.

Been travelling to Thailand from UK three times per year for the past twelve years

That time has gone quick - however

Agree about Thai airways - I'm sure they still have the same planes that I used in 1997/8

Etihad is great but they now only fly from Heathrow - and Gatwick is so much better for me

My last trip in Oct 09 Emirates from Gatwick - and very pleased with the check in/transfer/plane etc.

Also gave me the first flight with the A380

Looking forward to being with them again in Feb

Emirates have recently rejigged their frequent flyer programme so that those of us who buy from bucket shops (consolidators) suddenly find that the frequent flyer miles we can earn have been reduced by anything up to 50%. Mind you they've also jacked up Economy baggage allowance from 20kg to 30kg on the UK-BKK run. I shall be looking at the competition a little more closely next time.

Thanks. hadn't heard that. I'd better go and see how it affects mine.

I used to fly them all the time but I have now switched to Etihad because they are cheaper and I think better, especially as Emirates really dick me around with advanced bookings, and they put their prices up so much, and there are often long layovers in Dubai. I have a gold card with them (Emirates), I flew them so much last year - in Economy, but now I would choose Etihad over them every time.

Are they safe to fly? You would soon know if they weren't :)

Emirate used to be one of the best around but they've slipped a bit with the new competition from Etihad and Qatar.

Still very good though.

My sister is coming to Thailand for a holiday, around May time, I gave here 3 airlines to try: Emirates, Etihad and Qatar.

She found this from Etihad, around 250 GBP cheaper then Emirates.

I know price is not everything..... But if you on a buget, Looks good to me, For two people!

Hi there found a flight on this airline 10th May 9.10 from heathrow arrive Abudhabi 19.15 leave 21.55 to suvanabhumi arrive 7.15

Return 8.45 on the 24th May to abu dhabi 11.50 on to heathrow at 13.30 arrive 18.15 Total £856.40

How does that sound?

How do's this price look?

Emirate used to be one of the best around but they've slipped a bit with the new competition from Etihad and Qatar.

Still very good though.

My sister is coming to Thailand for a holiday, around May time, I gave here 3 airlines to try: Emirates, Etihad and Qatar.

She found this from Etihad, around 250 GBP cheaper then Emirates.

I know price is not everything..... But if you on a buget, Looks good to me, For two people!

Hi there found a flight on this airline 10th May 9.10 from heathrow arrive Abudhabi 19.15 leave 21.55 to suvanabhumi arrive 7.15

Return 8.45 on the 24th May to abu dhabi 11.50 on to heathrow at 13.30 arrive 18.15 Total £856.40

How does that sound?

How do's this price look?

For fare comparisons use www.kayak.co.uk

Edited by endure

Ive done about 8 return journeys a year for the last 4 years from London to BKK - tried them all except Jet.

The more you fly to LoS the more you realise that it's best to get a good value flight and go to sleep - do not worry too much about all the finer points of whether the stewardesses are grovelling enough. Use a comparison site and get the cheapest on your day of choice unless you have a particular downer on that airline, as I do at the prospect of ghanging flights in an Indian airport (loved India as a student 40 years ago - now charmless).

If I was to pick any one standout airline it would be Emirates. Unfortunately they know they are good and are typically £100 to £150 more expensive than competitors nowadays. I can do without the extensive in-flight entertainment, the kudos of flying A380s (takes an annoyingly long time to unload the cattle anyway), the slightly nicer food and the nice touch real cutlery on the non-London leg for that kind of money.

Edited by SantiSuk

Qantas is always over priced, one of their planes ran of the end of the runway in BKK during a heavy downpour. Reason it crashed was the pilots where not allowed to use reverse thrust to save fuel and the wheels skidded on the wet runway when braking.

That happened 11 years ago! http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0UB...15/ai_74294022/

That happened 11 years ago! http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0UB...15/ai_74294022/

Yes it was 11 years ago but it did happen. I wonder what they get up to these days to cut costs.