Non O Extension Catch 22

Hello guys, I have a Non-Imm O based on marriage which will expire on 10th Jan. I had planned to get it extended by a year this week but my wife is abroad with our son and is not able to return in time to come for the "interview" - she has written a letter for them to confirm everything but the Immigration main office says that cannot be accepted. I guess it might be at the Immigration Officer's descretion, but really what are my chances of getting this extended, with all the right documentation, alone? At the moment I don't think it's worth trying (particularly because I'll have to get the 2000 baht letter to prove income from the Brit Embassy, which may well be a waste).

I could let the visa expire as I am staying until 2nd Feb, back to UK for a month, then back to Thailand. If I do this am I right in thinking I can only get a 7 day visa from immigration, 14 days if I travel out/in overland, or 30 days if I travel out/in by air?

Your Wife has to be there to sign the affidavit.

Correct 7 days from Immigration at the most.

15 Days by land. 30 days by air.

There is a provision for a 60 day extension to visit your Wife. As She is not in Thailand that is probably a non starter.

Guys, a surprising outcome here which may well be very useful for some.

Non 0 extension was about to expire, went to immigration to just get a 7 day visa because other half is out of the country, but the officer asked me why I was only applying for 7 days when I could have 2 months. I was pleasantly surprised. She told me to just provide a map of current condo, photocopy of wife's ID, photocopy of marriage cert and that's it. No bank statement, no originals. 2 month extension done.

Suspect you had a lucky day, because it is usual requirement for the wife to attend immigration with you. Financial documents are not required for 60 day extension, but are for the 12 month extension. But a good final outcome for you in any event.

This was a case where they had full paperwork from wife as he had an extension of stay so expect they were able to justify it on that basis (knowing the couple - although the visa extension for 60 days is to visit the non present wife so could have easily be refused).

I need to renew my Non O in Feb but don't want to go to K.L as it's Chinese New Tear time so am I right in thinking I can get a 60 day extension from local immigration in Korat, just take the usual paperwork with me.

Would I need to wait a couple days before or could I renew get it maybe one month before.

Thanks,