Thai Girl Monthly Allowance

david1

The Good Doctor wrote:

Why not stay in Vancouver then Alex ?
Because the profit margins went south. :D

JaiDee wrote

Interesting... a control issue hey? Any other examples, or is it just related to money?

It's the usual wife stuff. Money. Alleged...sex with other people... :o , etc, etc. :D

I would suggest however, that your particular case is rare with Thai women in a true loving relationship... all the couples I know do not have the same problems... your's may be an isolated case. 
It's pretty rare as 75% of the farangs married to Thai ladies are lapdogs who put their wife on an 'allowance' to head off what I get. :D
Anyone else out there with a control freak for a spouse? 

Almost every guy with a Thai spouse I suspect :D ; some ladies can just hide it better than others, but I'd wager most are doing a slow burn inside over something they wish they could control.

meadish_sweatball wrote:

Now that I understand more about your situation I also start to understand more of your previous posts. I would have been out the door yesterday.

There are kids involved and I don't believe the grass is any greener elsewhere.

I likewise cringe when I hear guys whine about how they have to put their wife on an allowance to buy peace; or how their wife refuses to take it in the ass. :D

On second thought, I have very little to complain about me wife. :D

Bedrudgingly, as it's out 7 year anniversary tomorrow...I'll say it.

She's a pretty good kid. :D

IA

PS. Can you imagine what it would be like being married to me? Let's keep things in perspective... :D

Edited by IsaanAlex

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope to bring my girl out here soon....when I do I will not pay her an allowance....I will pay the bills and give her the rest....with that money she will have to feed us and cater for our everyday needs as well as put aside for ongoing bills such as Elec and gas and the Visa card.

Why would I do this crazy thing when she hasnt a clue of the cost of living here....because that is the Thai way...it is traditionally the womens role in the household to control the day to day finances. By not allowing this to happen you are going against what she has been brought up to do. It is part of their nesting instinct. If she stuffs up, I will be there for guidance and not chastisement.

It amazes me that this an issue at all.....at least ninety percent of my friends with Aussie wives do exactly the same thing.

:o:D:D

Why would I do this crazy thing when she hasnt a clue of the cost of living here....because that is the Thai way...it is traditionally the womens role in the household to control the day to day finances.

If she's from Isaan you best stop working, develop a drinking and gambling problem and smack her out regularly, if we want to keep it real, i.e. 'traditional'

Oh, and don't forget to get kitted out with a mea noi. :D

IA

PS. Where are all the guys creeping out of ...that think Thailand is like the Lonely Planet guide says it is; how long have some of you spent in Thailand and/or mixing with real Thai people? :o

IA

PS. Where are all the guys creeping out of ...that think Thailand is like the Lonely Planet guide says it is; how long have some of you spent in Thailand and/or mixing with real Thai people?  :o

After nearly 12 years of travelling there...having been married to a Thai and learning from my mistakes......

BTW... I have never read LP.....can you inform me what it is about ?? Is it a SF book about aliens ???

BTWA....not an Isaan girl....BKK born and bred...

Why would I do this crazy thing when she hasnt a clue of the cost of living here....because that is the Thai way...it is traditionally the womens role in the household to control the day to day finances.

If she's from Isaan you best stop working, develop a drinking and gambling problem and smack her out regularly, if we want to keep it real, i.e. 'traditional'

:o Right, it seems that the prejudices some/most of the Bangkok Thai people have against the Isaan people can easily be transmitted to some farang people...

gburns57au wrote:

After nearly 12 years of travelling there...having been married to a Thai and learning from my mistakes......

BTW... I have never read LP.....can you inform me what it is about ?? Is it a SF book about aliens ???

Erm, I literally just have to look out my front window to see the the kind of things that I mentioned. Or talk to almost any farang that lives here. Or Thai that's being honest...

And I was referring to the guide book that, like most, slips into cliches like "Thais are tolerant, gentle buddhists with gentle hearts who make merit daily, blah, blah, blah"

And I suspect that Bangkok and Isaan are a bit different; in degree rather than in kind though. :o

The Pheonix wrote:

Right, it seems that the prejudices some/most of the Bangkok Thai people have against the Isaan people can easily be transmitted to some farang people...

How long would it takes a Thai to move to North America and think that blacks are a dangerous and criminal class, when compared to everyone else. Or to Australia (or Canada)...and to soon form an opinion that the abos/natives are a bunch of bone idle drunks?

They wouldn't need our input. :D

In short, it's easy to become 'prejudiced' against lazy, abusive, and mostly dumb as shit people.

And how far off the mark are our prejudices and stereotypes anyways. I'd say not far as I've personally seen many borne out.

Not a lot of a lot of prejudice against those goddam..."peaceful, stoic, well-educated multi-lingual Swiss"...is there. :D

IA

Edited by IsaanAlex

... In short, it's easy to become 'prejudiced' against lazy, abusive, and mostly dumb as shit people.

And how far off the mark are our prejudices and stereotypes anyways. I'd say not far as I've personally seen many borne out.

Not a lot of a lot of prejudice against those goddam..."peaceful, stoic, well-educated multi-lingual Swiss"...is there.  :o

IA

No, but there should be a lot more against stupid, presumptuous white men.

:o

:D

Better yet, let start a thread about all of history's standout female chefs, scientists, artists, Presidents, Prime Ministers, CEO's etc.

Should be a short thread; although we'd need multiple forums for those 'stupid men'.

And likewise, comparing the contributions of whites to non-whites is like comparing the contributions of men to women.

Maybe try to get your head out of your ass before making stupid comments; or, better yet :D if you disagree with something someone says, why don't you try to intelligently refute what they're saying?

Low blows based on ones race, sex, nationality, or sexual orientation aren't welcome on this fine forum. :D

IA

gburns57au wrote:

Erm, I literally just have to look out my front window to see the the kind of things that I mentioned. Or talk to almost any farang that lives here. Or Thai that's being honest...

And I was referring to the guide book that, like most, slips into cliches like "Thais are tolerant, gentle buddhists with gentle hearts who make merit daily, blah, blah, blah"

And I suspect that Bangkok and Isaan are a bit different; in degree rather than in kind though. :o

IA

Alex, I have spent a lot of time in the Isaan area when I was married to my ex....Didnt use a guide book to find my way around...I lived with them rather than amongst them and that is a big difference. So the comment you made in reply to my other post....

PS. Where are all the guys creeping out of ...that think Thailand is like the Lonely Planet guide says it is; how long have some of you spent in Thailand and/or mixing with real Thai people?

Unquote

....I found to be a touch insulting, I learnt a lot about the traditional way of life from living with the "real" Thai people. Something that I am becoming more loathe to discuss on this forum because of responses such as this.

:o

Better yet, let start a thread about all of history's standout female chefs, scientists, artists, Presidents, Prime Ministers, CEO's etc.

Should be a short thread; although we'd need multiple forums for those 'stupid men'.

And likewise, comparing the contributions of whites to non-whites is like comparing the contributions of men to women.

[COLOR=purple]Yes, we'd need multiple forums for stupid white men because there are so many of them. As for the contributions of women and people of color, I'll leave that to the record and history. No use in arguing with a cheap imitation of a white supremacist who needs to go to some nameless village in a developing country to feel justified.

Maybe try to get your head out of your ass before making stupid comments; or, better yet :D if you disagree with something someone says, why don't you try to intelligently refute what they're saying?

[COLOR=purple]If I recall, you aped the same insult at me on another thread that was closed before I could publicly laugh at you. And now you accuse me of making stupid comments, in the midst of making one yourself. Isn't that the very definition of stupidity? :D

IA

edit - color

Edited by kat

kat wrote (and very poorly I might add :D ):

Yes, we'd need multiple forums for stupid white men because there are so many of them.
How very insulting; is there a mod around for this manhater? :D
As for the contributions of women and people of color, I'll leave that to the record and history.

No use in arguing with a cheap imitation of a white supremacist who needs to go to some nameless village in a developing country to feel justified.
No use arguing if the above is the best you've got.

Sure, let's leave it 'the record' and 'to history'. :o

If I recall, you aped the same insult at me on another thread that was closed before I could publicly laugh at you. And now you accuse me of making stupid comments, in the midst of making one yourself. Isn't that the very definition of stupidity?

The very definition would be to respond to something like this..." Maybe try to get your head out of your ass before making stupid comments; or, better yet if you disagree with something someone says, why don't you try to intelligently refute what they're saying?"....with this:

"If I recall, you aped the same insult at me on another thread that was closed before I could publicly laugh at you. And now you accuse me of making stupid comments, in the midst of making one yourself. Isn't that the very definition of stupidity? "

It just shows that you have a history of making stupid comments and I have a history of calling you on it and kindly advising you that if you " disagree with something someone says, why don't you try to intelligently refute what they're saying?"

gburns57au wrote:

....I found to be a touch insulting,

My apologies, as it wasn't both barrels directed at you but was a general query...
I learnt a lot about the traditional way of life from living with the "real" Thai people.

Care to share lessons about their traditional way of life? Are these real Thai people any different than the ones I've met through vacations, marriage, work, etc?

Because if they're the same I haven't learnt a bloody thing from them. I could probably stand to learn a few things from the Indian or Chinese moneylenders but I'm doing okay without them. :D

Something that I am becoming more loathe to discuss on this forum because of responses such as this.

Well, I just want to tell you that if anyone is saying anything that clashes with your interpretation of reality, then they ,must be wrong. And if many people disagree, then many people must be wrong.

It couldn't possibly be one part of you wrestling with another, trying to reconcile what you wish to be true with what actually is in fact the case...

IA

Edited by IsaanAlex

kat wrote (and very poorly I might add :D ):
Yes, we'd need multiple forums for stupid white men because there are so many of them.

How very insulting; is there a mod around for this manhater? :D

:D Too bad there aren't mods at the airport. But then again, I'm sure your Thai wife will figure out a way to deal with you.

As for the contributions of women and people of color, I'll leave that to the record and history.
No use in arguing with a cheap imitation of a white supremacist who needs to go to some nameless village in a developing country to feel justified.

No use arguing if the above is the best you've got.

Sure, let's leave it 'the record' and 'to history'. :o

Why would I waste my best in an argument with you?

If I recall, you aped the same insult at me on another thread that was closed before I could publicly laugh at you. And now you accuse me of making stupid comments, in the midst of making one yourself. Isn't that the very definition of stupidity?

The very definition would be to respond to something like this..." Maybe try to get your head out of your ass before making stupid comments; or, better yet if you disagree with something someone says, why don't you try to intelligently refute what they're saying?"....with this:

"If I recall, you aped the same insult at me on another thread that was closed before I could publicly laugh at you. And now you accuse me of making stupid comments, in the midst of making one yourself. Isn't that the very definition of stupidity? "

It just shows that you have a history of making stupid comments and I have a history of calling you on it and kindly advising you that if you " disagree with something someone says, why don't you try to intelligently refute what they're saying?"

Intelligence? I thought your posts were more in the category of slapstick. Go straighten out your little moustache and stomp around your village until someone deals with you properly.

Edited by kat

kat wrote:

Too bad there aren't mods at the airport. But then again, I'm sure your Thai wife will figure out a way to deal with you.
Whatever do you mean? Am I in danger? :o
Why would I waste my best in an argument with you?

A nicely done rollover. Proclaim oneself to be above another person or their argument when they've no hope of 'winning' against either. :D

Go straighten out your little moustache and stomp around your village until someone deals with you properly.

I have a moustache? :D Am I in danger? :D:D

And just what the <deleted> do you think qualifies anyone around here to deal with me?

I don't cause anyone any problems but if they come to me with one I'll do my best to put their head on a pike.

Hard to beat someone who already doesn't give a rats ass. :D

IA

PS. How do you feel about paying all bills and putting your man on a 20,000 baht per month 'allowance' kat? :D

Edited by IsaanAlex

"A nicely done rollover. Proclaim oneself to be above another person or their argument when they've no hope of 'winning' against either. "

On the contrary, I could teach you something about the aspects of history which you obviously never learned, but as I said, it would be a wasted effort.

In terms of danger, I think you are your own worst enemy. At any rate, I'm done. Thanks for the entertainment.

Edited by kat

"How do you feel about paying all bills and putting your man on a 20,000 baht per month 'allowance' kat?"

One more thing Alex (you are a lot of fun :D ) - I don't date children, I date men. Why on earth would a man need an allowance?

Good luck to you Alex. You're gonna need it. :o

"How do you feel about paying all bills and putting your man on a 20,000 baht per month 'allowance' kat?"

One more thing Alex (you are a lot of fun  :D ) - I don't date children, I date men.  Why on earth would a man need an allowance?

Good luck to you Alex.  You're gonna need it.  :o 

You said you were done.

so everyone stop replying to this thread then.....

dammitt, i just did too

cool ! it's taken only about a month and what - 5 pages with almost 200 posts to come to this final conlcusion? I thought the fun has only began and would compete with "Rain"

I mean - how long it has to take to exchange opinions of how much allowance to pay to a girl - if such thing even needs to be discussed ?

certainly VT progresses ! :o

oops - I mean - TV, sorry ! VT is some other destination.

Edited by aaaaaa

That's right Doctor; show the man-hating attention-whore your might and zap her off the board!  :D

IA

Careful dude... with comments like that you might find yourself in that position. :o