Red Stamps (vientiane, Cambodia)

Greetings,

A few days ago my friend got a red stamp on his 30-day Cambodia Visa run. He performed 4 runs in a row.

Previously i thought that only those, trying to get a Tourist visa are effected, which is not the case anymore.

Thus, he is forced to move out of the country.

For me, I have 3 Tourist Visas already in my passport from Lao, and about 6 30-days stamps (heavy duty passport). After the last Tourist Visa I've left Thailand for 5 months and now come back currently sitting on a 30-day stamp.

What you think - will I be eligible for another Tourist Visa in Lao (with, or without red stamp I don't care - my passport is almost full - have to change it anyway), or I'll get only a 30-day entry with a red stamp?

Thank You, Dmitry

Did your friend go by airplane to Cambodia?

Did he get the red stamp at border or at Thai consulate?

Via a 2k bhat visa run pattaya-cambodia on a minibus, so he got in on a border.

Edited by Dmitry

We are russians, and due to the mutual agreement between Russia and Thailand are always getting 30-day stamps.

Ok, here is an update. On a stamp the departure date is usually the blue one. his last one was _red_ and he was told by the officer that no more stamps for him.

Anyone can confirm this please. Getting the new passport clears the red stamp from the previous one, or the passport holder is added to Imm. database?

If the later, maybe the one should avoid visa run at all and apply to the ED visa instead.

Thank you.

Anyone can confirm this please. Getting the new passport clears the red stamp from the previous one, or the passport holder is added to Imm. database?

If the later, maybe the one should avoid visa run at all and apply to the ED visa instead.

Thank you.

It seems very few are willing to try applying another tourist visa with red stamp already in the passport.

Thank you.

It seems very few are willing to try applying another tourist visa with red stamp already in the passport.

No, I mean applying with the new passport while the old one had the red stamp. May be Imm. blacklists you together with the red stamp - who knows?

We are russians, and due to the mutual agreement between Russia and Thailand are always getting 30-day stamps.

Ok, here is an update. On a stamp the departure date is usually the blue one. his last one was _red_ and he was told by the officer that no more stamps for him.

So he got the regular arrival stamp that says “ADMITTED <date> UNTIL <date> but this time the immigration officer used a red ink pad whereas his earlier arrival stamps were in blue. Plus the verbal message that he would be allowed no more visa-exempt entries. Interesting.

--

Maestro

When they started the 15 day land border entry they stated that four was max.

Haven't heard it been enforced until now.

They were counting entry stamps as late as November last year at Ban Pakkad. The visa agents were all warning not to go back if you have 4. You never know what they're going to do.

I went to laos (vientiane) just before new years and got a double entry tourist visa, but i also got the red stamp saying ( Remark: holder of the passport travels to thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in refusal of a visa in the future)

I´ve done 1 boarder run to cambodia about 2 years ago which gave me 30 days visa. And i also have 2 double entry tourist visas issued (2008 and 2009) in stockholm in my passport.

I went to laos (vientiane) just before new years and got a double entry tourist visa, but i also got the red stamp saying ( Remark: holder of the passport travels to thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in refusal of a visa in the future)

I´ve done 1 boarder run to cambodia about 2 years ago which gave me 30 days visa. And i also have 2 double entry tourist visas issued (2008 and 2009) in stockholm in my passport.

Interesting!

You only had 2 previous tourist visas in your passport and still got a red stamp and both of your previous tourist visas were issued in Sweden.

Could this be evidence of a further tightening up at the Thai Consulate in Vientiane?

I am a Cambodian resident but come to Thailand frequently .

I did 7 border crossings since the new rules were brought in to being , given 15 days each time , the 6th time I was quizzed as to why so many visits to thailand , the 7th was told no more , to get a legitimate visa ( Which I now have )

It would be interesting to know exactly what they would do if one were to check out of Cambodia with excess stamps , as re-entry into Cambodia would be refused without a departure stamp from Thailand

I am a Cambodian resident but come to Thailand frequently .

I did 7 border crossings since the new rules were brought in to being , given 15 days each time , the 6th time I was quizzed as to why so many visits to thailand , the 7th was told no more , to get a legitimate visa ( Which I now have )

It would be interesting to know exactly what they would do if one were to check out of Cambodia with excess stamps , as re-entry into Cambodia would be refused without a departure stamp from Thailand

You did 7 border crossings since when exactly? (they're always bringing out new rules)

Surely you should have been treated as a tourist if you live in Cambodia and just visit Thailand frequently. I could think of many reasons to give them in answer to such a question. What if you just like to spend weekends in Thailand visiting friends or partying (for example). Why would you need a special visa for that?

What is this "legitimate visa" you now have?

Surely you should have been treated as a tourist if you live in Cambodia and just visit Thailand frequently. I could think of many reasons to give them in answer to such a question. What if you just like to spend weekends in Thailand visiting friends or partying (for example). Why would you need a special visa for that?

Hmmmm...the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs forgot to mention the "Partying Visa". They only mentioned the Transit Visa, Tourist Visa, Non-Immigrant Visa, Diplomatic Visa, Official Visa, and Courtesy Visa.

Where exactly did you see "partying" listed as one of the legitimate reasons for being granted a visa by Thailand...or any other country? And if so, which countries accept "partying" as reason for a visa?

I am still trying to figure out what is the criteria of getting a tourist visa for those who visit Thailand frequently, or to the long-staying people in a tourist visas.

The speculation were circulating around the "age", "nationality", "well-groomed" and/or "profession", which none of them proved to be the real factor unless it is a combination consisting of all of them together?!

Here is a case:

spending the holidays in Kuala Lumpur, I went to the Thai embassy in the first day they opened after the holidays (4th January) to apply for a tourist visa and noticed the following:

1. People applying for any kind of visa have been reduced significantly from any of my previous visits.

2. There were a notice on the guard's window, where people register their names and collect the application forms, stating that repeatedly departing and re-entering Thailand is considered as a concealment of the real purpose of stay and such person WILL not be issued a tourist visa (not:"MAY not be issued").

I decided to proceed anyhow regardless whether they will accept my application or not? As 46 of my 48 pages passport were completely filled with regional countries' visas including seven (7) of Thai tourist visas, two extensions and few border runs.

The person in charge checked my passport page by page, smiled, wrote down my name on a receipt and told me to collect my passport next day, without a single question asked.

Well, What is the criteria?? is it the combination above in which I meet all of them? or something else still missing?

Bishop

That you are not working inside Thailand would seem to be the primary concern and your frequent trips to other countries probably helped lower that.

Thank you lopburi3, glad you proof me wrong when I said (sometimes ago) that you are not coming back. keep going dude and have a wonderful day.

Bishop

That you are not working inside Thailand would seem to be the primary concern and your frequent trips to other countries probably helped lower that.

it makes you wonder...i mean what if you you gave them a bank statement with sufficient funds, condo ownership papers, et al...they could obviously see that you didn't need to work and were obviously living in Thailand (and not eligible for retirement visa)...if they took the time they would also see that someone who doesn't go in and out for a day, and say stays out of Thailand for a month or two here and there most certainly cannot have a fulltime job in the country...yet this doesn't seem to matter...it still strikes me as very very arbitrary. I am headed to Vientiane in 2 weeks, i have a passport that has stamps since 2004, 7 TV, 2 Non B's, and I am certainly expecting the worst, but you never know.