Football Focus

Sparkles

It's funny, I was just thinking after watching FF this Tuesday how rubbish it actually was. I always make a point of watching it as there is "Scottish Fitba Association" else to watch with any pundits that I can understand...

I admit to liking Jamie Reeves and John Dykes, though if they could make more of an effort with 'guest pundits' it would be better - Tyler was great, even Guillaume the spaniard is a welcome change from masefield and singh!

First Edition is great as Keys' is quality.

However, let me leave you all with this thought - no matter how crap any of those pundit shows are, just how much worse would they be if Andy Panders was in any of them!

It's funny, I was just thinking after watching FF this Tuesday how rubbish it actually was. I always make a point of watching it as there is "Scottish Fitba Association" else to watch with any pundits that I can understand...

I admit to liking Jamie Reeves and John Dykes, though if they could make more of an effort with 'guest pundits' it would be better - Tyler was great, even Guillaume the spaniard is a welcome change from masefield and singh!

However, let me leave you all with this thought - no matter how crap any of those pundit shows are, just how much worse would they be if Andy Panders was in any of them!

Got to agree with you Jim, that show that "Andy Pandy" presents is stiff, boring and amatuerish.

Mind you it's just slightly better than the show he was on last year. The one with all the "kids" sprawled on the settees, reminded me of Friday tea-time in the UK................"Crackerjack".

Got to agree with you Jim, that show that "Andy Pandy" presents is stiff, boring and amatuerish.

Mind you it's just slightly better than the show he was on last year. The one with all the "kids" sprawled on the settees, reminded me of Friday tea-time in the UK................"Crackerjack".

If it wasn't for Jameee OHHHH, ESPN would not be worth tuning into at all.

Jamie Reeves being the saviour of any panel is a very scary prospect :)

I think bkkjames might be refering the female Jamie who is indeed quite pleasing on the eye - still not worth sitting through that crap show she presents though. It's the kiddie version, football-themed equivalent of Channel 4's "The Word"... but worse.

I think bkkjames might be refering the female Jamie who is indeed quite pleasing on the eye - still not worth sitting through that crap show she presents though. It's the kiddie version, football-themed equivalent of Channel 4's "The Word"... but worse.

Clearly i'd better pluck up the courage to watch this stuff more. Is she on a par with the Malaysian chick who does the F1? .........Or are they the same?.....

Sorry for the slightly off topic comment, but Jamie is far saucier than Paula. That said, Football Crazy simply needs to go... maybe team her up with Paula doing something else. What ever happened to that sultry looking, busty blonde who appeared for a stint a few years back??? I digress...

...oh, and yes, I thought that last week's show 'sans Shebby' was an improvement!

Football Crazy's target audience is sub teens and/or people who know absolutely nothing about football . Thats why they signed the new pretty boy host to replace the moronic Andy Panders who was kicked upstairs to host possibly the worlds most boring show Tiger football or something equally misnamed. Throw in the Thai produced shows Yamaha uncut , Heart of Goals and you have the greatest load of drivel ever to grace a TV screen

jeff stelling is magnificent. he is made to look even more amazing though by the moronic blerts they have on there like charlie nicholas, matt le tissier and that braindead arsewit paul merson.

Don't forget Phil Thompson.The man is one step up from The Missing Link.

Got to admit, I actually quite enjoyed last nights offering.

No Shebby, Masefield doing his usual drivel, Reevoooooo with his "I don't like my country being captained by a womaniser", Parker with some semi-intelligent statements and the return of the Scouse "Liverpool for 4th".

All in all, I found it quite entertaining.

No Shebby, Masefield doing his usual drivel, Reevoooooo with his "I don't like my country being captained by a womaniser", Parker with some semi-intelligent statements and the return of the Scouse "Liverpool for 4th".

It was certainly a shock when Mcmahon said that Liverpool would finish 4th :)

I thought last nights show was the most entertaining for a long time. Especially the debate about John Terry and Capello's big decision. -- me too, not at all.

I thought they spent far too much debating it. Would prefer more talk about on the field activities such as upcoming matches, injuries, suspensions, who's hot, who's not, current streaks and so on.

But I guess that is what football forecast is for.

Entertaining ??? took Mc Mahon 30 seconds to cut across what Paul Parker was saying. If you put a stop watch on them Mc Mahon would have taken up 50% of the conversation time. Then the name dropping ......I was sitting with Bryan Robson.....I find it amusing that Mc Mahon ,who was fired from his last managerial job (Perth Glory) hardly a world football power, believes he has the all secrets to footballing glory. Didnt reflect in his managerial career

It was certainly a shock when Mcmahon said that Liverpool would finish 4th :)

What a revelation! I bet he burnt the midnight oil over that one.All these people do is talk the obvious.They are supposed to be the experts so tell me something I DON'T know.

• 3 months later...

Anyone know if the show is being axed? This evening they said that in the final show of the season next week they would be looking back at previous years of the show. Not that bothered as i think things have got stale, just interested to know.

Also wonder about John Dykes future with ESPN. He seemed to be dropping some hints on First Edition that things would be changing.

Anyone know if the show is being axed? This evening they said that in the final show of the season next week they would be looking back at previous years of the show. Not that bothered as i think things have got stale, just interested to know.

Also wonder about John Dykes future with ESPN. He seemed to be dropping some hints on First Edition that things would be changing.

Dykes is off to England, mate.

Got a job over there!!

Got a job over there!!

Correct, he is going to be the scammers new manager with shebby as his assistant to keep the locals happy :)

Got a job over there!!

That's a shame. Some of the shows might have been getting a bit tired, and some of the pundits might be knobs, but John is a great pro and really has made ESPN's Premiership coverage what it is. Puts Andy Pandy and co in the shade - not that that's a difficult thing to do. :)

It will be interesting to see what Truevisions premiership package for next season will be as i believe this was the last season of their 3 year deal.

From a purely selfish point of view, i hope it goes back to ESPN and Star Sports.

Paul Parker looked like a petrified rabbit in the headlights of an oncoming car every time he opened his mouth.Steve "I do,I really do" McMahon sat back in his comfy chair and talked a lot but said nowt.John Dykes,as usual,did a good job as anchor man to a panel of dullards and will be missed.

Got a job over there!!

Correct, he is going to be the scammers new manager with shebby as his assistant to keep the locals happy :)

Uncle Muhinda would be a happy Man if that was the case Alfredo, i tell you that..