Buying A Tuk Tuk

keestha

I would like to buy a tuk tuk to use as a second car in my hotel: to bring departing guests to the busstop, when the pickup truck is being used for shopping.

Since I am Khao Lak based, ideally I would like to buy one in Southern Thailand, but if need be it would be OK for me to drive the vehicle down from Chiang Mai or wherever.

Would also be willing to consider a second hand tuk tuk, if in an acceptable technical condition.

Sorry if this question has been raised here before, and thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by keestha

Get a 2nd hand one locally (ask at the local TT stop) - paint in your company colors.

But before you leap, consider taxation issues. Might need to be company registered at hotel transport, insurance? and police interest. (I assume you will not be driving as this is a banned occupation and I doubt your WP4 will cover it.)

All this issues would only be on interest to a farang owned TT/Hotel combination, you know the drill.

If buying 2nd hand, check it for concealed weapons as the previous driver may have sold it and left the area quickly.

Hi all in the market ( or at least in the market to put down a deposit ) for one for my brother in law. Bangkok area . Any info on where they are purchaced would be helpful. Figures , interest rates payment periods so far provided by b in law vague to say the least.

Richard

If buying 2nd hand, check it for concealed weapons as the previous driver may have sold it and left the area quickly

:)

Especially if you buy in Phuket

I am in Bangkok and looking for the same if anyone knows

Looking for the larger ones with double seats