Reggae Bar

wjmark

Yeah, I just thought about this post from earlier today, wj...

What exactly is the shop you're looking for, near the "Rasta Bar"?

End of Loi Kroh Road, on Charoen Prathet, is a big so-called rasta (small case) bar.

On the south end of Moon Muang, near Mandalay, is a bar with rasta in the name.

Saying this shop is near the "Rasta" bar....is like saying "the shop near the coffee shop" or "the shop near the massage parlor", at least in Chiang Mai.

Give us some more specifics about this shop you're looking for, what they sell, etc., and we can extrapolate from that and guess which of the myriad rasta bars in CM it is next to.

Thanks for the input, (and sorry, it is private business... )

Yes - I thought they meant the Rasta Bar, but that is not the place. And I went past the backpacker's area, and not there either.

I thought that the name The Reggae Bar was specifically mentioned, but TIT and I do get confused!

Maybe there is there one down in Chiang Mai Land?

End of Loi Kroh Road, on Charoen Prathet, is a big so-called rasta (small case) bar.

On the south end of Moon Muang, near Mandalay, is a bar with rasta in the name.

I believe those are one and the same. I think the one near Mandalay actually closed down and relocated to the spot on Charoen Prathet.

-Mestizo

'Tis a mystery, this shop near a Reggae Bar.

However I will offer that the Reggae bar on Charoen Prathet (just up from the Chedi), if you continue north just a mite....on the other side of the street (west side) is a very highly regarded small liquor store, that has an extensive line of imported rolling and pipe tobacco, and cigarette papers, in every brand, size, colour and shape. Extensive collection of pipes for sale, as well.

Perhaps what the OP was looking for?

Yeah, there's a couple of musical instrument shops across the road and down a bit too - but can;t see why either would be private? Now I'm gonna be looking for interesting shops on my way to the pub! Mostly cafe's, massage parlours, couple of crappy 'caberet' places (not sure how else to discribe them), some bars and the back of Ansawarn (spelling?) Market as far as I can recall.

Never seen anything Rusta in CM Land either - a few bars (and the giant flourescent shrimp on the corner), but no Raggae/Rusta bar that I can remember either (drive through it most days, but don't take too much notice anymore)

Edited by wolf5370