What Does Everyone Do In Thailand?

systemshock

Hello everyone. I'm just browsing through this forum fantasizing about living in Thailand and reading all the posts made me wonder what everyone does for a living there? any threads I've seen about jobs imply that its very difficult to get anything other than teaching yet I didnt get the impression there were many teachers posting here. Pardon my nosiness but how do you all make ends meet in Thailand? or do you mostly have private incomes from home that strecth a lot further in Thailand?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone. I'm just browsing through this forum fantasizing about living in Thailand and reading all the posts made me wonder what everyone does for a living there? any threads I've seen about jobs imply that its very difficult to get anything other than teaching yet I didnt get the impression there were many teachers posting here. Pardon my nosiness but how do you all make ends meet in Thailand? or do you mostly have private incomes from home that strecth a lot further in Thailand?

I relax and take it easy in Thailand, then come back to the UK and work my ass off.. :D

totster :o

Thai wife works for a US finance firm in BKK.

I work for a US software firm in BKK.

Have property rental income from NZL, Aussie and LOS.

Plus a few other investments here and there.

.......or do you mostly have private incomes from home that strecth a lot further in Thailand?

Guess the above statement would apply here, money goes a lot further in Thailand. So what to do....motorcycle trips, have fun, drink a little beer...keg_pounding_sm_clr.gif

There's nothing wrong with owning a bar provided you live in the same building and don't need or expect to make any money. LOL! The best thing about owning the bar is when your friends come over you can charge them for their beer.

If you are making money you are in the minority and you WELL know it :D

How many more bars would you like to buy? I know of many for sale. :o

People generally don't sell money making bars unless the offer is very attractive. :D

I own a bar :D  Does that mean i'm losing money? :D

If you are making money you are in the minority and you WELL know it  :D

How many more bars would you like to buy? I know of many for sale.  :o

People generally don't sell money making bars unless the offer is very attractive.  :D

I own a bar :D  Does that mean i'm losing money? :D

Not looking to buy more but would like to open the same bar in another part of thailand one day.

People generally don't sell money making bars unless the offer is very attractive.  :D

Maybe the offer will be enough oneday :D

I Chill at the moment.

I have been looking for a business opportunity since I deciced to move here for good, but there has been nothing that has bit me on the arse yet and said "Wow this is a good idea"

Tried 2 businesses in LOS before I came for good and before I sold my UK company, but lost a shed load of money, so for now I am keeping my stash under the bed.

Anybody know how far does 5 baht goes?

i'm an executive working for a foreign company.  i have not encountered many ppl like me on this forum.

I'm not an executive, but I am on a full expat package with a long term assignment in Thailand for a Multi National Corp in the oil and gas industry.

TH

okay then i guess there are a few of us here on expat terms...but still very few on this forum. my impression is most ppl on this forum are

a) retirees, or

:o those who have made their bundle and do not need to work anymore, living here on a permanent or semi-permanent basis, or

c) those who are living here and working for themselves, either as private investors or in small businesses, or

d) those who are married to a thai and are here trying to start life over as a thai (many of whom live outside of Bangkok), or a combination of the above, or

e) those who are clueless, single and jobless with fantasies of being a DJ

Edited by thedude

i'm an executive working for a foreign company.  i have not encountered many ppl like me on this forum.

I'm not an executive, but I am on a full expat package with a long term assignment in Thailand for a Multi National Corp in the oil and gas industry.

TH

okay then i guess there are a few of us here on expat terms...but still very few on this forum. my impression is most ppl on this forum are

a) retirees, or

:D those who have made their bundle and do not need to work anymore, living here on a permanent or semi-permanent basis, or

c) those who are living here and working for themselves, either as private investors or in small businesses, or

d) those who are married to a thai and are here trying to start life over as a thai (many of whom live outside of Bangkok), or a combination of the above, or

I fall into the c catagory, with a bit of d also. (married) :D

Option e = :o

:D

TH

a) retirees, or

:D those who have made their bundle and do not need to work anymore, living here on a permanent or semi-permanent basis, or

f) executives working for a foreign company that have not encountered many ppl like themselves on this forum and that soon will have to go back to 9-5wastelands and dream of coming back to LOS even as a clueless, single and jobless with fantasies of being a DJ :o

Edited by pomchopkao

TH

a) retirees, or

f) executives working for a foreign company that have not encountered many ppl like themselves on this forum and that soon will have to go back to 9-5wastelands and dream of coming back to LOS even as a clueless, single and jobless with fantasies of being a DJ :D

:o